What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jiro - MIL will not allow any additional A/C units in the house. "Raises the electric bill too much!" is her response.

I will stop belly-aching about the heat in the house. I do know there will be relief in the end. We will have it better than her hopefully next summer as we will have central A/C and ceiling fans.

Today, I read for 1 hour in my bible, then went to deaf church and had breakfast there, chit-chat time, then church, then a lot more chit-chat, then home. Went on internet for a while, did 2 ASL lessons online, read for another hour in my bible, fixed and ate dinner and here I is.

Congratulations to Steinhauer and to Grummer!!

We went to see Harry Potter. It was fun. I can't wait till it comes out on video so I can find out what they said! lol

Congratulations Steinhauer on your marriage and upcoming baby!!

Today I went to church, came home and we had the usual Sunday dinner with the entire extended family. Then went to evening services at church for the first time in about 4 or 5 years. It was a bit different, but good. It's more like a Sunday night bible study than it is an actual evening sermon. It was alright. I spoke with the pastor's wife some then I came home and now here I am.

Today, I rested in the morning and then got busy with my new painting project. Primed it, went to my friend's house for a dog party, and then painted my cabinets with the color I wanted. Will apply the 2nd coat tmw and then all done with that little project.

Well so far I have cleaned my desk, vacuumed the living room floor, planned my menu for next week, got my car jump started, washed the dishes and I will be vacuuming the kitchen floor and I'l bring the laundry downstairs and change the dressing on my wound later tonight.

Well so far I have cleaned my desk, vacuumed the living room floor, planned my menu for next week, got my car jump started, washed the dishes and I will be vacuuming the kitchen floor and I'l bring the laundry downstairs and change the dressing on my wound later tonight.

Crap!! - you reminded me, I never put a new bandage on my mother today. Her leg broke out with new sores and blisters in the area where her skin graft was put. Never has healed right and it's been 3 years now. Has to do with her cirrhosis and her Hep C.

Crap!! - you reminded me, I never put a new bandage on my mother today. Her leg broke out with new sores and blisters in the area where her skin graft was put. Never has healed right and it's been 3 years now. Has to do with her cirrhosis and her Hep C.

Yow and I thought my wound was bad! I've had it for a year and half. Reason why it's been so long is that I have poor circulation so I had to undergo a stint earlier this year.

Yow and I thought my wound was bad! I've had it for a year and half. Reason why it's been so long is that I have poor circulation so I had to undergo a stint earlier this year.

Right, but I know your's could potentially be more life threatening due to the diabetes, right? I was forewarned by the surgeon that I may be bandaging this off and on for the rest of her life. That's why he and his drop-dead gorgeous looking hunk of a male nurse really taught me how to care for it and wrote everything out step by step. The doctor here in Florida thinks the surgeon messed up the surgery for this to keep going on, but another surgeon here locally said mom's surgeon did nothing wrong and his prognosis was correct. So, I keep in stock, Triple Antibiotic ointment, 4X4 gauze pads and the cloth tape. Also have a needle with a long piece of thread in the first aid kit that gets an alcohol wipe before we gently pop the blister. Also, if the leg swells up, I have 4 six inch wide ace bandages to apply and rotate as needed. One a day.

Right, but I know your's could potentially be more life threatening due to the diabetes, right? I was forewarned by the surgeon that I may be bandaging this off and on for the rest of her life. That's why he and his drop-dead gorgeous looking hunk of a male nurse really taught me how to care for it and wrote everything out step by step. The doctor here in Florida thinks the surgeon messed up the surgery for this to keep going on, but another surgeon here locally said mom's surgeon did nothing wrong and his prognosis was correct. So, I keep in stock, Triple Antibiotic ointment, 4X4 gauze pads and the cloth tape. Also have a needle with a long piece of thread in the first aid kit that gets an alcohol wipe before we gently pop the blister. Also, if the leg swells up, I have 4 six inch wide ace bandages to apply and rotate as needed. One a day.

Well yes it could be life threatening in extreme cases due to infections..

My recent painting project

That's our built-in cabinet in the living room. I hated that ugly yellow color since we bought the house. Finally, after 4 years, I took action. Looks more updated. :)

Attachments

• cabinet1.jpg
    cabinet1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 11
  • cabinet2.jpg
    cabinet2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 11
yeah it's an improvement.

Thanks...will paint my tan computer desk and filing cabinets black as well. :)

Also, the brown walls were recently painted by yours truly last month. They used to be green. EEEW!

That's our built-in cabinet in the living room. I hated that ugly yellow color since we bought the house. Finally, after 4 years, I took action. Looks more updated. :)

Next time unscrew the handles and put it back on after the paint dries.

what is your hubby making for dinner? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back