Unusual Thrift store finds

I understand why he put you in the basement. Shag carpet....ugg! LOL

I agree on the shag carpet. If I found a whole houseful of new old stock for $10, I think I would pass.:lol:

The shag carpet is a cool color and believe it or not--it's making a comeback!

I had some in an old house we had when my kids were little. It came with the house.

That stuff collects crumbs !

I still have nightmares!:P

I had some in an old house we had when my kids were little. It came with the house.

That stuff collects crumbs !

I still have nightmares!:P

It collects crumbs, and has been known to trap small children crawling across the floor!:lol:

I have found stuff like monopoly pieces and such trapped down in the nap. I hate it!

It collects crumbs, and has been known to trap small children crawling across the floor!:lol:

I have found stuff like monopoly pieces and such trapped down in the nap. I hate it!

Exactly! :lol:

I went to yard sales today.

spent 6 whole bucks! LOL

Not many out today. In a few weeks there will be more!! Spring is usually the best time for yard sales here. :) I can't wait!

Buy anything interesting?

Nope not really.. Just a couple pair of Old Navy shorts for my daughter, Old Metal Spatula, couple of good knives, And a pair of jean Capri for me! :)

Did not find anything that caught my eyes, or any Apples decorations. Maybe next weekend.

Nope not really.. Just a couple pair of Old Navy shorts for my daughter, Old Metal Spatula, couple of good knives, And a pair of jean Capri for me! :)

Did not find anything that caught my eyes, or any Apples decorations. Maybe next weekend.

Yep, it's early in the season. After spring cleaning, the goodies will all show up at the sales.

I can't wait to go garage sale shopping. Honestly I never look at the small things, only the big furniture. I have transformed ugly wooden patio furniture into really cool indoor coffee tables and such. (I'm handy!) :)

I think it will be a while before Midwest garage sales. I was just out trying to remove the inch of ice from my driveway.:lol:

Maybe you need to stick with the basement sales for a while yet.:P

Oh heck, here in MN the garage sales start about April. Only a month to go. After all, here in MN, 40+ degrees is warm! ;)

Last edited:
I think it will be a while before Midwest garage sales. I was just out trying to remove the inch of ice from my driveway.:lol:

Poor bots! I am in my shorts and Tank top today! Had to crank the A/C in the car when I was bargain hunting! :D

Sending some warm weather your way!! :P

Poor bots! I am in my shorts and Tank top today! Had to crank the A/C in the car when I was bargain hunting! :D

Sending some warm weather your way!! :P

It will die when it reaches our border.:shock:

Like old fashioned department stores?

I never saw one in somebody's actual basement.

Yeah, I've seen a few held around here during the winter months. I wouldn't want all those people traipsing through my house to get to the basement, though! They advertise them in the paper as "indoor yard sales".

It will die when it reaches our border.:shock:

Awww. At least I tried! :giggle:

Yard Sales are more frequent in the spring time since it is not too hot or too cold. Perfect weather and dry season. Summer yard sales are usually in the AM. By afternoon they shut down before the usual afternoon thunderstorms hit.

Yeah, I've seen a few held around here during the winter months. I wouldn't want all those people traipsing through my house to get to the basement, though! They advertise them in the paper as "indoor yard sales".

Me either !!! A garage sale will do, thank you very much :)

Back