Unusual Thrift store finds

I did find and bought a framed poster of all the Disney characters sitting around smoking pot!

Bought it for $5.00!

I have it in my...."smoking" room along with bean bag chairs, shag carpet, lava lamp--very 1960's/1970's.

Quick question Botti: would your thread of Unusual Thrift store also include antique stores?

Quick question Botti: would your thread of Unusual Thrift store also include antique stores?

Yes, most antique stores can be a source of incredible bargains if you know what you are doing.

Thrift Stores - yay!

My Brother and I used to go every weekend. He loves going to the "White Trash Museum". hahahah (sorry guys, but still funny) I once found a wooden box with a lid that is shaped like a dog with a head on each end. The dog's back has a lid. I really like that funny thing. :giggle: Thrift stores are my favorite place to add to my cookbook collection. Any one else like them?

The most unusual I found was an "oosik" at an antique store.

My friend and I ended up getting into a bidding war over it with the owner.

I lost! :( :lol:

My Brother and I used to go every weekend. He loves going to the "White Trash Museum". hahahah (sorry guys, but still funny) I once found a wooden box with a lid that is shaped like a dog with a head on each end. The dog's back has a lid. I really like that funny thing. :giggle: Thrift stores are my favorite place to add to my cookbook collection. Any one else like them?

Cookbooks? Yes, 1920's to 1940's.

What kind do you like?

:lol:

You joined a good discussion!

:)

That's okay. Apparently it has ties to the Native American culture here in the Pacific Northwest, very interesting and informative.

I just googled it and apparently - some natives use it to make weapons like ax and club. that's a rather embarrassing way to die in battle - killed by a dick....

I just googled it and apparently - some natives use it to make weapons like ax and club. that's a rather embarrassing way to die in battle - killed by a dick....

:rofl:

Back