The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 and a half year old flat screen monitor is fading to white in spots. Warranty just ran out 6 months ago. I've hooked up my old huge heavy monitor again. This dinosaur monitor burns my eyes :roll: but at least I can read it.

Can't you adjust the brightness of your monitor?

I have a regular monitor too (not a flat panel one) but the screen itself is flat, but I am able to adjust the brightness when I have a headache.

Can't you adjust the brightness of your monitor?

I have a regular monitor too (not a flat panel one) but the screen itself is flat, but I am able to adjust the brightness when I have a headache.

Yes, I can adjust the brightness, but it makes pictures of people look like they're suffering from liver failure. It's been a while since I've used one of these kinds of monitors, so I think my eyes just had to get used to looking at a direct light source. My eyes aren't burning any more :)

SimplyMints, How are you? Long time no?

I have no idea how much you didn't hear about, but I'm alive at the moment! I'm getting used to several unknown apparently chronic conditions brought on by acute full-length GI swelling, ulcerations, and infection. My heart stopped while I was in hospital, but doctors say my heart is healthy, and I shouldn't worry about it stopping again. (Hey, does this mean I'm immortal now?) I'm now seeking psychiatric help because I basically feel like I'm losing my mind. In a nut shell, that's what has happened to me in the past two months. I'm on very mild pain medicine I've nicknamed Skittles. It doesn't take the pain away, but it makes me feel happy more often than usual, so that's a good thing .. I hope :giggle:

I have no idea how much you didn't hear about, but I'm alive at the moment! I'm getting used to several unknown apparently chronic conditions brought on by acute full-length GI swelling, ulcerations, and infection. My heart stopped while I was in hospital, but doctors say my heart is healthy, and I shouldn't worry about it stopping again. (Hey, does this mean I'm immortal now?) I'm now seeking psychiatric help because I basically feel like I'm losing my mind. In a nut shell, that's what has happened to me in the past two months. I'm on very mild pain medicine I've nicknamed Skittles. It doesn't take the pain away, but it makes me feel happy more often than usual, so that's a good thing .. I hope :giggle:

I would say that, for me, i just moved in within 13 days ago, still unboxing stuffs and all, i am doing my room while i am on here :giggle: :shock: i carried several heavy stuff in on first day we move in, all boxes, everything into house in one day :shock: It was pain in ass. Well, i hope things goes better for all of us. I am still in huge adjustment of moving. Yesterday i was homesick :( oh well. well, illness or anything that affect us make us stronger in future i always say.

secondly wonder why i am up this late? lol I am taking care of my baby sister :lol: she is 18 months old. I think she will be awake any time soon.

I would say that, for me, i just moved in within 13 days ago, still unboxing stuffs and all, i am doing my room while i am on here :giggle: :shock: i carried several heavy stuff in on first day we move in, all boxes, everything into house in one day :shock: It was pain in ass. Well, i hope things goes better for all of us. I am still in huge adjustment of moving. Yesterday i was homesick :( oh well. well, illness or anything that affect us make us stronger in future i always say.

I moved here almost two years ago, and I still have a lot of boxes I haven't unpacked yet :giggle: but now, I have to pack up again my living room because it has to be torn down and rebuilt because of major storm damage. I was hoping that wouldn't happen, but I knew it was likely. We had a bad storm just after I got home from hospital last month.

Oh, and I had the best Christmas ever with my family, so that was definitely good :)

secondly wonder why i am up this late? lol I am taking care of my baby sister :lol: she is 18 months old. I think she will be awake any time soon.

It's refreshing, lol, I often have nobody but my one Australian friend to talk to at this hour.

Wow! Sounds very painful. Are you able to eat?

I wasn't at first, but my GI tissues have been growing back pretty well since about the 11th of December, and I'm able to eat pretty good, though I must follow a strict diet assigned to me by a dietitian, and I'm constantly hungry no matter how much I eat because I guess I can't feel whatever it is I'm supposed to feel that tells my brain I'm not hungry any more.

You never happened to work for Hasbro, did you? Or Natural Wonders? hehe, probably not. Your avatar just looks familiar, like I've seen you in person :hmm: But then, I did work for Hasbro, so I saw a lot of people with pink hair, so maybe it's just that. No, I don't think it's the hair. Oh well, you can see why I need a shrink :giggle:

sorry, but i hate dr. pepper and dr. pibb. i'll take coke classic or an a&w root beer, please. :D

Ha, ha. I can't stand dr. pepper either. Even when I'm going thru caffine withdrawal, I'll end up pouring the stuff down the sink. Eeeeech.

oh yea JClarke? how about this one?

finger.jpg

**pix of me with my magic finger (middle finger). a hint for "shut the fok up, you must"

:laugh2: GOOD ONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back