The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd share this. I just received it from my work to post it on my work's website. It's a scholarship for blind people

National Federation of the Blind 2009 Scholarship Program
Each year at its national convention in July, the NFB gives a broad array of thirty scholarships to recognize achievement by blind scholars. All applicants for these scholarships:

1. must be legally blind (PDF document) in both eyes, and
2. must be residing in the United States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico, and
3. must be pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time, postsecondary course of study in a degree program at a United States' institution in the 2009 scholastic year, except that one scholarship may be given to a person employed full-time while attending school part-time, and
4. must participate in the entire NFB national convention and in all scheduled scholarship program activities. (Read "More Than Just Money for School" by Anil Lewis [available November 15th])

In addition to a scholarship, each winner will be brought to the 2009 National Federation of the Blind Annual Convention in July at Federation expense, providing an excellent opportunity for high level networking with active blind persons in many, many different professions and occupations.

The scholarship application deadline is March 31, 2009, 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.

Should post that in the question/debate blind thread thing
I don't think any of the blind read this thread except HA, so they're missing out on that.

Should post that in the question/debate blind thread thing
I don't think any of the blind read this thread except HA, so they're missing out on that.

oh ok! good idea.

mints,

what do you mean you saw a rainbow or that a pony looked at you? did this happen when you almost died?

i'm so sorry to hear about all of the pain you're in. i wish i could take it away.

one last question: since you mentioned crying alot, have you ever thought about taking an anti-depressant? it might help you feel so much better. my psychiatrist started me on an anti-depressant (fluoxetine) several weeks ago since i tend to be depressed this time of year due to my bipolar and i'm already able to see a positive difference.

The thing about the rainbow and the pony and the random people kissing are just examples of lame things that make me cry. I can come up with some more examples if you like. :giggle: Yes, I've thought about anti-depressants. I'd take one if it were prescribed to me by my doctor. I'm sure the psychological symptoms will be dealt with, but I included this one because it might be related to the other symptoms, and help to identify a common cause that might lead to a cure or some sort of solution other than treating individual symptoms by medicating until my liver gives out.

I forgot to mention that I have body odour that's intolerable to me. I shower all the time to try to get rid of it, but it just comes right back. I was originally told that it was caused by ciprofloxacn, but I've been off of that for a month already.

I am still sore and am back to work...again

My current dog, who is 12 today is going blind :(

Most dogs can function pretty well even blind. They rely more on smell and as long as you leave the furniture in place it is not too bad.

My parents had a blind Boston terrier when I was a kid, and a Lhasa Apso we had was blind for 8 of her 16 years.

i'm sorry about that, jake. what breed is he or she?

by the way, when i was a child, we used to have a lhasa apso that went blind. she became totally blind by the time she was 9, but was still able to walk around our home quite well by using her sense of smell and listening to sounds around her.

Well, specifically, she's a kelpie border cross to add.

Her hair is short, not long, doesn't grow BIG like her mother, she's a bit thin, colour is black and white.

I want to gently remind you that HA doesn't know what a some dogs look like, and their colors, she can only feel and percept..
Hear Again, if you think of Tigger but with very extremely short hair where you basically feel fuzz, ears sticking up instead of droopy - you've got an Aussie Kelpie right there. They're about the same size build.

Kelpie looks like a cross between australian shelpard and a doberman. I just googled up a picture of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back