That's it, that's it, that's Effing it!!!!!!!

Been there myself. And at age 24, I packed up my stuff, along with my 2 very small children, rented a small pullable Uhaul (on the back of my Mustang) and drove to another State for a "new" life. It might be "scary" to do it at first, but I'm happy I did just that. It gave me confidence in myself! My family was very controlling...my marriage was abusive also.

Don't be afraid of the "unknown"...be brave and confident that you're doing the right and best thing for urself.

Been there myself. And at age 24, I packed up my stuff, along with my 2 very small children, rented a small pullable Uhaul (on the back of my Mustang) and drove to another State for a "new" life. It might be "scary" to do it at first, but I'm happy I did just that. It gave me confidence in myself! My family was very controlling...my marriage was abusive also.

Don't be afraid of the "unknown"...be brave and confident that you're doing the right and best thing for urself.

Reminds me of II Timothy 1:7

About 96% of all cases of domestic violence and family abuse involve alcohol. I had no idea that the percentage was that high until I did an internship with a domestic violence coalition.
I'm not surprised. Alcohol can take away normal boundaries.

Hope things work out for you. Just do your best to think it over and find a good school for your girl where you both can settle down for a while.

Dixie, I'm very sorry to hear what's been going on in your home. I will pray that you find a way of escape from the situation. :hug:

66, will be 67 this September I believe.
He's old enough to use Medicare, so he should be able to afford a medical check up.

I don't think it's the money. I think he's afraid to go to a doctor.

Hey Dixie, and DeafSkeptic, too -- your situations are so heart-wrenching. I'm wishing for a whole lot of brightness to come your way, you both deserve it. What wonderful responses from this community, hope it makes you even stronger than you already are!

He's old enough to use Medicare, so he should be able to afford a medical check up.

I don't think it's the money. I think he's afraid to go to a doctor.
That, or he is in denial.

Dixie, I don't have a condo or a job to offer you to help your situation. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I truly hope you find a solution that works the way you want it to and give you and your DD peace. Keep your hopes up and be strong.

Back