Proccessor falling

No problem TheWGP...that's what I rant for too lately..my HA was one battery every 2-3 weeks , a sixpacket lasted me months...and could find them anywhere!!

Now with the CI..a sixpacket won't last me not even 2 weeks...:shock:

How long do the rechargeables reaching their full potential?:hmm:

Here is a lot of resellers jacking up and ripping us off..literally! :roll:

Do the rechargeable need charging every night? with one CI how much should I buy ? one or two ? ( I'm thinking one with also an box of 60 Powerone for emegenercies..Cloggy any thoughts on that? ) that way I'd feel more secure..and I always could buy more in the future if I needed..

What do you think ?
recharging every night. There's no need to drain them completely. They should last for a year. And as I said before. We have the disposable as backup..

Well looks like Vivie is coming along quite nicely..What all did you get with your CI kit ?
My kit had all kinds of goodies, rechargable batteries, cords, ear hooks, etc.

I am still on my basic mapping and hope to get a higher mapping this Friday during my 2 month mapping appt. Yep, it takes Patience, Persistency, and Practice to benefit from the new sounds etc..

LOL about the buzzing , picture Boults head, that is a buzz cut. As long as I buzz the coil area, my coil doesn't jiggle nor fall off as much.

The rechargable batteries should last about 2 years. I have one battery charging while I wear the oher one. Works out quite nicely.

I am still AMAZED at the Dead miltants attitudes against CI. Especially with Sweetmind and Porkie's attitude at DC.. I guess the owner of DC is gonna just let those two run his biz down.. Oh well .. There is many other deaf sites to go to ..

Have a great day and keep doing the 3 PPPs like me Vivie..

We actually bought them in Holland. Cheaper than Norway, more expensive than the staes... We payed 500 euro's for two.
We use the normal disposable batteries as backup... No need to invest even more in rechargeable..

That coffee.... I might just do that. Not this year, but how about february? :lol:

:shock: I will move to HOLLAND!!!!very cheap!!! will ask my audie again for a better price...

Wow, a six pack lasts you even a week? I'm still on the 3G BTE 22, and I go through a six pack in a little over two DAYS - I have to change about once a day (3 batteries at a time). Well, a change does last a little longer than a day, but not much - if I change the batteries at noon one day, by around 2pm the next day it'll be time for another change, and so on. And no, before you ask, I don't usually leave it on at night! ;)

Then again, my maps are very power-hungry, and I have a thick skin flap - kind of a "perfect storm" for battery sucking, I guess. Battery life is about the same for 1 AA with the Spectra, which is actually cheaper to use, sadly! I'm getting a Freedom replacement for the 3G BTE programmed on the 24th, and I'm kind of dreading seeing the battery life there - usually when Cochlear says "battery life improved" MY battery life seems to go down or not change much! :/

I don't know anything about the rechargeable ones yet, since I haven't actually USED the Freedom yet - sorry! I do think that hundreds of dollars for a rechargeable battery is a nice round ripoff - it's pretty much like those special-shaped camera batteries that only fit in one camera, to force you to keep buying their type... but with the implant, well, they sure do have a captive market! :)

Well I'm still in a crude map...later on..might not last me even that...

Well looks like Vivie is coming along quite nicely..What all did you get with your CI kit ?
My kit had all kinds of goodies, rechargable batteries, cords, ear hooks, etc.

I am still on my basic mapping and hope to get a higher mapping this Friday during my 2 month mapping appt. Yep, it takes Patience, Persistency, and Practice to benefit from the new sounds etc..

LOL about the buzzing , picture Boults head, that is a buzz cut. As long as I buzz the coil area, my coil doesn't jiggle nor fall off as much.

The rechargable batteries should last about 2 years. I have one battery charging while I wear the oher one. Works out quite nicely.

I am still AMAZED at the Dead miltants attitudes against CI. Especially with Sweetmind and Porkie's attitude at DC.. I guess the owner of DC is gonna just let those two run his biz down.. Oh well .. There is many other deaf sites to go to ..

Have a great day and keep doing the 3 PPPs like me Vivie..

Got the Dri-aid , the global model , a nifty bag for storing , cord for mp3 player , lapel microfone , tv cord , the papers and manuals ( an extra one in greek ) the check earhooks for parents , the oliver clips ( which I don't like ) , microfone covers two boxes ( one brown and one assorted colors ) , one box of mic locks which I can't work out even , a box with earhooks and that's it! not even SnugFit or the bodyworn as a back up or the rechargeables..these three were the most important for me.. :(

Got the Dri-aid , the global model , a nifty bag for storing , cord for mp3 player , lapel microfone , tv cord , the papers and manuals ( an extra one in greek ) the check earhooks for parents , the oliver clips ( which I don't like ) , microfone covers two boxes ( one brown and one assorted colors ) , one box of mic locks which I can't work out even , a box with earhooks and that's it! not even SnugFit or the bodyworn as a back up or the rechargeables..these three were the most important for me.. :(

Trade them in. Give the packages that you don't like (mic locks, check earhooks for parents -why would you need them anyways?), and the oilver clips.

See if you can convince your Audiologist to trade all of them for two rechargeable batteries, but that would mean you have to get the whole kit.

It seems like you got the Kids kit. Werid. Because I have so much STUFF. I had two processors, Dry&Store (not dry aid), microphone covers, two rechargeable batteries, rechargeable kit along with international plugs, TV/Audio, portable audio cord, snug fit, 60 pack batteries, ear hooks (short, long, and retaining for using earmolds), papers, storage box, bunch of battery holders (I now have 8 all together). I also was allowed to choose what kind of Processors - mini, regular, bodyworn. Of course I picked BTE for both surgeries...so I have 4 processors.

That's why I thought it was standard for everyone who gets Freedom Implant and Freedom CI.
Hmm...:hmm:

Trade them in. Give the packages that you don't like (mic locks, check earhooks for parents -why would you need them anyways?), and the oilver clips.

See if you can convince your Audiologist to trade all of them for two rechargeable batteries, but that would mean you have to get the whole kit.

It seems like you got the Kids kit. Werid. Because I have so much STUFF. I had two processors, Dry&Store (not dry aid), microphone covers, two rechargeable batteries, rechargeable kit along with international plugs, TV/Audio, portable audio cord, snug fit, 60 pack batteries, ear hooks (short, long, and retaining for using earmolds), papers, storage box, bunch of battery holders (I now have 8 all together). I also was allowed to choose what kind of Processors - mini, regular, bodyworn. Of course I picked BTE for both surgeries...so I have 4 processors.

That's why I thought it was standard for everyone who gets Freedom Implant and Freedom CI.
Hmm...:hmm:

Dry&Store I have too..the global version..
I had no extra proccessor , but I do have the microphone covers,TV/audio and portable audio cord..I don't have SnugFit or rechargeable batteries,or the kit..I had a pack of SIX batteries and had to buy another 60 off the internet..I also don't have the retaining earhooks for using earmolds..could use them for fitting on my old earmould..it's still good!! and ONE battery holder..and I NEVER was asked what kind of proccessor I wanted..I wanted the regular with the bodyworn shoe for emegenercies..it's still a cord...

Seems that I had the Kid's kit without the Koala..:lol: I'm getting a bit mad...

Cloggy did not had the rechargeables..Does Lotte has back up proccessors? I think she doesn't!!

*sigh*

Is there anyplace that says what kit contains whatever in Cochlear site? So if he contradicts me , will show him..?

Is there anyplace that says what kit contains whatever in Cochlear site? So if he contradicts me , will show him..?

'fraid not.

I got implanted twice, I got two boxes. They both have a few differences.

First box: Had snugfit, hard traveling case (it's $6 on the site)
Second box: retaining hooks, no hard traveling case, no snugfit

Everything else, the same stuff....so yeah, I pretty much have two of everything.

Went to the audie's office..

They were real bitchy and everything..receptionist said the price of the rechargeable kit is..1200 euros!!!!:shock:

Audie was away on holiday is coming back late afternoon in office..but I'm hammered to some babysitting! Drat! :roll:

Cloggy are THIS stiff the prices in Norway?:roll: and here I thought that 455 for the kit from an online shop was a bit much...nooooo wayyyyy! Still have to save it up..but..definitely from holland! Got so mad actually that I wanted to move abroad..

Hello again..

I'm worried..when I do play with teh kids that I babysit , and gets a bit rough..processor always fall off!! most times the coil fell off and got the proccessor at its dive! other times the opposite!!

and I did simple things like tickling or going to pick them up or start picking the toys after them...

also proccessor feels a lot heavy after few hours..and my ear gets achy..also the other time that I was running to some errands it again fell off..I would have lost it if the 5 year old I was looking after and had on my arms caught it and started playing with it laughing..and she knew it's forbidden to pop it off..and I was so distracted in my rush I never noticed lack of jolts! :shock:

when it feels too heavy I hang it on my eyeglasses ..and it's more prolly to falling..so the Ear gear the only thing it solved was the scar irritation..*sigh*

I'm starting to look for earmoulds..and other solutions..the earmould will be put only if it's the last solution..

I suppose if your implant area isn't too sensitive since the implant u can change your manget for stronger one...

Did they make the incision right behind your ear or further away?

Another idea... i remember when i was little i had those double sided sticky thing that sticks my HA to my skin.... any chance of you trying this? it may help to take little weight off your ear and stays on!!

the last few days I'm wearing my glasses only and hanging the BTE on them..it's still hidden by my hair , but my ear hurts still a lot..tonight as I walked back home got a real shoot of pain...my mother says my ear is still 'recovering'...

when did you felt everything go away ? pain numbness feeling everything etc..

I was numb in my implanted ear for a time..till I got the turban bandages, was feeling like my ear had fallen off...when they got removed..I was in a bit of discomfort as the blood came rushing to my numb ear..it was like tingling..then plain numbness..which now has gone away, but I get a lot of pain in the external ear..sometimes at the earring hole ( I havent worn earrings since before operation) sometimes at other portions..tonight was at the upper portion and was a bit strong , clapped my hand over it till it passed..:shock: got scared that something goes wrong...scar sometimes still bothers me , but I always expected that , I have older scars that still bother me ..:P

also I felt a bit of dizziness , and it sure wasn't from the summer heat , as I was in shops all day , but when I was dizzy was already two hours at a shop which was a/c..felt everything rushing..when I popped coil off the diziness passed after a few mins..half an hour later popped it on again and felt fine but was a bit disturbed from that..has happened that to anyone ? mentioned it to a ci friend and she told hers were pretty violent and got a bit scared...

Also I have some light tinnitus even when I'm wearing it lately...which gets stronger if I remove it..it happens when I'm relaxing or doing something that needs me to be concentrated what I do and not notice what I'm hearing..is that normal? distracts me and makes me dizzy...flunked at college big time!!

Last time had the violent tinnitus and after a mapping got so much better! it dissapeared , but now is coming lighter , but still dizzy..is that normal ? the only map I don't have tinnitus is the one I got for music..

I also got a CI moment today...nothing too spectacular but I 'll go add it...

Got dizzy again with tinnitus..popped coil off right now but I'm scared..going tomorrow to the audies...:shock:

Back