Not so relaxing camping :(

We set up their new tent in our background to check it out. Also, to spray waterproofing on it, and letting it dry.

This is what it looked like:

Very nice tent even though I wouldn't be caught dead sleeping in one of those tents.

Our grandson in 2007. A fishing trip for his birthday. His dad had to help hold it up for a picture.

We usually catch 70-90 lbs of catfish in a day when we charter a trip.

The lake has Flathead (shown), Blue, Channel cats, Largemouth, Smallmouth, Striper bass, Crappie, Perch.

Also can catch Gar (cannot eat), Alligators usually do not bother fishermen unless you are up in the marshes.

Did you say alligators? *thud* (sound of me fainting dead away)

Check your hotel beds for bedbugs BEFORE you unpack. Take the fitted sheets off and check along the ridges and the cracks of the mattresses where the bedbugs like to hide. If you find any, go down to the front desk and KVETCH. Demand a new room and demand that it be comped on the hotel. If you still find bedbugs, go to a different hotel. If you notice bites on your skin it means you have bedbugs and you will have to trash your clothes and any baggages and suitcases you brought with you and buy new outfits to wear home in. That way you do not bring bedbugs home because if you do you will have a staggering and frustrating problem in your house and on your hands. This happened to a friend of mine back in Wisconsin.

Happened to me 3 years ago. Bedbugs are NOT cute.

Now, the saying "goodnight, dont let the bedbite bite," makes my skin crawl when it never did before.

Happened to me 3 years ago. Bedbugs are NOT cute.

Now, the saying "goodnight, dont let the bedbite bite," makes my skin crawl when it never did before.

uh... :iough: *shudder* I'm sorry that happened to you.

Reba, what can I say. I love those camping stories and sorry you had a bad expierence. We went thru bad expierence couple of times and they are worthy memories for us. We have trailer now to sleep in because of my husband's bad back and use cane and walker once in awhile. I prefer to sleep outside without tent, that is me. Maybe next time use stronger tent and wet proof.

Reba, what can I say. I love those camping stories and sorry you had a bad expierence. We went thru bad expierence couple of times and they are worthy memories for us. We have trailer now to sleep in because of my husband's bad back and use cane and walker once in awhile. I prefer to sleep outside without tent, that is me. Maybe next time use stronger tent and wet proof.
Our tent collapsed but stayed dry. It was waterproofed.

It was our friend's tent that totally tore up and collapsed.

For the new tent we got them, we waterproofed it, and bought them extra heavy duty stakes to go with it, and a tarp to go under it. It should hold up much better IF we camp in another storm. :lol:

Did you say alligators? *thud* (sound of me fainting dead away)

About 3 or 4 years ago, at this campground opposite side of the point where we were, a retired sailor was snorkeling in the lily pads and a 12-14 foot gator grabbed him. It took his arm off. He stumbled ashore where a group of retired military nurses were having a picnic. They went to his rescue and saved his life. We saw him on the news a year later - his arm was missing all the way to his shoulder. He was very thankful about those nurses being there.

There was warning signs not to leave the swimming beach area. He thought he was smarter. Turned out he was dumber.

About 3 or 4 years ago, at this campground opposite side of the point where we were, a retired sailor was snorkeling in the lily pads and a 12-14 foot gator grabbed him. It took his arm off. He stumbled ashore where a group of retired military nurses were having a picnic. They went to his rescue and saved his life. We saw him on the news a year later - his arm was missing all the way to his shoulder. He was very thankful about those nurses being there.

There was warning signs not to leave the swimming beach area. He thought he was smarter. Turned out he was dumber.

The first time I was in SC I was surprised how many gators were that far north. They were everywhere. There is a course there called Shipyard that is covered with them.

This little fella was on a course called Oyster Bay if I remember correctly. My ball may or may not have bounced off his face. :lol:

:shock: I'll say!

The first time I was in SC I was surprised how many gators were that far north. They were everywhere. There is a course there called Shipyard that is covered with them.

This little fella was on a course called Oyster Bay if I remember correctly. My ball may or may not have bounced off his face. :lol:

I hope that you could run out of there fast in case he decided to come after you. :giggle:

Our tent collapsed but stayed dry. It was waterproofed.

It was our friend's tent that totally tore up and collapsed.

For the new tent we got them, we waterproofed it, and bought them extra heavy duty stakes to go with it, and a tarp to go under it. It should hold up much better IF we camp in another storm. :lol:
Bummer about the tent tore up and God bless you for give them a new stronger tent. Yeah tell me about the storms especially wind and snow. :) Hope next time nice weather.

I bet that affected your stance. :giggle:

Let's just say I didn't waste time with practice swings. :) The gators on the golf course are pretty used to people though I think. This one is the only one I ever saw get mad/irritated. Hitting my ball didn't bother it but the flash of the camera did. It raised up a little bit but luckily that is all.

I took that with a disposable camera. The reason the quality is so bad (streaky) is because I dropped it in a pond later. It was spooky fishing it out. :lol:

Back