New Jersey Bans Smiling in Driver's License Photos

The license with the lady's face all covered? Seriously? :laugh2: Ok I shouldn't laugh because it's her religious beliefs, but it looks funny to even bother to take the picture.

Go to Iran and you will see like that. :lol:
woman_driver_555_1.jpg

Go to Iran and you will see like that. :lol:
woman_driver_555_1.jpg

Muslim women were not allowed to drive out in the public in Western countries. I don't know about here in the North America. If they need to drive and had to take the pictures which they had no choice as they don't want to remove their head garments for the religion reason.

I wish the Western countries would change their religion laws to let women be free to be like every one else. They need freedom and go with the modern world. The Muslim laws were very strict and should lighten them up for the sake of freedom.

The Catholic religion was very strict many years ago, too. The Catholic laws were lighten up and we are satisfied but still not approved on what the Catholic Church in Rome are doing. The priest or the high priest molest boys while they are in the church. The Vatican still want to keep the priests in the Catholic church no matter what they did wrong. :(

So it need to be change to make our women free and safe in their society.

Muslim women were not allowed to drive out in the public in Western countries. I don't know about here in the North America. If they need to drive and had to take the pictures which they had no choice as they don't want to remove their head garments for the religion reason.

I wish the Western countries would change their religion laws to let women be free to be like every one else. They need freedom and go with the modern world. The Muslim laws were very strict and should lighten them up for the sake of freedom.

The Catholic religion was very strict many years ago, too. The Catholic laws were lighten up and we are satisfied but still not approved on what the Catholic Church in Rome are doing. The priest or the high priest molest boys while they are in the church. The Vatican still want to keep the priest in the Catholic church no matter what he did wrong. :(

In most Muslim countries, the women are volunteer to wear hijab or cover the head, whatever they want. Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Somalia require all women to wear hijab or cover the head as dress code law.

In most Muslim countries, the women are volunteer to wear hijab or cover the head, whatever they want. Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and Somalia require all women to wear hijab or cover the head as dress code law.
They're also not allowed to drive, so I guess a driver's license would be a moot point for them.

They're also not allowed to drive, so I guess a driver's license would be a moot point for them.

Depending on countries, not all Muslim countries don't allow women to drive.

The Catholic religion was very strict many years ago, too. The Catholic laws were lighten up and we are satisfied but still not approved on what the Catholic Church in Rome are doing. The priest or the high priest molest boys while they are in the church. The Vatican still want to keep the priests in the Catholic church no matter what they did wrong. :(

Through video and pictures, I noticed that many Muslim protests don't involve women. Obviously those women are not allowed to participate. I feel sorry for them. Muslim men are STILL controlling women since Koran or Quran instructs them to do so. SAD!

What do you expect from a state that doesn't even allow its residents to pump their own gas?

I actually like this. It is a nice break from the ritual of pumping, and the prices in NJ are at least $.20 a gallon lower than here.

If people can wear coverings on their heads for religious reasons, then why does anyone need to remove their headwear? It doesn't make sense. Apparently headwear doesn't interfere with the facial recognition software.

Agreed. Some people consider their sports teams a religion. Why should they be required to take off their baseball hat? Plus, a lot of those men that use baseball hats are hiding something else; a big shiny bald spot. :giggle:

Took my son to the DMV today to get him another photo ID (he lost the old one)...I asked the man who was computing all the docuiments, if it was OK if my son "smiled" for his pix?...He said, yeah, that's OK....Got to talking about the "no smiling" for DL's...he said..."pffffttt...such craziness!"....

Took my son to the DMV today to get him another photo ID (he lost the old one)...I asked the man who was computing all the docuiments, if it was OK if my son "smiled" for his pix?...He said, yeah, that's OK....Got to talking about the "no smiling" for DL's...he said..."pffffttt...such craziness!"....

You are lucky. But we were told that we are not to smile and to remove glasses. That is it. I just hope the man who was computing all the documents would not get fired from his job if they found out he let people smile instead of no smile rule. For the moment, your son is lucky. :cool2:

We've always been encouraged to smile at our DMV. I don't know about any recent changes. :dunno:

We've always been encouraged to smile at our DMV. I don't know about any recent changes. :dunno:
I am puzzled, too. I don't think that DMV has the right to tell us not to smile.

There are many mugshots with smiles. Obviously it's allowed.

I am puzzled, too. I don't think that DMV has the right to tell us not to smile.

There are many mugshots with smiles. Obviously it's allowed.

DMV has every right to do whatever they want. If they want you to smile, then smile. If they don't want you to smile, then don't smile.

So I guess it must be in Canada only. :(

Canada is very law not allow Smiles! Strictly reason! not allow Smile!

expression sad expression I did receive on got picture! I ask to man said no smiles!

Back