New Jersey Bans Smiling in Driver's License Photos

It doesn't matter because I don't smile on my driver license, but our county court told me to smile or they will puppet the Big AL.
hcsalabamaelephant_1.jpg

That's funny.

Haven't been to the DMV (DPS here) in 7 or 8 years. We can renew our license online or by mail, same with tags.

Haven't been to the DMV (DPS here) in 7 or 8 years. We can renew our license online or by mail, same with tags.
We do all our renewals online, too. The only trips we made to DMV in the last few years were to register my Jeep when I bought it, for TCS to take his motorcycle tests (written and performance), and to switch our plates to veterans plates (had to turn in the old ones to get the special plates).

We do all our renewals online, too. The only trips we made to DMV in the last few years were to register my Jeep when I bought it, for TCS to take his motorcycle tests (written and performance), and to switch our plates to veterans plates (had to turn in the old ones to get the special plates).

I had to go to the DMV in CA when I bought that car out there. It was pretty bad, but not as bad as I expected. But Texas basically we have to go every other license renewal. We can renew for different lengths of time. I renew for the Max which is 6 years. If you do that you only have to go once every 12 years. Lol.

SCDOT suspended it recently. I downloaded the necessary pdf forms, showed up at DMV, and got my mugshot renewed on the spot. I used to smile, this time it's the modern day "whatcha lookin' at m**********r!" smile! LOL

If you wear glasses and require them for driving, it's cited on the back of your license under restrictions. You don't need to be photographed with glasses/contacts unless you want to.

Laura

I discovered this in Illinois a few years ago. The gal taking my picture and I were trying to decide if we had a good one of me or not. I took my glasses off to see that better and we decided to take another shot. I forgot to put my glasses back on. It turned out to be a good one and she said it didn't matter that my glasses were off!

It might have changed recently.

Yes, I know about the code. There has always been one.

I'm referring to wearing glasses in the picture for quick reference when the officer is looking at your license. I don't wear glasses, but people tell me that they're asked to bring glasses to the DMV when getting their picture taken (even if they already wear contacts). They said it was for quick identification purposes. I guess that changed recently?

I have a NY licence and technically live in NY. I wore my glasses in for my last update. They're in my picture. They didn't say anything about them last time.

I think so calgary ban sign language driver shocked not allow chat

not safe ! I am puzzled it!!

I was new to all those no smile and also no eyeglasses to be photoed on the driver's license. It was also the same for health card plus any other identity card that is connected to the government. I was puzzled about that in the past when I first went to DMV to get a driver's license. I still wore my hearing aid and they did not tell me to take it off. Just only my eyeglasses. I was used to smile on the photo. Now they told me no smile rule for this purpose connecting to the government. It was a little bit hard for me not to smile as I like to smile. Can not help that. **big smile** :D

So when I get my license I can just keep using the same photo for years and years when I have to renew the license? They don't care that your face changes as you get older??

So when I get my license I can just keep using the same photo for years and years when I have to renew the license? They don't care that your face changes as you get older??

Yep, they use the same photo. You can go in when you renew if you want a new photo but if not they mail you a new license with the old photo. You can stay young for 12 extra years! lol

Yep, they use the same photo. You can go in when you renew if you want a new photo but if not they mail you a new license with the old photo. You can stay young for 12 extra years! lol
.... well....Yahoo!...feel sure the "golden oldie ladies" will like this!

Some states have different rules for renewing your drivers license. Here in Texas, we have to go to the DPS once every other renewal. I guess part of the reason behind that is that our face appearances will be drastically different every 12 years compared to 6 years. I renewed my license online for my last update. In a few years when it's time for me to renew my license again, I will have to go in person.

This rule is probably the same in some other states.

Wirelessly posted

rockin'robin said:

Lol too funny

This State Says: No Smiling Please on Your Driver's License
nj-mcv_license_612.jpg

In any case, DMVs have begun using such facial recognition software to catch driver's license applicants trying to assume someone's identity to create a fake ID: If a new photo matches an old one that carries a different name, a red flag goes up, and investigators step in.

The idea is that over time DMVs will create a database of faces, just like the existing fingerprint database. The idea is for law enforcement to use that database to pick out perpetrators from security camera footage after a crime has been committed.

Everyone knows New Jersey and New York are competitive with one another over sports, bridge and tunnel revenue, the size of summer tomatoes, etc. So, New York officials have been making it known that New York drivers can smile all they like at their DMV offices.

Old news like No Veil allowed.
image556106x.jpg

NJ+Drivers+License.jpg

Um, no.

It's like the reverse of Dorian Gray. The license picture stays youthful, while the driver's face gets older. No thanks.

Besides, I've already had the embarrassing experience of being told by a clerk suspiciously looking at my ID that, "This doesn't look like you." :Oops:

Um, no.

It's like the reverse of Dorian Gray. The license picture stays youthful, while the driver's face gets older. No thanks.

Besides, I've already had the embarrassing experience of being told by a clerk suspiciously looking at my ID that, "This doesn't look like you." :Oops:

I was just kidding around there...but in the same token, some people look very different with glasses on...

The license with the lady's face all covered? Seriously? :laugh2: Ok I shouldn't laugh because it's her religious beliefs, but it looks funny to even bother to take the picture.

Back