Immunizations good or bad?

Codger said:
When my daughter was born, I began to look into all the shots required to make her a healthy human being. Why all these shots? What I found astounded me. I began, before she was in kindergarten, to ask for the drug information sheets from the doctor or health department. Then I looked them up on the internet, and wrote letters to advocacy groups, and contacted well known medical professionals. I researched state immunization laws. I educated myself on the subject. I made what I feel is an informed rational decision based on my regard for the health of my daughter. Since then I have delt with the schools, health departments, and state officials in Arkansas, Florida, and Tennessee. Usually I have the ammo on hand that I need. Occasionally, I have had to resort to contacting a knowledgable pastor in another state who helps. I consider most vaccinations to be unneccesary, and a health risk in and of themselves. My choice. My decision. My daughter has never contracted one of these diseases in 13 years. She did have the first three sets of infant shots. And the polio vaccination. The worst that has happened is that every year I get a letter from her school demanding that I bring in health department records proving her vaccinations are up to date, including Hep B. I send them my exemption statement every year citing the law requiring and the clauses exempting. They respond by telling me that if there is a Hep B outbreak at her school, or any other major epidemic, I will have to keep her home. :doh: :giggle:

Here is an interview with a father whose child died as a result of being immunized, and the information he found out. I will find you more if you want from M.D.s and R.N.s. I will try to refrain from pasting them here though.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=19666

:roll: Whatever. I'm not debating the issue any longer.

Codger said:
Oceonbreeze, (I love that name, I used to live in Gulf Breeze) here is the Florida exemption law from the same site:

Fla. Stat. § 1002.20 (2002)

§ 1002.20. K-12 student and parent rights
K-12 students and their parents are afforded numerous statutory rights including, but not limited to, the following:
(3) HEALTH ISSUES.

(a) School-entry health examinations. --The parent of any child attending a public or private school shall be exempt from the requirement of a health examination upon written request stating objections on religious grounds in accordance with the provisions of s. 1003.22(1) and (2).

(b) Immunizations. --The parent of any child attending a public or private school shall be exempt from the school immunization requirements upon meeting any of the exemptions in accordance with the provisions of s. 1003.22(5).

5) The provisions of this section shall not apply if:

(a) The parent of the child objects in writing that the administration of immunizing agents conflicts with his or her religious tenets or practices;

(b) A physician licensed under the provisions of chapter 458 or chapter 459 certifies in writing, on a form approved and provided by the Department of Health, that the child should be permanently exempt from the required immunization for medical reasons stated in writing, based upon valid clinical reasoning or evidence, demonstrating the need for the permanent exemption;

(c) A physician licensed under the provisions of chapter 458, chapter 459, or chapter 460 certifies in writing, on a form approved and provided by the Department of Health, that the child has received as many immunizations as are medically indicated at the time and is in the process of completing necessary immunizations;

(d) The Department of Health determines that, according to recognized standards of medical practice, any required immunization is unnecessary or hazardous; or

:whistle: Whatever. I'm not debating this any further.

Codger said:
Oceanbreeze, this is where the concept of personal responsibility comes in. Making an informed decision based on what you KNOW to be true. Know the law. Know the vaccines and the risks, then make your personal decision. I think you will notice that I have not told any of you NOT to have yourselves vaccinated, or NOT to have your own kids vaccinated. I have only offered you the resources to make an informed decision. Nothing more. No one is a "bad" person regardless of which side of this issue you land on. The only bad thing is taking the easy path because everyone tells you it is the right path, and doing what the government SAYS is best for you without checking the facts yourself.

It doesn't apply to me, though, really. I don't have children and I'm not going to have children. I already stated my viewpoints on vaccines for myself. I don't need to discuss this further.

Basic facts would be good, but source links should be included. Don't blow our minds by overloading us. It took me years of study to understand this issue, as it is VERY complicated.

A USN MD was the one who opend my mind to the issue with vaccines. And he is the one who directed me to many resources, and provided the basic vaccine info sheets from the manufacturers. Florida, btw, was my first battle. I actually had to instruct the health department there on the language of law. The meaning in law of SHALL BE!!

Oceanbreeze said:
It doesn't apply to me, though, really. I don't have children and I'm not going to have children. I already stated my viewpoints on vaccines for myself. I don't need to discuss this further.

Well, that is your perogitive. Thank you for your input though. As I said, I respect your decision, as well as your right to make that decision.

I took the flu shot once. I was sick as a dog. It was the only time in my half century of life that I had the flu. We didn't have mumps, chickenpox and measles vaccine when I was a kid, so whenever a cousin came down with one, there we went! Homestyle immunization!

I never had immunization done when I was young, I had chicken pox, high fever, became deaf at the age of 5. My other sister had mumps, we wouldn't have any of this if we had our immunization. :)

Cheri said:
I never had immunization done when I was young, I had chicken pox, high fever, became deaf at the age of 5. My other sister had mumps, we wouldn't have any of this if we had our immunization. :)
Cheri, Im curious if Angel had that like you and became deaf at age of 5 too? What are the odds of seeing twins going deaf at age 5 due to illnesses?

Cheri said:

True, it´s important to have immunization, that´s why the doctors made sure my children has all shots thru the pass.

Meg said:
Cheri, Im curious if Angel had that like you and became deaf at age of 5 too? What are the odds of seeing twins going deaf at age 5 due to illnesses?

Yeah, I wondering the same as you, too.

Meg said:

Yes, Angel had the same problem, The odds are that we both share the same illnesses and it is might be why we became deaf at the age of 5 together.

Cheri said:
Yes, Angel had the same problem, The odds are that we both share the same illnesses and it is might be why we became deaf at the age of 5 together.
That is a very interesting fact. I wonder if there is research out there who studied twins like you guys cos I find it amazing that BOTH of you became deaf due to mumps. Maybe you both were born with a certain gene that contributes to this?

Meg said:
That is a very interesting fact. I wonder if there is research out there who studied twins like you guys cos I find it amazing that BOTH of you became deaf due to mumps. Maybe you both were born with a certain gene that contributes to this?

I don't know if it is from mumps I cannot say for sure, but we both experiences ear infections a lot when we were younger also. I agree they should do a research on twins out there too. :)

Bad,,,When the state orders you do it. Like my idea. If the state says your kid has to be Immunized or your kid cant go to school. Then its only fair to make old people order them to get flu shots or they dont get your social security check.

Cheri said:
I don't know if it is from mumps I cannot say for sure, but we both experiences ear infections a lot when we were younger also. I agree they should do a research on twins out there too. :)

Very interesting. But you don't know if the vaccinations would have made a difference? Do you know if your parents just forgot them, or decided against them, or maybe they weren't available then?

Magatsu said:
That is not true. Nearly 90% of Swedish children didn't take the vaccinations included flu shots and they rarely got sick from flu and such. That is clearly myth but it is largely depends on what diet they are on. If Americans consume the poor diet or not healthy diet then getting sick is inevitable for them.

I'm competely lost here, which part is not true, and beside I'm talking about my children, and they do not show any side effect with vaccinations but they do with flu shots, every person is different some will show side effects and some won't...

Codger said:
Very interesting. But you don't know if the vaccinations would have made a difference? Do you know if your parents just forgot them, or decided against them, or maybe they weren't available then?

No, They had no health insurance for us, My dad was the only one working full time while my mom was a stay home taker. We did not have a doctor either when we were younger also.

Codger,

From my understanding is that you as a parent feel that your own children should not get all the vaccine shots which is fine with me, but for myself as a parents see nothing wrong with having a vaccine shots on either of my children since they do not show any side effects but flu shots they did and they no longer received them...I personally don't see a point to keep debate on this issue when every parents out there do it differently when it comes to their best judgement as rasing their children and it doesn't mean they're wrong for doing so....

I have nothing more to say on this topic, I no longer want to debate with this either because I have no problem with given my children vaccine shots!

Codger said:

No, my parents did not forget or was against on given us our vaccinations, but we did not have chicken pox or mumps shots and I don't believe a second that it has changed us by becoming Deaf, we became Deaf due from illness as high fever, that's all was being said....

Cheri said:
No, They had no health insurance for us, My dad was the only one working full time while my mom was a stay home taker. We did not have a doctor either when we were younger also.

I see. So really it was a mater of economics. Thank you for clarifying that. There are a multitude of reasons pro and con, and I am interested in hearing the member's opinions and experiences more than I am my own. Thanks for sharing that.

^Angel^ said:
I'm competely lost here, which part is not true, and beside I'm talking about my children, and they do not show any side effect with vaccinations but they do with flu shots, every person is different some will show side effects and some won't...
Never mind. I clearly didn't read your comments properly. Sorry about it.

Back