Immigration Protest vs Tea Party Protest...the violent ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokonut

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HvqRWqClSc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Self-explanatory on which protest is the peaceful one. Compare and contrast.

The protesters at the rally protesting enforcement of current immigration laws were throwing stuff at the police.

They should leave the country if they don't like our laws. It is a right to "peacefully" assemble. The police should have shot into the crowd when they started throwing stuff at them - it could have been grenades.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/small-riot-breaks-out-at-immigration-protest.html

Pretty disgusting show of behavior. It's rather interesting to note the silence here on such violence.

Wirelessly posted

Steinhauer said:
The protesters at the rally protesting enforcement of current immigration laws were throwing stuff at the police.

They should leave the country if they don't like our laws. It is a right to "peacefully" assemble. The police should have shot into the crowd when they started throwing stuff at them - it could have been grenades.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/small-riot-breaks-out-at-immigration-protest.html

So people could have more violent riots like in France and Germany where the police got more tools at their disposal than we do?

For every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction.

Do you WANT our riots to be just as dangerous as our European counterparts because they feel threatened by pepper bombs and submachine guns, and feel the need to defend themselves from authorities by blazing the city on fire?

Last edited:

That's seems over reactive.

There's a difference between controlling a crowd and crushing it. I'm not saying let the crowd go wild but the police need to be careful not to go crazy, too. The police are professionals and should behave thus.

(Aside comment: I believe many rioters, especially from Europe, are also full-time professionals but that's another topic.)

I think the better way to do is more public exposure of the rioters and their ways.

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:

That's seems over reactive.

There's a difference between controlling a crowd and crushing it. I'm not saying let the crowd go wild but the police need to be careful not to go crazy, too. The police are professionals and should behave thus.

(Aside comment: I believe many rioters, especially from Europe, are also full-time professionals but that's another topic.)

I think the better way to do is more public exposure of the rioters and their ways.

Right.

They got the rights to defend themselves, but they don't have the rights to esaculate conflicts.

Small Riot Breaks Out at Immigration Protest

I bet you think the police at Kent State did nothing wrong, either.:roll:

Pretty disgusting show of behavior. It's rather interesting to note the silence here on such violence.

Why is it a disgusting show of behavior when you are in disagreement, but justified behavior when you are in agreement?

I guess you missed the numerous news clips of violent behavior from some of the Tea Party protests.:roll:
I missed them, too. Can you please show us some examples?

Aren't you even aware of all the arrests made on right wing extremists that threaten to kill the president and congressmen?!?!

Aren't you even aware of all the arrests made on right wing extremists that threaten to kill the president and congressmen?!?!
Individual arrests, yes. Tea Party violence, no.

Did the Tea Party protesters attack the police? Pelted them? Harassed them? Did they run amuck in the crowd in a frenzy state? Go around menacing those filming them? Etc..?

There is violence/verbal in EVERY protests, even organizations, including Tea Party so none of protests are totally peaceful, period.

Tea Party protest and Immigration protest are just like apple to orange because immigration protest is focusing on immigrant issues since Tea Party is focusing on tax/government spending, along with some conservative issues.

Whichever is more violence, neither of them are.

There is violence/verbal in EVERY protests, even organizations, including Tea Party so none of protests are totally peaceful, period.

Tea Party protest and Immigration protest are just like apple to orange because immigration protest is focusing on immigrant issues since Tea Party is focusing on tax/government spending, along with some conservative issues.

Whichever is more violence, neither of them are.

Watch the video again.

Watch the video again.

No, it is just media so bad compare, IMO.

I do understand about Latino people are very angry because they don't want government to interfere with their civil rights and highest number of illegal immigrants are Latino as well so that make government to judge on race color. They want immigrant reform to be common sense and fair, just like what Jiro said in other post and we know that illegal immigrants are wrong so our government needs to be careful about whichever new bills do affect Latino people that based on race color, especially racial profiling.

It is just compare to black people in 1960's while they are protesting on civil rights issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back