I need help on choice of Intel and AMD

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting new PC soon and will be Windows Vista Home Premium, also I used want to own Mac but I changed my mind that want prefer to use Windows because of PC games, sharing with Media Center on Xbox 360, inexpensive, more powerful for cheap and easier to fix it since I'm using Windows for almost 10 years. I need help to make better choice on AMD and Intel, also I think about AMD.

For me, I want PC games to be running so smooth without any lag problem, also want other programming like Google Earth to be running so smooth too without any lag problem.

I advise you Core2 Duo processors by Intel :D and 2 GB of DDR2 RAM .
Game experience is highly dependent on what graphic card you have .

I advise you Core2 Duo processors by Intel :D and 2 GB of DDR2 RAM .
Game experience is highly dependent on what graphic card you have .

I don't trust on Intel anymore.

I use intel with overclocked. So far had no problem with it. I have other laytop with AMD. Look not as bad as Intel but I have not test my games with AMD yet.

Mac runs on Intel duo core, nuff said! Apple chose Intel because they have great research and development and they can keep up with processor production and supply, too.

Mac runs on Intel duo core, nuff said! Apple chose Intel because they have great research and development and they can keep up with processor production and supply, too.

Yeah though there's some buzz that Mac Pro will be upgraded to Quad Core soon meaning 8 processors. Oh my.

Then it's the wrong time to buy a computer. AMD isn't doing good in terms of product competition. And think again - your thread title said otherwise. :roll:

How about AMD isn't good? Diehardbikers would be here to disagree with you or so, also wait for him to respond my post soon.

For me, I want my PC games (Sims 2 is only my favorite game) to running so smooth but I had hard time find Intel based PC with GeForce or ATI support but I rather to do on GeForce but most Intel based PC are included with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 since AMD is included with ATI or GeForce. I haven't using Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 before, even never tried ATI or GeForce. My old PC is Extreme Graphic, that what I got in 2003 but Sims 2 isn't running so good on Extreme GRaphic but not know about GMA 950.

Is it good or rip off?
Gateway - 915 Desktop - GT5404

I never said AMD isn't good. They are. They aren't good against the current competition, that's all. Diehardwhatever will probably say the same thing. Intel rapes the competition now.

And why are you thinking of getting an Intel video card? Get an nVidia video card (they also rape ATI's now).

I never said AMD isn't good. They are. They aren't good against the current competition, that's all. Diehardwhatever will probably say the same thing. Intel rapes the competition now.

And why are you thinking of getting an Intel video card? Get an nVidia video card (they also rape ATI's now).

Excuse me, I don't know about computer issue until 2005 since I got PC (HP Pavilion) in 2003, also gift from my parent and it was $1,300 with Platinum 4 and Extreme Graphic (RAM is 512MB). I had tried to running on Sims and all bad lags are occured and that freak me out and make no choice. I had talked to some of my friend and asked me to trying on new PC that's under AMD, that will be my first time. I had been using Intel since 1998 and never using AMD for my life, then my final choice is AMD. I will going to make judge on myself about between on Intel and AMD, that other chance for me.

You haven't checked any thread about what diehardbikers said about AMD since AMD is less bugs and better to running on PC, that which is heavy programming like Google Earth. He's biggest favorite with AMD and doesn't care about Intel, also Intel is known as head start for Core 2 Duo.

I had experienced with 3 computers that based on Intel and all of 3 computers are on slowdown and lagging after several month old then that remain me about Intel isn't running so good, 3 of computers are out of lucky... Now, I'm took too serious about want new PC with no slowdown and lag free, that what's good on diehardbiker's laptop, his laptop is based on AMD and brand is ACCR then he said its running so well for many time.
http://www.alldeaf.com/computer-isp-programming/31587-best-processors-year.html#post592126

Excuse me, I don't know about computer issue until 2005 since I got PC (HP Pavilion) in 2003, also gift from my parent and it was $1,300 with Platinum 4 and Extreme Graphic (RAM is 512MB). I had tried to running on Sims and all bad lags are occured and that freak me out and make no choice. I had talked to some of my friend and asked me to trying on new PC that's under AMD, that will be my first time. I had been using Intel since 1998 and never using AMD for my life, then my final choice is AMD. I will going to make judge on myself about between on Intel and AMD, that other chance for me.

I had experienced with 3 computers that based on Intel and all of 3 computers are on slowdown and lagging after several month old then that remain me about Intel isn't running so good, 3 of computers are out of lucky... Now, I'm took too serious about want new PC with no slowdown and lag free, that what's good on diehardbiker's laptop, his laptop is based on AMD and brand is ACCR then he said its running so well for many time.
http://www.alldeaf.com/computer-isp-programming/31587-best-processors-year.html#post592126

Intel processors doesn't deteriorate over time. It may seem like it but it isn't the case. I think you're begging to get computer classes just so you don't kill your PC's. No offense of course. ;)

There are benchmarks as well that shows Intel killing AMD:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz VS AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Windsor
(tomshardware.com)

3d Studio Max 8 - Dragon_Character_Rig 1:38 > 1:40 Intel
3Dmark06 - CPU - Version 1.0.2: 2167 > 2136 AMD
3Dmark06 - graphics - Version 1.0.2: 6161 > 6107 Intel
AVG Anti Virus 7.1 - Filescan (3.85 GB, 14007 Files, 1177 Folder): 56 min > 59 min Intel
Call of duty - timedemo demo2: 180fps > 153 FPS intel
Clone DVD 2.8 - Transcoding DVD 9 to DVD 5 GB (Terminator 2 SE) 8:18 > 8:29 AMD
Divx 6.2.2 - first 5 Minutes DVD Terminator 2 SE: 5:52 > 6:45 Intel
F.E.A.R. - (v1.04), Benchmark2: 67 > 62 Intel
F.E.A.R. - (v1.04), Benchmark1: 129 > 126 Intel

If you arrogantly want an AMD, then be my guess. There's going to be a price drop on AMD on April 9th. Check it out:
(Au-Ja! - Aktuelle News)

Modell bisher ab 9.4.
Dual AMD Athlon 64 FX, Sockel 1207
Athlon 64 FX-74 510 410
Athlon 64 FX-72 408 307
Athlon 64 FX-70 306 k.A.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor (125 Watt)
Athlon 64 FX-62 713 k.A.
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 465 235
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor (89 oder 65 Watt)
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 326 184
Athlon 64 X2 5400+ 267 k.A.
Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 232 174
Athlon 64 X2 5000+ EE 222 163
Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 222 163
Athlon 64 X2 4800+ EE 217 1[B]33[/B]
Athlon 64 X2 4600+ EE 195 119
Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 195 119
Athlon 64 X2 4400+ EE 170 118
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ EE 159 103
Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 159 103
Athlon 64 X2 4000+ EE 144 102
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ EE 113 81
Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 113 81
Athlon 64 X2 3600+ EE 102 71
AMD Athlon 64 Processor (62 oder 45 Watt)
Athlon 64 4000+ - 92
Athlon 64 3800+ 93 77
Athlon 64 3500+ 88 67
Athlon 64 3200+ 78 k.A.
AMD Sempron Processor (62 Watt)
Sempron 3800+ 108 67
Sempron 3600+ 101 52
Sempron 3500+ 91 k.A.
Sempron 3400+ 71 41
Sempron 3200+ 51 36
Sempron 3000+ 41 k.A.

You haven't checked any thread about what diehardbikers said about AMD since AMD is less bugs and better to running on PC, that which is heavy programming like Google Earth. He's biggest favorite with AMD and doesn't care about Intel, also Intel is known as head start for Core 2 Duo.

Honestly, this is bias. And Intel having more bugs? What? LOL. What kind of lies are you eating up? ;) It all depends on the chipset, really, not the processor itself. Please, don't just use other uninformed people's amateurish opinions to support your stupid AMD > INTEL agenda.

Hey.. I am an AMD die hard for many years.. Of course, Intel is now lead! I applaud for them! :)

I may get Quad Core soon. :D

Me too, maybe Intel may be the lead at this time and it would be likely temporarily. For years, AMD have been ahead of Intel. Whats more, Intel have been laying off people. Whats up with that?

One of you said CPU don't deteriorate over time, which is very true, but when it comes to software, they DO deteriorate over time after several add-ons and may cause other problems and slows down.

Hey.. I am an AMD die hard for many years.. Of course, Intel is now lead! I applaud for them! :)

I may get Quad Core soon. :D

Exactly. It is the software, not hardware. For some reason, this loser thinks it's the hardware when he doesn't realize it's his own fault. I can't tolerate such a slanderous comment.

My point is compatiblity issue. From my experience I do get more crashes on Intel based PC than AMD, It is all because software compatiblity. That is why I stay away from Intel based PC. Intel was once great until Pentium 3 came in. Intel pentium II was great, but afterward there have been issues with software compatiblity with Intel

Exactly. It is the software, not hardware. For some reason, this loser thinks it's the hardware when he doesn't realize it's his own fault. I can't tolerate such a slanderous comment.

Me too, maybe Intel may be the lead at this time and it would be likely temporarily.

Don't be so sure about that. Intel has a working 80-core processor in the lab. It'll be years before they officially unveil a consumer model of the 80-core processor. It means they have a lot of more consumer models all lined up for us to buy in the future.

My point is compatiblity issue. From my experience I do get more crashes on Intel based PC than AMD, It is all because software compatiblity. That is why I stay away from Intel based PC. Intel was once great until Pentium 3 came in. Intel pentium II was great, but afterward there have been issues with software compatiblity with Intel

You're a bit behind. Pentium III was the story eight years ago.

Does it matter? :roll:

The point is: which brand name should he go with today?

Back