HELP... Once Deaf... Now hearing!

sequoias said:
Sounds like Ravensteve (Buckdodgers) I can't be for sure, though.

It's Steve-O alright.

sequoias said:
Sounds like Ravensteve (Buckdodgers) I can't be for sure, though.

it is. me and levonian had been saying his name steve, and he has not react to it.. so it proves that he is steve..
i second that.. . steve u need therapy...

OK, so it’s not perfect—so what? We’ve been through this a million times, Steve. As Robert Heinlein once put it, “it doesn’t matter if it’s rigged—if it’s the only game in town, play it”. The other day Mrs. Chimp and I went to Carl’s Jr. for dinner. The guy who was working the drive-thru had a British accent. Mayflower not only picked up on the fact that he had a British accent; she was able to imitate it. Not bad for somebody who without their CI can’t even hear an alarm clock or a lawnmower.

Steve will never come to grips with his deafness. He’s been complaining about it nonstop ever since he’s been a member here. He basically has an entitlement complex the size of the Grand Canyon, and one of the things he feels that he has a God-given right to is normal bilateral hearing. He just doesn’t get it that he’s on the WRONG message board.

need i say more... its steve... ravensteve... the man who needs therapy!

Levonian said:
No, he’s just inventing rationalizations. Getting a CI will be an affirmation of the permanency of his deafness, which he can’t accept. He’s still holding out for the fantasy cure which probably will never come.

Its not Fantasy! Its the real facts that stem cells do cure most things.Like a lady who couldnt walk for 30 years and they put the stem cell in her spinal cord and she began to walk.So dont tell me its fantasy.

Buckdodgers said:
Its not Fantasy! Its the real facts that stem cells do cure most things.Like a lady who couldnt walk for 30 years and they put the stem cell in her spinal cord and she began to walk.So dont tell me its fantasy.

::sighs::

There is NO reasoning with this guy.

:ugh2:

Its my choice.I dont wanna hear sounds that arent right.Thats like looking at lucia face like this
final-fantasy-vii-advent-children-20051006063108340-000.jpg

Though Geordie LaForge Goggles
burton.jpg

Buckdodgers said:
Its my choice.I dont wanna hear sounds that arent right.Thats like looking at lucia face like this
Though Geordie LaForge Goggles

right its your choice, i am not encouraging you to get a ci, i am just stating the facts from what i hear that all.

And you heard nothing like a crow calling though a CI like you heard it before though your normal hearing.

neecy said:

The sounds I hear with my CI are *very* natural sounding. In fact they're as normal as I remember from before I went deaf (I was hearing up to age 9.) The technology has come a LONG way since the first implants in the 80's.

I'll ditto neecy on that. Once your brain gets a handle on adjusting to the CI's input, you hear pretty naturally. The main difference between my former HA and CI is that the CI brings a whole lot more than the HA!!

Buckdodgers - Just accept that you can't hear the way you would like or do something about it. If you decide to say get a CI, accept the fact perfect hearing isn't available yet but something quite good is a whole lot better than nothing...think about that. It is no big deal...just make up your mind or wait patiently for other possibilities but carrying on as you do isn't going to help you one iota.

Ill wait until George W Bush gets impeached by the democrats and Dick Cheney will sign the Stem Cell Bill cause his life depends on it.

Buckdodgers said:

OK, you’re right—I shouldn’t have used the word ‘fantasy’. It’s not a fantasy—someday it will be reality. But not for us. We’ll probably both be at least in our seventies before this technology becomes commercially available. Our children will have it, sure—but not us.

Oh yeah—and for once I agree with you, Steve. GW doesn't have the brains to run a laundromat. We need to get that clown out of office ASAP.

Back