HELP... Once Deaf... Now hearing!

Wow that's interesting...

Since my hearing impairement, I'd like to have my full hearing back up to 100% and be able to use a cell phone, but I'm comfortable with TTY/Blackberry...

I'd like to restore my left eye back to normal (right now I'm blind on my left eye and my optic nerve didn't develop) and be able to see wider and better.

SlntDarknss said:
I have come here for advise... I grew up HH and when I hit 9th grade I was sev. hh/deaf... I grew up oral but when my hearing got worse my parents finally allowed me to learn sign language. I am now a senior in Hs and about 3 months ago my hearing started to come back... now I am only mildly hh and I am going through identity crisis... lol... and I feel that I am losing all my sign. I love ASL and I hate talking and hearing... but now that I am considered hearing agian... I am lost... I feel like I have lost all sense of culture... HELP please!

~~amber

That's a miracle! Please do not lose interest being hearing....be glad once you be hearing, get involved in hearing world! You can always be involved in deaf world..but if I were you, I would be soooo happy to say bye bye for being deaf! :D

Well, no one is perfect. I sometimes wish I can get more vision and get hearing but sometimes I don't want to hear (keep vision).

Sometimes people are lucky.

racheleggert said:
Well, no one is perfect. I sometimes wish I can get more vision and get hearing but sometimes I don't want to hear (keep vision).

Sometimes people are lucky.
I told my aunt this,,I rather be blind than deaf.Cause theres nothing like the gift listening to music.

So? i wouldnt be able to drive.So i wouldnt have to pay those greedy CEOs at Exxon & Mobil.

What—and leave those poor Florida State Troopers with nothing to do? :( You know they exist just to torment you.

Oh Lev,,,Never Mind,,,, You cant hear these guys anyway
comets1957.jpg

Buckdodgers said:
You cant hear these guys anyway

Yes I can. I have single-sided deafness, remember? I’m completely deaf on one side of my head with zero residual hearing, and I have normal hearing on the other.

Get a CI, then. My wife does great with hers. She can hear music, and she can even sing along now!

Buckdodgers said:
My Doctor told me the facts.Its not hearing i heard before.

Well, no, but right now you hear NOTHING, right? Well, I'd think that with the CI, while you won't have "normal hearing" but you would have some hearing. You would be able to hear music, hear a dog bark, and a lot of other things. Right now you are missing out on all that. So why does it have to be either ALL or NONE?

Am I right, CIers? Correct me if I am wrong.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Well, no, but right now you hear NOTHING, right? Well, I'd think that with the CI, while you won't have "normal hearing" but you would have some hearing. You would be able to hear music, hear a dog bark, and a lot of other things. Right now you are missing out on all that. So why does it have to be either ALL or NONE?

Am I right, CIers? Correct me if I am wrong.

You Hear a dog bark WRONG!! You hear the Persons Voice FUNNY N GOOFY YOU HEAR THE CATS MEOW IN A STRANGE WAY. I Suggest you watch Star Trek The Next Generation.Geordie LaForge is Totaly Blind.He cannot see.But the Goggles he wore helps him to see but He cant see like we can.He see people and objects in Animation.Thats what a CI is..If cant hear like i heard before.Then i dont wanna hear things that are differant and they arent right.

i am not complaining about getting my hearing
i am happy with way i am
if i got my hearing i don't care but can lose it again
my dad is losing his hearing he is laten HOH and my grandma lost one of her hearing in one ear

Buckdodgers said:
You Hear a dog bark WRONG!! You hear the Persons Voice FUNNY N GOOFY YOU HEAR THE CATS MEOW IN A STRANGE WAY.

OK, so it’s not perfect—so what? We’ve been through this a million times, Steve. As Robert Heinlein once put it, “it doesn’t matter if it’s rigged—if it’s the only game in town, play it”. The other day Mrs. Chimp and I went to Carl’s Jr. for dinner. The guy who was working the drive-thru had a British accent. Mayflower not only picked up on the fact that he had a British accent; she was able to imitate it. Not bad for somebody who without their CI can’t even hear an alarm clock or a lawnmower.

Buckdodgers said:
You Hear a dog bark WRONG!! You hear the Persons Voice FUNNY N GOOFY YOU HEAR THE CATS MEOW IN A STRANGE WAY. I Suggest you watch Star Trek The Next Generation.Geordie LaForge is Totaly Blind.He cannot see.But the Goggles he wore helps him to see but He cant see like we can.He see people and objects in Animation.Thats what a CI is..If cant hear like i heard before.Then i dont wanna hear things that are differant and they arent right.

actually that is not true.. alot of the sounds i hear is fine and not distorted.

I Saw a Video on a Boy Wearing as CI and when a Crow called he guessed he said a Hawk? His dad said No a crow..Thats why i dont want it.Thats why im so angry on President Bush veto the stem cell bill.Now the Democrats are taking back the house and the senate in november and I gurantee you Jeb Bush will be voted out of florida governor too.And A new Democrat will become governor of Florida.You got 70% of america pissed off at the republican party.

SlntDarknss said:
I have come here for advise...

Does anybody remember Amber? :squint: She came here looking for advice. Does anybody have any to offer her?

As for the people who dismissed Amber’s claims that she regained her hearing, get an education. :roll: Cortical sensory pathologies are a dime a dozen. My dog has them all the time. After he’s had a bad seizure, he’s blind for up to an hour or two afterwards. The next day he’s fine, with his vision perfectly restored. When the portion of an animal’s brain that interprets sensory input is malfunctioning, that animal is deprived of that sense. When the underlying pathology is rectified, the sense returns. It's that simple.

Back