DC Police attack man in wheelchair

I know better to not drink in public and refuse to leave after being asked by officers. This wouldn't happen to me. My rights won't be fringed upon.

Since you go to Avery's often... you know this is to be expected if the drunk is being stupid with cops.

It's not about that the person is doing. Police brutality is everywhere, and the police are working on keeping tabs of EVERYONE, at all the times.

The police are slowly gaining too much power, while building the approval in public eyes.

I personally think things like this should have penalties for the officers - no shoot/kill 2 day suspension.

This kind of thing allows the other worse things to happen.

Both cops fell down. my god! They must have not expected to doing it because this person couldn't stand as he pulled them both down. :roll:

It's not about that the person is doing. Police brutality is everywhere, and the police are working on keeping tabs of EVERYONE, at all the times.

The police are slowly gaining too much power, while building the approval in public eyes.

I personally think things like this should have penalties for the officers - no shoot/kill 2 day suspension.

This kind of thing allows the other worse things to happen.

perhaps you should try not breaking the law :)

All I see is ya'all standing among crowd, finger-pointing at them for police brutality. So far... nobody's got any suggestion for cops on how to handle it better?

Yea I thought so. Your non-action tells me that there was no wrongdoing on cops' part even though it looks shitty.

All I see is ya'all standing among crowd, finger-pointing at them for police brutality. So far... nobody's got any suggestion for cops on how to handle it better?

Yea I thought so. Your non-action tells me that there was no wrongdoing on cops' part even though it looks shitty.

Chill out. :rockon:

You're not thinking clearly.

It IS police brutality and if the spectators at that incident tried to interfere, they'd be charged with obstruction of justice.

And we don't have to make any "suggestion" on how to have them handle the situation. They should have known better. Whatever happened to common decency? There are bad cops and good cops out there and those cops shown in the video are just the bad ones. They were aware of his disability and yet were brutal to him. They deserve some kind of a suspension or penalty.

We don't know all the facts of the case. None of us were there.

If you disobey a lawful order from the police, you cannot expect to get away with that without consequences.

Drinking in public and not obeying the police when he was asked to leave? He brought on what happened to him more than anything else.

I think cops did not think twice when they pulled him up but he wasn't able to stand as he pulled them down the more weights he hit his head on the ground. ouchie. I bet cops got embarrassed that youtube is all over it. Cops' boss probably talked to them about it. Apparently they didn't realize about this guy who cant stand. I can see they pulled him up in a properly way but they all fell down. I do not see if cops were rough on them. Of course some cops are bad some cops are good. but according to this youtube video, i do not see how cops were rough on him. :dunno:

You're not thinking clearly.

It IS police brutality and if the spectators at that incident tried to interfere, they'd be charged with obstruction of justice.
Who said anything about interfering with police? That's not how it works. I'm asking for YOUR suggestion in this thread. What could they have done any better? Let him go because he wasn't "hurting" anybody?

And we don't have to make any "suggestion" on how to have them handle the situation.
Wow.... seriously? Is that the kind of attitude you're going to have for anything you don't like what you see? Do nothing?

They should have known better. Whatever happened to common decency? There are bad cops and good cops out there and those cops shown in the video are just the bad ones. They were aware of his disability and yet were brutal to him. They deserve some kind of a suspension or penalty.

Police Officers will always encounter unique situations which are not found in their training or manual book so they did the best they can. Because of that, police departments are always constantly re-educating/re-training themselves to handle similar situation better next time.

You pretty much reaffirmed my previous posts. You prefer to stand in the crowd and point finger. You prefer to take non-action stance. And yes we DO actually have to make suggestion because we are taxpayers & voters and we do have power to take action.

Contact/write letters to your constituents, mayor, Police Chief, etc. The most effective course of action is to state your concern and OFFER your solution.

These cops is wrong to do that to him! It same thing with it happened to deaf guy who accused him as shoplift

These cops is wrong to do that to him! It same thing with it happened to deaf guy who accused him as shoplift
Maybe. But the wheelchair guy did something wrong too. I am not saying that two wrongs makes a right, but there is culpability on his part too.

Who said anything about interfering with police? That's not how it works. I'm asking for YOUR suggestion in this thread. What could they have done any better? Let him go because he wasn't "hurting" anybody?

Wow.... seriously? Is that the kind of attitude you're going to have for anything you don't like what you see? Do nothing?

Police Officers will always encounter unique situations which are not found in their training or manual book so they did the best they can. Because of that, police departments are always constantly re-educating/re-training themselves to handle similar situation better next time.

You pretty much reaffirmed my previous posts. You prefer to stand in the crowd and point finger. You prefer to take non-action stance. And yes we DO actually have to make suggestion because we are taxpayers & voters and we do have power to take action.

Contact/write letters to your constituents, mayor, Police Chief, etc. The most effective course of action is to state your concern and OFFER your solution.

Wow, you're just always jumping to conclusions about who I am? If I were there, I would have certainly interfered somehow and I have in few situations here in NYC where people were just pointing their fingers and laughing at the disabled.

Hello, sensitivity training? The cops are required to take sensitivity training about the disabled and cultures. Stop closing your eyes and making up excuses for their behavior. Saying things like "Oh, that guy deserved it." He may have been a criminal, but NO ONE deserves to be dropped to the ground like that. It could have ended more peacefully than that. The cops mishandled the situation from what I see. He was perfectly harmless and in a wheelchair. All the cops had to do was to "push" his wheelchair, put him in the cop car? Easy solution!

This is why we're no longer friends. You constantly judge me and you're a very bitter person because you know that I'm a better person than you ever will be. So shut it. Don't respond to my posts anymore on AD. Stop trolling me. Thank you.

I do this often, brah. It helps the dude I talk to is an ASL user.

perhaps you should try not breaking the law :)

It is not about me. It is about what I've seen.

When I had a job as an engineer I had to install experimental cameras that were produced by Rayethon.

It was FUN to play with, for sure. But boy. When I was parked outside the factory floor playing with the equipment - its like what these CI users tell you.. YOU CAN HEAR!! With this stuff I was playing with - you CAN SEE through walls, basically. Mindblowing.

Now I see it on police cars occasionally and I know when it's in use.

I do think it is going a bit too far.

It doesn't help the fact either that I have a few ex-cop friends that says it's all corrupted, and that is coming from different departments.

Wow, you're just always jumping to conclusions about who I am? If I were there, I would have certainly interfered somehow
based on your posts.... I doubt it. Don't be dumb.

You want to make it right for that victim? Record the situation. Get the officers' names and badge number. Be a reliable witness in case victim sued police department.

and I have in few situations here in NYC where people were just pointing their fingers and laughing at the disabled.
Relating to arrest situation? Doesn't sound like it. Let's try to stay on topic.

Hello, sensitivity training? The cops are required to take sensitivity training about the disabled and cultures. Stop closing your eyes and making up excuses for their behavior. Saying things like "Oh, that guy deserved it." He may have been a criminal, but NO ONE deserves to be dropped to the ground like that. It could have ended more peacefully than that. The cops mishandled the situation from what I see. He was perfectly harmless and in a wheelchair. All the cops had to do was to "push" his wheelchair, put him in the cop car? Easy solution!
"Oh, that guy deserved it."? Let's not put words in my mouth. I've never said such thing nor implied it. Like I said in my previous post - it looks shitty.

Could they have handled it better? yup.
Did they break the law? nope.

Haven't it ever occurred to you that the drunk was ASKED to leave?
Haven't it ever occurred to you that the drunk was given WARNINGS?

So if the cops "pushed" his wheelchair to put him inside police car and the guy continued to resisted... you're going to cry police brutality anyway. You think it's going to go down easy if cops were to take him out of wheelchair to put him in police car?

This is why we're no longer friends.
Really? That's sad. My loss.

You constantly judge me and you're a very bitter person because you know that I'm a better person than you ever will be. So shut it.
Correction - You keep complaining non-stop about everything and I keep encouraging you to get out of shitty situation but you keep resisting. That's fine. Oh well.

Don't respond to my posts anymore on AD. Stop trolling me. Thank you.
You might want to start that first. and learn the definition of trolling.

It is not about me. It is about what I've seen.

When I had a job as an engineer I had to install experimental cameras that were produced by Rayethon.

It was FUN to play with, for sure. But boy. When I was parked outside the factory floor playing with the equipment - its like what these CI users tell you.. YOU CAN HEAR!! With this stuff I was playing with - you CAN SEE through walls, basically. Mindblowing.

Now I see it on police cars occasionally and I know when it's in use.

I do think it is going a bit too far.

It doesn't help the fact either that I have a few ex-cop friends that says it's all corrupted, and that is coming from different departments.
I don't dispute that.

but I don't see corruption in this part.

Back