Blacks Struggle With 72 Percent Unwed Mothers Rate

Regardless of race, there are many young women who intentionally become pregnant out of wedlock. They don't care about birth control because they don't want to prevent pregnancy. Ramping up sex ed and contraception at school isn't going to make one iota of difference to them. They want those babies, period. They aren't shocked or dismayed when they get a positive pregnancy test--they are happy!

And the young men are happy to oblige them. The guys know how to use condoms but they don't want to, and the young women certainly don't encourage them to because they want to be impregnated.

A woman who has three children by three daddies before she's 19 years old certainly knows about the birds and bees. She knows how to prevent pregnancy but she doesn't want to.

That's the real problem. Sex ed isn't going to help those young women with their real issues.

This seems to me to be a whole lot of speculation and generalization. Do you have any evidence that supports this?

Sociological studies, psychological studies, and Dept. of Health data. However, are you saying that all adolescent girls and boys have issues?
I mean, what are the numbers, not the sources.

Apparently people who support these programs believe so.

I mean, what are the numbers, not the sources.

Apparently people who support these programs believe so.

Those are the sources for the numbers. I don't see that people who support these programs believe that all adolescents have issues. I don't quite know why you would come to that conclusion.

Ok, explain why Jews who have been mistreated badly for centuries become hugely successful as a minority?

Same with Japanese in concentration camp here.

I think blacks are using the "slavery" mentality as an excuse for their "social problems." Jews deal with racists all the time.

Hindsight fallacy here.

Ok, explain why Jews who have been mistreated badly for centuries become hugely successful as a minority?

Jews have been prosecuted mercilessly for over a thousand years. Out of the need for self-preservation, they took up high-ranking jobs within the monarchy and maintained strong business ties with the government to avoid being religiously killed. You know: "if we have your money, you can't kill us!"

Same with Japanese in concentration camp here.

Internment camps only lasted half a decade at best in Canada, much less than that in United States. All of them still had strong family ties in their homeland when they first settled in the Americas in 1910s and 1920s. So when they were released, many of their family members helped their overseas cousins to get their life back.

I think blacks are using the "slavery" mentality as an excuse for their "social problems." Jews deal with racists all the time.

Try being severed from your families in Africa with no way of communicating with them or getting back home in during the 1600s and 1700s. They also didn't have to live with the threat of being ritually murdered, so a refugee was never soughted.

Vietnamese? The only people who could AFFORD to leave are wealthy, or they have strong ties with Chinese ethnic. Those who stayed behind were poor.

Cubans... Mexicans... Are you serious?

Haitians, need to research.

Try being severed from your families in Africa with no way of communicating with them or getting back home in during the 1600s and 1700s. They also didn't have to live with the threat of being ritually murdered, so a refugee was never soughted.

I doubt it. Remember, the blacks had fathers before Civil Rights era... and they were pretty cohesive. After Civil Rights era, they just stopped taking care of their children.

I doubt it. Remember, the blacks had fathers before Civil Rights era... and they were pretty cohesive. After Civil Rights era, they just stopped taking care of their children.

So...

Why are Indians/Natives are also having the same difficulties as the blacks? Both are minorities. Surely they can't pull themselves up by the bootstraps? Like the Italians, the Irish, the Chinese, the Afghans, the Germans, the Jews, the Vietnamese, the Koreans, and the Arabs? Yet the Blacks and the Natives just seem to be mired.

Right... I dunno exactly what caused them to go downhill. I mean, we have history of discrimination against them but we mistreated other minorities badly as well.

As much as I respect your ability to look deeper into issues, this statement is soooo wrong. Black families in America have more family taking care of family than any other culture in this country.

Right... I dunno exactly what caused them to go downhill. I mean, we have history of discrimination against them but we mistreated other minorities badly as well.

Please, netrox...take the time to read some of the sociological and cultural studies of the Black culture here in the U.S. I would be glad to recommend a source or two for you.

As much as I respect your ability to look deeper into issues, this statement is soooo wrong. Black families in America have more family taking care of family than any other culture in this country.

Proof?

Would you like me to provide with the sources where you can actually read and learn regarding black culture in the U.S. or are you just throwing out another ridiculas challenge because you don't have anything to disprove it and are attempting to play bully?

My discussion was with netrox, because netrox is actually an individual that wants to learn.

Would you like me to provide with the sources where you can actually read and learn regarding black culture in the U.S. or are you just throwing out another ridiculas challenge because you don't have anything to disprove it and are attempting to play bully?

My discussion was with netrox, because netrox is actually an individual that wants to learn.

You made a claim.... I am asking if you can back that claim with facts. Simple.

You made a claim.... I am asking if you can back that claim with facts. Simple.

Sure I can. Want me to provide you with the names of the resources I have read over the years that back me up? Then you can read them and have your own base of knowledge to work from.

Anything else is just an attempt to bully because you have nothing with which to refute a claim that was made.

Sure I can. Want me to provide you with the names of the resources I have read over the years that back me up? Then you can read them and have your own base of knowledge to work from.

Sure

Bob Andweave driving erratically now....misses the stop sign.

Ahh...another poster that won't take responsibility for his own education and learning. Funny how they seem to come out of the wood work to support each other in their refusal to learn.

Start with the book titled "Climbing Jacob's Ladder." It is a compilation of about 1,000 sociological studies concerning the black community. As you read through these studies, you will find resources for further study of those areas that are of particular interest to you.

Back