AUSLAN Teaching - Jacob teaches you all

Jake, you are a God sent. :hug:

That's cool! Thanks Jake! U should charge us for your lessons. :giggle:

Interesting about the alphabet.

Well, for this, it is free. But if someone offers me a job in teaching Auslan in the USA, I wiould take it. :lol:

Moon Child - Yes, it is Australian Sign Language. A lot of AD'ers are keen to learn something new.

Thanks.

I like the remember sign...it is makes more conceptually sense than the ASL sign.

The Auslan sign for "talk" is the same for ASL sign for "typical" I hope I am talking about the correct sign

That's cool! Thanks Jake! U should charge us for your lessons. :giggle:

Interesting about the alphabet.

No Don't tell him about charge :(.. Hehe Wewill learning complete with auslan then we can staying over his place and fun in Aussie!!! heheh

Because We need save money for airport and spend fun etc.. ;):):) :giggle:

No Don't tell him about charge :(.. Hehe Wewill learning complete with auslan then we can staying over his place and fun in Aussie!!! heheh

Because We need save money for airport and spend fun etc.. ;):):) :giggle:

Make him pay US taxes. LOL!

• Remember
  • Colors
  • Paper
  • Country
  • Computer
  • Full
  • Speed
  • (Am I missing, something here?)

Yup, you missed something.... I still don't know your sign for 'Computer' because you skipped that word in Auslan side.

I also realized that our word 'Stores' is same as your 'Shops' (not in signs, just English words). That means I am getting hang of Auslan fingerspelling as long as it is done sloooowly. I still get confused with the vowels (as in which finger should I point at???).

Keep up the good works, Jake!

Oh yeah, I will make another vlog including the missing sign, LOL :lol:

[yt]bqiVv0L3hN0[/yt]​

"Hi, sorry forgot to add 'computer' in the previous vlog (#3), I am showing you this sign in Auslan of 'computer'.

Now, I am showing you 5 signs in ASL translating into Auslan ---

1 - Busy
2 - Smooth
3 - Table
4 - Excuse me
5 - Person

--- Signs translated in Auslan ------

Now, thats what I have shown and apologises for the short vlog. But if you have any words you want to know, please let me know. I will make a long vlog next time! Until then"

Jake I want to check in and let you know I am still with this thread.

Yeah - I am sorry, it is on hold at the moment, I am quite busy with errands and all. Will keep this updated when I have the time for a new one, this week. Apologises for the incovience.

I just found this thread. WOW. This is wicked cool!! :D. I'm still working on Auslan fingerspelling now. Gonna have it memorized then I'm gonna set up a time for meto call you and see if I pass the test ;) (if that's ok?). I've ALWAYS wanted to learn Auslan! BTW, how did you learn ASL?

I just found this thread. WOW. This is wicked cool!! :D. I'm still working on Auslan fingerspelling now. Gonna have it memorized then I'm gonna set up a time for meto call you and see if I pass the test ;) (if that's ok?). I've ALWAYS wanted to learn Auslan! BTW, how did you learn ASL?

Yes, you can call me on VP, but I have to call you though. You can PM me the IP address though.

I learnt ASL first with fingerspelling about 9 years ago, but became fluent into ASL about earlier this year after extensive learning. With Vlogs, ASL websites and friends via VP.

I am VERY sorry, I have a video waiting to be uploaded and it is sitting in my laptop at home!!!

Can't wait for the next one,But Jake take your time I know you get busy sometimes.:)

[yt]vIJel6_NZe8[/yt]​

I apologise - this video was filmed last week before the weekend. Please let me know if you require a transcript. I won't do it tonight, but I will do it tomorrow, if requested. Enjoy!

[yt]vIJel6_NZe8[/yt]​

I apologise - this video was filmed last week before the weekend. Please let me know if you require a transcript. I won't do it tonight, but I will do it tomorrow, if requested. Enjoy!

Jake,I am still learing sign.It would be better if all the video's were transcript. Thanks.

Transcript of the latest vlog

"Hi, it has been a while that I've made a vlog. I've been busy with other things and I was on vacation last weekend (Newcastle) but I'm done with the busy time.

Ok, here I'm showing you family signs in ASL then AUSLAN (Australian Sign Language)

1 - Dad
2 - Mom/Mum
3 - Boy
4 - Girl
5 - Son
6 - Daugt....I can't spell, but you know what I mean(Daughter)
7 - Brother
5 - Sister
6 - Uncle
8 - Aunt
9 - Cousin
10 - Grandfather
11 - Grandmother

*counting fingers* I think thats it. OK, translating it into AUSLAN now.

The list is in order in AUSLAN.

I think thats all, will make more vlog later. "

I understand that the vlog is more clearer, please let me know if it is very clear to you and also if you have any questions, please do not be afraid to post in here :)

[yt]5A6vRZLIMXw[/yt]

No trascript this time, this is a test vlog :cool: Good luck!

[yt]9SKjX87Xjq8[/yt]​

[yt]bgV3uJWb3FU[/yt]​

I had found this lady s Auslan - ABC's on Youtube. Look nice!
Great to watch, but WOW you went through the alphabet really fast.
I guess that's what happens when I'm just a beginner.

Back