AB2072 passed

Again, why does that matter? The point is, they got the attention they needed to get the bill revised. How, when, and why is not the issue, unless you are looking at this from a standpoint of doing battle just to prove your superiority to the advocates. That is what got the audis in trouble in this bill. Take a lesson from them.

We are yet to see if they got anything in the bill "revised". I think it is simply trying to save face and nothing has changed.

We are yet to see if they got anything in the bill "revised". I think it is simply trying to save face and nothing has changed.

Wow...you are judgemental and vindictive, aren't you? Get those arms ready. FJ is geared for a me vs them battle. Looks like you would be interested in dropping the defensiveness long enough to actually see the far reaching implications. But, hey...obviously you have other priorities. Have at it.

Wow...you are judgemental and vindictive, aren't you? Get those arms ready. FJ is geared for a me vs them battle. Looks like you would be interested in dropping the defensiveness long enough to actually see the far reaching implications. But, hey...obviously you have other priorities. Have at it.

The far reaching implications are that parents will finally be getting the full information that they need. I'm great with that.

The far reaching implications are that parents will finally be getting the full information that they need. I'm great with that.

Again, expand your focus. You are looking at one section of the bill only. Tunnel vision is your enemy.

And that was the whole point of this bill. Not about "eugenics" which was nothing more than a red herring and a pointless exercise on lack of common sense.

And you want to talk about vindictvie and judgemental??? Have you seen the horrible things people have been saying about the Deaf community members that support the bill????

Candy has been called a betrayer, and other nasty names as has Holism and others.

Why would you attack memembers of your own community, call them vicious things because you disagree about a bill?

And you want to talk about indictie and judgemental??? Have you seen the horrible things people have been saying about the Deaf community members that support the bill????

Candy has been called a betrayer, and other nasty names as has Holism and others.

Why would you attack memembers of your own community, call them vicious things because you disagree about a bill?

I, too, was disgusted about that; you forgot Koko. Totally uncalled for but you are changing the subject.

I, too, was disgusted about that, too; you forgot Koko. Totally uncalled for but you are changing the subject.

(Can't bring up KoKonut, too widely despised around these parts! Sorry dude :wave:)

And I was simply reponding to the names I was being called.

Wow, you got a lot of deaf bloggers with the hate on you kokonut.

Can't say I've seen a lot of similar things reading AB2072 articles and opinions.

I've said for awhile that this bill represents an opportunity to expand ASL exposure to parents of newborns diagnosed with hearing loss. And for that I get raked over the coals. I recognized the effort in making this bill neutral as possible and that ALL communication options are covered for the benefit of parents so they can eventually make an informed decision. The tide is turning. They are now seeing the light that it's better to make good of a bill and run with it to their advantage rather than to try and kill the bill while making a fool of themselves in the process. They spent more time and effort demonizing AG Bell and other similar organizations, Tony Mendoza, eugenics, and Nazism than focusing on ASL as a positive thing to have in the bill.

Regardless of a parents' informed decision, respect it. Even if it means they chose not to incorporate ASL.

Yep. Which is funny and sad in more ways than one.

Yeah....all I know is that the main thrust of the language is still intact...I never had any doubts it would stay. Fortunately the Health Committee kind of "went off topic" and got an education of what the deaf culture really is and what followed was recognition of the real world implications would have been had the original language been left there to wit: The recognition of ASL because Cued, TC, SEE, etc are not languages but tools used in education; ensconsing this into the Dept of Education; limiting the role of an audiologist for obvious reasons. Mendoza was floored with the revelation of what is language; thus the concessions and maybe more to come......seems that this diversion was a god-sent. This Romero gal probably understood some of this stuff better than the others. She wasn't their actual lobbyist, a Polanco(a former Senator)was....

So all in all, this bill is looking better(maybe more to come) with the safeguards. I'm only sorry to see the idiocy/ignorance/blind vindictiveness by many in the v/blogospheres toward yourself, Barry, Russell, etc just because you wanted/advocated for ALL OPTIONS. I was the same way and at the 11th hour, I was able to see and appreciate that this Committee took the by-way out of curiosity and actually learned something.

Yeah....all I know is that the main thrust of the language is still intact...I never had any doubts it would stay. Fortunately the Health Committee kind of "went off topic" and got an education of what the deaf culture really is and what followed was recognition of the real world implications would have been had the original language been left there to wit: The recognition of ASL because Cued, TC, SEE, etc are not languages but tools used in education; ensconsing this into the Dept of Education; limiting the role of an audiologist for obvious reasons. Mendoza was floored with the revelation of what is language; thus the concessions and maybe more to come......seems that this diversion was a god-sent. This Romero gal probably understood some of this stuff better than the others. She wasn't their actual lobbyist, a Polanco(a former Senator)was....

So all in all, this bill is looking better(maybe more to come) with the safeguards. I'm only sorry to see the idiocy/ignorance/blind vindictiveness by many in the v/blogospheres toward yourself, Barry, Russell, etc just because you wanted/advocated for ALL OPTIONS. I was the same way and at the 11th hour, I was able to see and appreciate that this Committee took the by-way out of curiosity and actually learned something.

I know, which is why I said "lobbyist." Polanco was the one who abstained, curiously though. Did you see Russel's recent YouTube video?

[quotekonut;1608320]s.

Regardless of a parents' informed decision, respect it. Even if it means they chose not to incorporate ASL.[/quote]

Whatever informed decision they make is not a problem for me.

[quotekonut;1608320]s.

Regardless of a parents' informed decision, respect it. Even if it means they chose not to incorporate ASL.

Whatever informed decision they make is not a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

Key word being "informed."

I know, which is why I said "lobbyist." Polanco was the one who abstained, curiously though. Did you see Russel's recent YouTube video?

You mean Polanco didn't say his piece? He doesn't vote, being retired.

I have never been able to get Russell's Youtube username correctly. Do you mean the video in DVTV, last word in his title being "Toxicity"?

[quotekonut;1608320]s.

Whatever informed decision they make is not a problem for me.[/QUOTE]

Right. I've been saying that for ages.

Key word being "informed."

But if it is not, then what? Shame on them? What else?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are asking me. I am simply proposing that all parents have the opportunity to become fully informed. Many do not because the opportunity has not been presented. Many others only become fully informed well into the process, and only because they took the initiative and began the long and grueling search themself.

As far as what then...they will deal with the consequences of their decision. My concern is that the deaf kids are getting what they need to perform to the best of their ability educationally, socially, and psychologically.

But if it is not, then what? Shame on them? What else?

Not sure what you are asking me. I am simply proposing that all parents have the opportunity to become fully informed. Many do not because the opportunity has not been presented. Many others only become fully informed well into the process, and only because they took the initiative and began the long and grueling search themself.

As far as what then...they will deal with the consequences of their decision. My concern is that the deaf kids are getting what they need to perform to the best of their ability educationally, socially, and psychologically.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Seen way too many kids gone past the point of no return cuz their families, for whatever reasons, didn't come thru.

Back