AB2072 passed

bump....in case supporters think all is lost.

Do you think audist minded people want to create a bill that requires parents to be informed about the deaf community and ASL?

I don't think so.

I'm with you, but be careful, they might kick you out of the club for being reasonable!!!

Just look at the Mendoza Eugenics thread.

That thread says nothing about the actual bill, it is simple people saying "I'm think this could be a slippery slope", slippery slope to what? Fully informed parents? Good gall, what would we do then??????

Too little regulation regarding how the information is to be presented, and by whom. Definately leaves too much room for audist bias in presentation.

Too little regulation regarding how the information is to be presented, and by whom. Definately leaves too much room for audist bias in presentation.

Having too little regulation is very different than saying it is "eugenics" and "nazi-like". Having too little regulation is a real complaint, the rest of the garbage is not.

And the other thing that reallys gets me, is the opposition. If you don't like the way the bill is written, help FIX it. Something needs to change because parents aren't getting the information they need, the last thing that needs to happen is for nothing to change!

Having too little regulation is very different than saying it is "eugenics" and "nazi-like". Having too little regulation is a real complaint, the rest of the garbage is not.

That is one of my complaints. The ones that support the fact that the bill definately has eugenic overtones are in the Mendoza thread.

Being a minority person himself, Mendoza wrote this bill for the majority sectors representing the deaf, not the culturally deaf and he is learing something new everyday and making some concessions as this thing goes along? Maybe he was just naive in the beginning, maybe not but this bill is being amended and there might be more before it goes back to the original chamber for approval.

Example: Senate Committee who voted 5 to 1 in support of the changes, the one who opposed basically said, "Fix? Fix what?"......thus began the shift....

And the other thing that reallys gets me, is the opposition. If you don't like the way the bill is written, help FIX it. Something needs to change because parents aren't getting the information they need, the last thing that needs to happen is for nothing to change!

Input needs to come from the people of the state. And I believe that there are several who have organized to do so.

Too late, it passed.

But no, they weren't organizing to ammend the bill, they simply wanted to stop it.
Stop AB2072 Now! | The Truth Behind AB2072 Bill

They shifted from wanting to kill the bill to being open to negotiating. They have nothing against the ALL OPTIONS now; they are discussing other things that have already led to at least three concessions and there's still time for more....everybody's happy now, more or less.

They shifted from wanting to kill the bill to being open to negotiating. They have nothing against the ALL OPTIONS now; they are discussing other things that have already led to at least three concessions and there's still time for more....everybody's happy now, more or less.

How can they possible being open to a bill that has "obvious eugenic overtones" and has been compared to Nazi Germany??? That doesn't make sense........unless....wait, could they have been overstating it and faning the flames with undo rhetoric???

Because the issues that create the eugenic overtones are now being negotiated.

Back