Windows XP Service Pack 3 is out!

Yep Mac Rocks!...no more M$ crashes and hassles :thumb:

Yeppers! :D Even Whisperhorse uses a Mac too...(my fault for that) :lol: It was my old PowerMac G4.

Yup, that's true.

Some businesses are using Windows Server 2003 or 2008.

Because of the cost of transition to Vista are too high for biz to do it. Only rich biz can upgrade. My work still have XP even though they just had a brand new HP workstation PC this week. Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz w/ 512mb ram. It ran muuuch better and faster than old workstation pc which runs 2.4ghz w/ 256mb ddr ram LOL. They aren't getting Vista till maybe next 3 to 5 years LOL.

Catty

Because of the cost of transition to Vista are too high for biz to do it. Only rich biz can upgrade. My work still have XP even though they just had a brand new HP workstation PC this week. Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz w/ 512mb ram. It ran muuuch better and faster than old workstation pc which runs 2.4ghz w/ 256mb ddr ram LOL. They aren't getting Vista till maybe next 3 to 5 years LOL.

Catty

Same here, my workplace are using Windows 2000.

Too many customers still use Windows XP and Windows 2000. Very few OS X, Vista, 2003, and Linux. I don't see anyone use Windows 2008 yet but I already have one at home for play around.

Too many customers still use Windows XP and Windows 2000. Very few OS X, Vista, 2003, and Linux. I don't see anyone use Windows 2008 yet but I already have one at home for play around.

LOL. :rofl:

You dl M$ Win 2008 'cracked' version?? :rofl:

Catty

I am using Windows XP Home with SP3 and Internet Explorer general verion 7.0.5730.11 as IE 7. I am not upgrade to beta verison of IE 8 until Microsoft have to finish work beta test to become general IE verison 8 to giving to everyone in the future. For advanced computer users: If you want to join to be "beta" tester and you have to use "test" computer. if it is bug and you have to report problem to the tech support of Microsoft and they will update to make improve software.

If you are not interested to join Beta tester and do not attempt to download beta softaware.

I will buy a new laptop with advanced technology some time in the future. future. because My current laptop will not upgrade to Vista. XP tech support will be no longer around 2010???

I am using Windows XP Home with SP3 and Internet Explorer general verion 7.0.5730.11 as IE 7. I am not upgrade to beta verison of IE 8 until Microsoft have to finish work beta test to become general IE verison 8 to giving to everyone in the future. For advanced computer users: If you want to join to be "beta" tester and you have to use "test" computer. if it is bug and you have to report problem to the tech support of Microsoft and they will update to make improve software.

If you are not interested to join Beta tester and do not attempt to download beta softaware.

I will buy a new laptop with advanced technology some time in the future. future. because My current laptop will not upgrade to Vista. XP tech support will be no longer around 2010???

Mainstream support will end in 2009 but extended support will start after 2009 to 2014.

You can still use XP when support is end, however, you wouldn't have many new softwares.

In next 2 years, XP will be completely legacy.

Oh I got it.. Oh you did mentioned on other posting? which one of thread ?

a) Yeah me either, too.. b) I notice vista invaded space of HDD for explain, I purchased the upgrade HDD 120GB and the vista for my laptop. First time, I instantly noticed 87GB that vista already ate 33GB of 120GB what I have overleft.. I was like WHOA, vista GENUINELY steal HDD's space.. But I aint compliant that, For I have a plenty of 87GB. ;)

Also, format the HDD into file system like NTFS then it will be less space than 120 GB, before you start install Vista.

320 GB HDD is advertised but I got 298 GB after format into HFS (file system for Mac), before install Leopard.

At first open of MacBook Pro with 120 GB and I got 92 GB when Leopard is pre-installed.

You can disable on system restore (for Windows) to get more GB back from HDD.

Not just hard drive,it eat up RAM, GPU, and CPU.

Linux is good for old hardware, server, and afford but limits drivers and programs.
Windows is good for business, many software, gamers but must newer hardware and powerful, poor secure.
OS X is good for graphic art,secure,edit video, but very limits hardware and overprice.

Also, format the HDD into file system like NTFS then it will be less space than 120 GB, before you start install Vista.

320 GB HDD is advertised but I got 298 GB after format into HFS (file system for Mac), before install Leopard.

At first open of MacBook Pro with 120 GB and I got 92 GB when Leopard is pre-installed.

Xactly true. I've notice that. I usually removes lot of System restore files and saved myself averaging 2 to 5 GB of hdd spaces. I don't seem to use System restore much because It's not effective. I even tried to pick out date a week before my pc was infected or corrupted. After restore, it still have those craps so I don't trust System Restore. I wish I had a copy of Norton Ghost!! oh well!!. Reformatting and reinstalling was the best option I have.

On my laptop. It's factory installed as FAT32 for XP!! Shush!! I had NO choice but to slip in Acer Restoration cd and have it restore to factory level THEN run M$ command "convert C:/ fs:ntfs" to convert it to NTFS. I didn't care much about the hdd space cuz I don't use more than 15gb space while my lappy have 60gb space.

So far my service pack 3 been good to my lappy. I noticed things are faster than before (It's not that BIG improvement. I would say 1/2 improved LOL).

Catty

Not just hard drive,it eat up RAM, GPU, and CPU.

Linux is good for old hardware, server, and afford but limits drivers and programs.
Windows is good for business, many software, gamers but must newer hardware and powerful, poor secure.
OS X is good for graphic art,secure,edit video, but very limits hardware and overprice.

Agreed!

Wonder is it called "Goldilock" effect?? :rofl:

Last edited:
Mainstream support will end in 2009 but extended support will start after 2009 to 2014.

You can still use XP when support is end, however, you wouldn't have many new softwares.

In next 2 years, XP will be completely legacy.

Yes. This will happen because many new softwares will be Vista only in next few years (I'm sure that 3rd party softwares continue to make for XP after service extension is over. I do still see Win 2k along with XP that still there even the service extension was waaaay past over such as old games, educational, graphic arts ect at the store...).. I know lot people don't like throwing out darn good PC with XP. I will too have to start moving on to Vista on the end of XP's extended support LOL. I sure hope that there will be alot of fixes on Vista before I am forced to use it after XP extended service is over...

I still have Win 2k SP4 OS cd and never use it. I kept it for fun of it.

Catty

What law r u referring to? I never heard such requirements. Only thing MS keep supporting the older software is the maintenance agreement with other companies. If there is no agreement and they release new version, they are not required to keep on supporting it.

The law requires BillyBob Gates to continue support for a software for something like 7 years after it is discontinued from the market. Microsoft wants to stop selling XP in June 2008 on new computers an open box at the store .. I stay with XP professional, till I get a new computer..

Xactly true. I've notice that. I usually removes lot of System restore files and saved myself averaging 2 to 5 GB of hdd spaces. I don't seem to use System restore much because It's not effective. I even tried to pick out date a week before my pc was infected or corrupted. After restore, it still have those craps so I don't trust System Restore. I wish I had a copy of Norton Ghost!! oh well!!. Reformatting and reinstalling was the best option I have.

On my laptop. It's factory installed as FAT32 for XP!! Shush!! I had NO choice but to slip in Acer Restoration cd and have it restore to factory level THEN run M$ command "convert C:/ fs:ntfs" to convert it to NTFS. I didn't care much about the hdd space cuz I don't use more than 15gb space while my lappy have 60gb space.

So far my service pack 3 been good to my lappy. I noticed things are faster than before (It's not that BIG improvement. I would say 1/2 improved LOL).

Catty

System restore is joke and pointless. I use Acronis True Image and only take less than 10 minutes for re-image everything. Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost are good. Nothing to wrong with them. If you interesting about image software PM me.

I had Acer laptop and it use FAT32 too so I turned it in ntfs thru convert c:/ fs:ntfs. No idea why Acer did that.

Oh, see that we have common roots about vista steal/ invade space of GB.. no questions... :D

I love that Acronis tool.. It saved my ass twice when I was preparing for a staff meeting which my laptop was acting up for no reason - I just rebooted and went into TI and restore latest image and I was back in business within 10-15 minutes. I don't save documents in C:, only in D: drive.

System restore is joke and pointless. I use Acronis True Image and only take less than 10 minutes for re-image everything. Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost are good. Nothing to wrong with them. If you interesting about image software PM me.

Yes. This will happen because many new softwares will be Vista only in next few years (I'm sure that 3rd party softwares continue to make for XP after service extension is over. I do still see Win 2k along with XP that still there even the service extension was waaaay past over such as old games, educational, graphic arts ect at the store...).. I know lot people don't like throwing out darn good PC with XP. I will too have to start moving on to Vista on the end of XP's extended support LOL. I sure hope that there will be alot of fixes on Vista before I am forced to use it after XP extended service is over...

I still have Win 2k SP4 OS cd and never use it. I kept it for fun of it.

Catty

Oh man, Windows 7 will come out in 2009 or 2010, you can upgrade or install instead of Vista.

I'm very disappointed at MS about no Directx 10 on XP, damn greedy Steve Ballmer, also few PC games (Halo 2) are released to Vista only, that piss gamers off if they are loyal to XP.

I believe that boycott MS products can be help, even don't buy PC for few month then MS will suffers from financial loss and would bring XP back to store or re-license to PC companies, it like happened to Coca Cola about New Coke in last 23 years ago, when related to beverage.

Back