Windows XP Service Pack 3 is out!

purplecatty

Reaction score
Just downloaded an ISO image of SP3 and burnt it to CDrom. It's over 544.9mb file. After burn to cd. I ran installation and it's pretty much the same as SP2 installation. After it completed, I rebooted the lappy and it boot up to welcome menu then desktop. First thing was updating Outlook Express 6 for few min then back to normal. I notice it runs a bit faster. I will try on other system that had 'cracked' XP lol.

Basically, SP3 is all of updates into one tho.

Catty

Yesterday I had my hard drive reformatted and went to WindowsUpdate.com to update whatever is needed for the computer. I have noticed on SP3 I didn't have to update repeatedly like I did on SP2.

I don't know if it is SP3 that is causing my browser to lag some.

Whats the point to have SP3 for XP if we had windows Vista?

Catty, AHHHHH!.. I was thought your PC running Ubuntu Linux instead of XP.. Umm... ;)

The law requires BillyBob Gates to continue support for a software for something like 7 years after it is discontinued from the market. Microsoft wants to stop selling XP in June 2008 on new computers an open box at the store .. I stay with XP professional, till I get a new computer..

Damn u Microsoft, screw u. Screw SP3. U RUINED my PC.Everything went AWOL. After figuring what the hell happened, i uninstalled IE7 and installed IE8 beta, everything when ok...at least for now. There was something wrong in the registry with IE7.Reinsalling IE7 doesn't seem to work either. So i went for the 8 beta. Screw you Microsoft...screw you.

Damn u Microsoft, screw u. Screw SP3. U RUINED my PC.Everything went AWOL. After figuring what the hell happened, i uninstalled IE7 and installed IE8 beta, everything when ok...at least for now. There was something wrong in the registry with IE7.Reinsalling IE7 doesn't seem to work either. So i went for the 8 beta. Screw you Microsoft...screw you.

Don't install IE8 Beta. IE7 is good enuf to use tho. You have to uninstall SP3 first then uninstall IE7 then Install SP3 again. Read the instruction on SP3. M$ is a screw I know!! Just reformat and reinstall everything to shut up those M$ problem per my advice....

My lappy seem running faster than before. Browser loads faster. Interesting huh? Vista been wounded with sluggish speed and SP1 will help speed it up just like XP. I wonder will soon Vista will churn SP2 to allow any older softwares to run on Vista LOL.. Stupid!! M$ shoulda have kept hardware requirement minimuim instead of demanding 1 or 2 GB memory, big hdd, 256mb powerful powerful graphic card just to run a puny weakling Areoglass and it's shuffle window (clapping yaay yaay Pfffft). It's like dropping lead ball into lake with string attached to it's neck . Linux don't need all those power to churn Compiz!! So M$ ain't "green" to support earth!!

Catty

Last edited:
Catty, AHHHHH!.. I was thought your PC running Ubuntu Linux instead of XP.. Umm... ;)

MY Ubuntu Box is down. Need to get new graphic card and fix BIOS Grrrr!! :rl:As I mentioned on other posting, BIOS crashes on me and I had to reset it once a week. Feel like ripping out mobo and replace it with new one. Haven't had $$ to buy tho. I have crappy graphic card that can't handle Hardy Heron well. So that's why I was "forced" to go back to Windoz for a while till my BUNTU box back to normal!! GRRR

Catty

well i dont have a plm with vista since i bought laptop last year. vista has been great to me. i m tired of ppl whining over vista thing. lol. sorry, no offense.

i do have 6 PCs with xp pro(2 PCs) and xp mce(4 HTPCs) even through they have no spyware or no anti virus programs on them for last few years.

well i dont have a plm with vista since i bought laptop last year. vista has been great to me. i m tired of ppl whining over vista thing. lol. sorry, no offense.

i do have 6 PCs with xp pro(2 PCs) and xp mce(4 HTPCs) even through they have no spyware or no anti virus programs on them for last few years.

Maybe you too busy for outdoor more ofter than use computers.

Don't install IE8 Beta. IE7 is good enuf to use tho. You have to uninstall SP3 first then uninstall IE7 then Install SP3 again. Read the instruction on SP3. M$ is a screw I know!! Just reformat and reinstall everything to shut up those M$ problem per my advice....

My lappy seem running faster than before. Browser loads faster. Interesting huh? Vista been wounded with sluggish speed and SP1 will help speed it up just like XP. I wonder will soon Vista will churn SP2 to allow any older softwares to run on Vista LOL.. Stupid!! M$ shoulda have kept hardware requirement minimuim instead of demanding 1 or 2 GB memory, big hdd, 256mb powerful powerful graphic card just to run a puny weakling Areoglass and it's shuffle window (clapping yaay yaay Pfffft). It's like dropping lead ball into lake with string attached to it's neck . Linux don't need all those power to churn Compiz!! So M$ ain't "green" to support earth!!

Catty

Depends on graphic card, Aero feature on Vista are work on Intel GMA so fine, such as 950 and X3100 and it doesn't require you to have powerful graphic card to use Aero feature, also I have agree with you about Vista SP1 is faster and more stable than no SP. It's not MS fault at some part, software companies are supposed to write on NT based that allows work on XP or Vista, if not then some are lucky or need patch to fix the bugs.

Vista is good for recent PC (after 2005) with faster CPU and support more RAM, except for Celeron.

XP is good for old hardware and slower CPU like Celeron and earlier Pentium 4 or below, or any PC are earlier XP era, even still best for business right now.

Microsoft is upset that business didint hop on the VISTA bandwagon... Many business is still using XP and reluctant to switch over . And I really don't blame them...

Microsoft is upset that business didint hop on the VISTA bandwagon... Many business is still using XP and reluctant to switch over . And I really don't blame them...

Yup, that's true.

Some businesses are using Windows Server 2003 or 2008.

MY Ubuntu Box is down. Need to get new graphic card and fix BIOS Grrrr!! :rl:As I mentioned on other posting, BIOS crashes on me and I had to reset it once a week. Feel like ripping out mobo and replace it with new one. Haven't had $$ to buy tho. I have crappy graphic card that can't handle Hardy Heron well. So that's why I was "forced" to go back to Windoz for a while till my BUNTU box back to normal!! GRRR

Catty
Oh I got it.. Oh you did mentioned on other posting? which one of thread ?

well a) i dont have a plm with vista since i bought laptop last year. vista has been great to me. b) i m tired of ppl whining over vista thing. lol. sorry, no offense.

a) Yeah me either, too.. b) I notice vista invaded space of HDD for explain, I purchased the upgrade HDD 120GB and the vista for my laptop. First time, I instantly noticed 87GB that vista already ate 33GB of 120GB what I have overleft.. I was like WHOA, vista GENUINELY steal HDD's space.. But I aint compliant that, For I have a plenty of 87GB. ;)

Back