Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened'

Id be more afraid of them waiting outside for me afterwards....lol

Wild Wings messed up on that one, big time.

that was a really wild move

Some excuse! I see no threat, otherwise someone would make a serious call to the police? Really bad judgement on their part.

Race baiting? Why did the customer feel threatened? Let's just assume its the reason the article is alluding to .....race. If that is the case, then yes, wild wing dropped the ball. However, if a member of that party made a verbal threat, it changes things.

Yes, I think it was happened in your metro and have you ate at this restaurant before?

I have a feeling that Reba wouldn't eat at this place even if it's the only restaurant in the area within 100 miles :lol:

Well, since Whatdidyousay and Reba are two very different people, I gotta ask Whatdidyousay (only because you are here and Reba isn't yet) why would you not eat at the Wild Wing place? And at Denny's?

Yes, I think it was happened in your metro and have you ate at this restaurant before?
No, I haven't eaten at that restaurant before. I drive past it often; it's on the same road as my college and near several of my favorite shopping areas.

I never before heard any bad reports about Wild Wings, so this was very surprising. At any of the restaurants in this area that we dine at I've never noticed any racial problems. I'm not saying there aren't problems; they just aren't happening where we go.

I suspect (don't know for a fact) that the woman complaining was from out of the area and not used to large groups of friendly black people. (We are a tourist area plus many people move here from other states.) If I saw a group like that it wouldn't bother me at all. In fact, I do see groups like that all the time. No big deal.

I don't know what on earth the manager was thinking at the time. Not a good decision, for sure.

Well, since Whatdidyousay and Reba are two very different people, I gotta ask Whatdidyousay (only because you are here and Reba isn't yet) why would you not eat at the Wild Wing place? And at Denny's?

Denny's refuse to service Black people and I had a friend who was Black and his wife White not get waited on at a Denny's this happen about 15 years ago and Denny's is well know for refusing to service Black people or made then wait longer that White people . My daughter is Black , one of my brother in law is Black and my other brother in law is an Indian from Trinidad and if my family can't eat at a restaurant I will go there myself.

I have a feeling that Reba wouldn't eat at this place even if it's the only restaurant in the area within 100 miles :lol:
Honestly, I haven't heard anything bad about that restaurant before. I like wings but if we buy them we get take out from a different restaurant near our house. I don't like to eat messy wings in public. :giggle:

The area where this restaurant is located is a busy, commercial area, near shopping malls. It's not a bad part of town, nor a swanky part of town--just average. (Near where my Jeep was totaled. :( )

Denny's refuse to service Black people and I had a friend who was Black and his wife White not get waited on at a Denny's this happen about 15 years ago and Denny's is well know for refusing to service Black people or made then wait longer that White people . My daughter is Black , one of my brother in law is Black and my other brother in law is an Indian from Trinidad and if my family can't eat at a restaurant I will go there myself.

well..... that was a really long time ago..... learn how to forgive and move on

Not the first time I've heard of that before. It happens on occassions in other restaurants and businesses in the rest of the country. Restaurants and businesses can refuse service for no reason or any reason.

I was refused service at IHOP in Lynnwood, WA with a stupid waitress wouldn't communicate with me. She depended on my hearing friend who barely knows sign language. I had to ask manager for resolving the issue but the manager wouldn't! We left the place without giving a tip.

well..... that was a really long time ago..... learn how to forgive and move on

I have not see one ad for Denny's with a Black person in it. And not it was not too long ago that some Black men where refuse to serviced. Denny's I still racist . And Denny's food look like crap anyway. Everything is premade expect for the eggs.

You know who I feel bad for? The waiter or waitress who was serving them. I don't have a prejudiced bone in my body but after about 6 months to a year of doing massage therapy I discovered something I never would have guessed. Black people are horrible tippers. That's not a racists statement that's just 3 years experience if service industry, I mentioned to some other therapists, and some if them had been wait staff before, and same thing, terrible tippers. Sooooo that huge group was there for 2 hours, probably a huge bill, and they would have given them a measles tip probably but I bet after that they left nothing. And the waitress or waiter isn't even the one to ask them to leave. Bummer guaranteed they got jipped.

Last edited:
Back