Who likes Sylvia Browne?

I dont believe in John Edward.. he is full of it.. i watched his shows thought he is geniune till i watched the show Dateline about John Edward and gulped that he is fraud. so after that i dont watch his shows anymore.

I do believe in sylvia Browne.. i know she is not a fraud.

Don't know the lady, and don't believe in psychics, so I don't read her books or watch her on TV.

I think sylvia browne is a little off sometimes.
But I remember seeing one of Montels shows with her on it.
And she talked about an incident that happened here in michigan.
There was some workers that were doing some work on the Ambassador bridge.Which is the bridge from here to Canada and vice versa.One of the workers somehow fell off the bridge.They searched for his body for a long time.Months.
His wife ended up on the show that sylvia was on. Sylvia said he was still down in the bottom of the Detroit river.THat he was stuck under some scaffoling.(sp?)
A few days later on the news..They recovered his body where she said it was.I thought that was weird.But it could have been common sense too.
I also have seen on her website that her services are like $700.There is a shop down the street from me that will tell you what they see for $35.
But mostly I think psychics are full of it.
Just my humble opinion though.

Luckysmile23 said:
I dont believe in John Edward.. he is full of it.. i watched his shows thought he is geniune till i watched the show Dateline about John Edward and gulped that he is fraud. so after that i dont watch his shows anymore.

I do believe in sylvia Browne.. i know she is not a fraud.

John Edwards is obviously just a showman. All the legal disclaimers at the end of the show demonstrate that. Not to mention the fact that it’s been cancelled. Professional magicians who have analyzed Edwards’ performances say that he’s very good, but not top-notch—there are people more proficient than him.

Sylvia Browne is a fraud. The Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California has already demonstrated that. See my first post in this thread. As to whether her claims of psychic divination are also fraudulent, well, I’ll just defer to the old expression ‘the record speaks for itself’.

FelixKat930 said:
Ahh.. really where and when?

I asked her about it. She said she just walked in to a bookstore looking for something for one of her classes and Browne was there signing books. Mayflower bought a paperback copy of one of her books and had her sign it. :roll:

Levonian said:
John Edwards is obviously just a showman. All the legal disclaimers at the end of the show demonstrate that. Not to mention the fact that it’s been cancelled. Professional magicians who have analyzed Edwards’ performances say that he’s very good, but not top-notch—there are people more proficient than him.

Sylvia Browne is a fraud. The Superior Court of Santa Clara County, California has already demonstrated that. See my first post in this thread. As to whether her claims of psychic divination are also fraudulent, well, I’ll just defer to the old expression ‘the record speaks for itself’.

John Edward's shows are not cancelled.. instead it is going in syndication now and is shown on WE (Women's Entertainment). the show is called now John Edward Cross Country. I guess the show is not dead as you thought it was?

Interesting about Sylvia Browne.. but why does she come on Montel shows? I guess Montel view her as important lady? i guess others dont? sighs..

Luckysmile23 said:
Interesting about Sylvia Browne.. but why does she come on Montel shows? I guess Montel view her as important lady? i guess others dont? sighs..

She appears regularly on Montel Williams for the simple reason that she has a huge following, and Montel Williams and his network are in the business to make money. Her appearances on national television in no way validate her ridiculous claims. It’s just that she has an audience, and she capitalizes on that fact.

Plenty of dangerous criminals are multimillionaire international celebrities. Doesn’t mean that we should validate their deceptions.

Levonian said:
You probably couldn’t afford it, CC. The illustrious Ms. Browne charges $750 for a half hour phone reading. And even if you had the money, I don’t think it would do you any good, because Sylvia Browne wouldn’t know what a TTY was if it jumped up and bit her on the ass. :|.

How do you know if I can't afford it? Well, you might be wrong. I went to one of her seminars in Phoenix few years ago and she was nothing, but B.S. I was not even that impressed with her readings on those people she picked out. I went there with my mom and sister. I also saw her on Kings from the channel, CNN. Again, not so pleased.

:laugh2: I'm sure she doesn't know what is TTY.

I'm wondering do you have direct t.v. or t.v. that has many t.v. programs? Have you seen a t.v. show called "TAPS"? I was impressed with their shows, even though I don't believe in ghosts.

I've seen derek acorah's shows, but he is obvious a B.S. just like Sylvia.

Last edited:
Cane Corso said:
How do you know if I can't afford it? Well, you might be wrong.

I said you probably can’t afford it. You look a little young to just have $750 lying around that you can just give to some lunatic. But then again, I might be wrong. If so, can I borrow some money? :P

Yesterday, I saw this clown (appropriately enough) on the Sci-Fi Channel. She was walking around theme parks in Southern California giving ‘readings’ to strangers. Using just run-of-the-mill cold reading techniques, she was able to reduce several people to blubbering idots. :roll: I really, really, really wanna get my hands on a copy of Ian Rowland’s book—I just GOTTA try this! It’s gonna be SO much fun! :mrgreen:

Levonian said:
Yesterday, I saw this clown (appropriately enough) on the Sci-Fi Channel. She was walking around theme parks in Southern California giving ‘readings’ to strangers. Using just run-of-the-mill cold reading techniques, she was able to reduce several people to blubbering idots. :roll: I really, really, really wanna get my hands on a copy of Ian Rowland’s book—I just GOTTA try this! It’s gonna be SO much fun! :mrgreen:

I saw that show too. I was like ok whatever.. think its fraud anyway.. lol :)

Luckysmile23 said:
I saw that show too. I was like ok whatever.. think its fraud anyway.. lol :)

Ooh—ooh—oooh—I’m getting a ‘C’! Is there anybody in your life with a ‘C’ anywhere in their name? There IS?! :eek3: Is the next letter a vowel of some sort? It IS?! :eek3: I want you to know that this person is here right now and wants you to know that he loves you very much. :aw: But he’s still pissed off about the 50 bucks you owed him when he passed over. Why don’t you just give it to me and I’ll make sure he gets it. Yeah, thanks pal—I’ll see to it that he gets this right away… :rofl:

Levonian said:
I said you probably can’t afford it. You look a little young to just have $750 lying around that you can just give to some lunatic. But then again, I might be wrong. If so, can I borrow some money? :P

Well, I might look like a kid, but I'm 24 years old. I have a job that makes a lot more than 750 buck a month. :)

If you want to borrow, you will have to pay with extra interest rates. Are you still interested? :fruit:

Levonian said:
Ooh—ooh—oooh—I’m getting a ‘C’! Is there anybody in your life with a ‘C’ anywhere in their name? There IS?! :eek3: Is the next letter a vowel of some sort? It IS?! :eek3: I want you to know that this person is here right now and wants you to know that he loves you very much. :aw: But he’s still pissed off about the 50 bucks you owed him when he passed over. Why don’t you just give it to me and I’ll make sure he gets it. Yeah, thanks pal—I’ll see to it that he gets this right away… :rofl:

:rofl: thats funny! u are no good at being one. find another job something you can be good at. lmao.. :laugh2: :P

Luckysmile23 said:
:rofl: thats funny! u are no good at being one. find another job something you can be good at. lmao.. :laugh2: :P

I didn't say my act was perfectly polished yet, geez...I just started today... :roll:

Cane Corso said:
If you want to borrow, you will have to pay with extra interest rates. Are you still interested? :fruit:

35%, compounded quarterly? :P

Back