What's your new year's resolution?

1.to get my catalogs shot faster , than the inventory changes.
2.get a better spell checker.

I would like to have a new job with some good money this year so I can have my own car this year. I'll work hard for this.

:ty:, Shel. When I visited my brother, his family and my other 4 siblings and they all said to me, "Sosie, you lost weight, you look great!" I thanked them and I felt so good about it. I am still continuing to lose more weight. I need another 35 more to go!!!

That's great, Shel! Keep up the good work! Keep us posted. ;)
Sorry to hear that. I can totally understand how you feel. My situation is similar as yours. I am a lot of stressed, too because I am worried about my mother, and everything. I make sure that I won't eat too much. Hugs!

Typo!!!

I have added a third resolution:

To work on personal issues. Getting myself into a better space.

Great job Sosie! I went from an 18 to a 15 too. My resolution is to not let my daughter's situation depress me like it did in 2010 and just enjoy life more that year than I did in 2010. I am tiredo of being stressed out and depressed over this stupid court thing.

Also, continue to lose more weight. Got another 40 more to go.

You'll enjoy life more once I move to DC! :D

My resolutions: WRITE MY &%^%$ THESIS. I have about 75 pages to go, and 2 months to do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Also, even though I am fine with my weight, I am joining a gym so that I tone and build my muscle strength and get back the physique I had when I was a soccer player in high school :naughty:

My resolutions: WRITE MY &%^%$ THESIS. I have about 75 pages to go, and 2 months to do it. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

Also, even though I am fine with my weight, I am joining a gym so that I tone and build my muscle strength and get back the physique I had when I was a soccer player in high school :naughty:

Whooo!! I'll be cheering on for you! Can I please read some of your thesis whenever you want, please? :)

I'm also trying to lose some weight and tone up more....but I have all that worked out for me because I'll be dancing a lot for this month and for the rest of the spring term. Enough of stuffing my face with food for this past winter break...although the food was sooo good. *sighs*

Btw, I finally found a full-time internship for this semester, and maybe more!! W00T! Maybe this year'll be better than last year. xD xD I wouldn't want a repeat of 2010 again. xD

tell yourself; "I can, I will and I must" and repeat that to yourself constantly (intially), and occassionally when you feel the pinch of doubt

also do the thesis FIRST, get it out of the way m then have the luxury of bettering your own physique

mines is well 3,

1) Do well in Death and Dying....
2) Train my dog well and have lots of fun
3) have more freinds and enjoy their company this means that I also realise they need to enjoy my company too- thats understanding will go a long way...
4) learn to ride horses
5) learn to play Chess (again)
6) learn to play Mah Jong
7) learn to cook better foods (not as a fad but as to really understand what IS cooking)
8) learn more about making and throwing knives
9)to be able to run 150km+ a week again...
10) re-learn unix (and linux) (text commands)
11) do well in Tai Chi (it is my new passion)
12) grow beautiful gardens at my home /floral/fuana/and veges
13) get back into pencil drawings

maybe I wont be able to do ALL of it this year, but at least I have a healthy list of 'what to do" aims...but first of all is the 5...

flatten my beer tummy...death and dying Post-grad paper...dog training...and mahjong...and horse riding/handling skills
if i can even get 3 of 5 I'm happy...

1. Get into the Navy
2. Finish bootcamp and move my family
3. Try and get custody of Fiances two younger kids (Its a far fetched dream, but still putting it down)
4. Excercise more
5. Spend more family time

1. Learn more AUSLAN
2. Learn more ASL
3. Learn TSL (Thai Sign Language)
4. Study 2 other languages.
5. Write a book

That's just a few....

mines is well 3,

1) Do well in Death and Dying....
2) Train my dog well and have lots of fun
3) have more freinds and enjoy their company this means that I also realise they need to enjoy my company too- thats understanding will go a long way...
4) learn to ride horses
5) learn to play Chess (again)
6) learn to play Mah Jong
7) learn to cook better foods (not as a fad but as to really understand what IS cooking)
8) learn more about making and throwing knives
9)to be able to run 150km+ a week again...
10) re-learn unix (and linux) (text commands)
11) do well in Tai Chi (it is my new passion)
12) grow beautiful gardens at my home /floral/fuana/and veges
13) get back into pencil drawings

maybe I wont be able to do ALL of it this year, but at least I have a healthy list of 'what to do" aims...but first of all is the 5...

flatten my beer tummy...death and dying Post-grad paper...dog training...and mahjong...and horse riding/handling skills
if i can even get 3 of 5 I'm happy...

What sort of dog training do you do?

Just as a pet, treat-lure training, not clicker, not guard, using my intuition, and lots of love and time all the best ingredients for a wonderdog.

to be my wonder dog, she does everything, except as a hearing dog i only want her to be my best freind as a pet, not as my slave, so far she can do up.down/crawl/roll/shake/give five/wait/stay/come/leave/quiet (dont bark)/sit/bed/outside/inside/off/stand/will be dancing too (that will be challenging but doable since she so smart, now only 15 weeks old...i self taught, my first dog ever (had hearing dog but that failed, the dog wasnt trained properly and i got the blame...but that in distant past i moved on and im loving this one, her name is Coco , absolutely gorgeous, some might not think she's pretty since shes a farm dog lol but i didnt pick for looks i sussed her out before i got her.

Nice but you can actually accomplish all of that with fewer commands. Why confuse the poor girl?

When I tell my dogs to sit they know to sit until I say other wise, that eliminates the 'stay' and 'wait' command.

You can achieve the inside/outside command by using "kennel" which means go into the the kennel and once it is mastered you can use "kennel" to tell the dog to get into something. I use 'kennel' to get the dogs in the kennel, truck, boat, blind, stand, even onto the scale at the vet's office. That eliminates "inside". As for 'outside' that just confuses them, so I just say NO or OFF depending on if I am correcting them for an infraction or they need to get off something that they can be on but they just need to get out of the way.

I use DOWN to tell the dog to lie down and just chill. They know to stay down until I say otherwise.

I also teach HERE (or come, whichever works for you), and I also teach HEEL. My dogs know that the two typically go together and so when I say HERE many times they heel up to me which is good. I often teach these two together, I elaborate on HEEL when walking.

I don't teach the other commands but however once I have all of the basic commands mastered I sometimes teach other silly commands that are fun for the dog such as making "jump" a command (this actually helped me to solve a jumping issue in one dog), I also taught one dog to "shake" but it was not the "shake your hand" kind of shake, it is a "shake the water off" kind of shake. This is fun for the dog. A friend of mine taught a Lab to complete a child's stacking rings toy game. We teach goofy things when things get boring, but we use our dogs primarily for duck hunting and as well-mannered family pets.

My theory is the fewer commands you can use, the better off the training will go. Excessive commands for the same actions only leaves dogs confused. Why confuse them? Keep it simple and remember baby steps!

Nice but you can actually accomplish all of that with fewer commands. Why confuse the poor girl?

When I tell my dogs to sit they know to sit until I say other wise, that eliminates the 'stay' and 'wait' command.

You can achieve the inside/outside command by using "kennel" which means go into the the kennel and once it is mastered you can use "kennel" to tell the dog to get into something. I use 'kennel' to get the dogs in the kennel, truck, boat, blind, stand, even onto the scale at the vet's office. That eliminates "inside". As for 'outside' that just confuses them, so I just say NO or OFF depending on if I am correcting them for an infraction or they need to get off something that they can be on but they just need to get out of the way.

I use DOWN to tell the dog to lie down and just chill. They know to stay down until I say otherwise.

I also teach HERE (or come, whichever works for you), and I also teach HEEL. My dogs know that the two typically go together and so when I say HERE many times they heel up to me which is good. I often teach these two together, I elaborate on HEEL when walking.

I don't teach the other commands but however once I have all of the basic commands mastered I sometimes teach other silly commands that are fun for the dog such as making "jump" a command (this actually helped me to solve a jumping issue in one dog), I also taught one dog to "shake" but it was not the "shake your hand" kind of shake, it is a "shake the water off" kind of shake. This is fun for the dog. A friend of mine taught a Lab to complete a child's stacking rings toy game. We teach goofy things when things get boring, but we use our dogs primarily for duck hunting and as well-mannered family pets.

My theory is the fewer commands you can use, the better off the training will go. Excessive commands for the same actions only leaves dogs confused. Why confuse them? Keep it simple and remember baby steps!

hey, thank you for your help, I appreciated, i had to re-read this post 3 times to think about what you meant, i understand. A few things I havent actually said, i dont teach ALL like in 1 day and day in day out, just 1 or 2 new things, she doesnt learn it all at once. I recognise the difference between stay and wait, and also knows people /dog have problems with it because the masters forgets to apply it correctly. But i would consider your suggestion if i had any problems with it (I don't) but I can see your point. I will talk to my freinds about this in particular the bold. I didnt even have to teach fetch, only 'Drop' is taking a little while longer, at this point I'm unsure how to proceed from here as Drop so important (as does down, for parks when other dogs may be posing problems or if my dog making too much attention or anything (have read about 'down' somewhere i cant remmy where but will find it) just the drop part she likes to chew the stick, etc... at same time she's only a puppy...still a baby i realise that. for this reason i have been taking your cricitism as constructive not negative so I will be mindful about what you said and may consider leaving out stay/wait all together when Sit will do. But i Have other plans (101 tricks)... in learn term. she so smart half the time i didnt even have to teach much, at same time i realise she wants to have fun too, also have 2 siamese cats they know outside, bed, wait,off, leave, be nice, come, insid, even up (on my shoulders) (seriously my cats do!, - and they talk to me in meow langauges but wow they talk!)...so i was trying to let dog and cat knows same thing under the same roof, so the idea is they blend, apart Coco will know more since she is a dog. Hope thats not too weird...but yes honest i like your post, and thanks. I will let you know how i got on.

:wave:, Botti, what happened to your personalized avatar? I really enjoyed seeing your cute dogs!!

Lose weight. Good for you! Keep up the good work!!! :)

I like to change. It is my entertainment, but Joe is in the signature.

I like to change. It is my entertainment, but Joe is in the signature.

At the time, they were not there, but I am glad to see them back again. I see that Joey is sleeping. He's so cute!

Back