What type of house do you live in?

Reba :D

Liza, it's interesting to see the kind of norwegian houses like this. I remember from saw the brochure somewhere and also TV that every norwegian houses have color walls and build with wood. Right?

It's interesting & cool to see the kind of house you live... :thumb: Do you furnish American Style in your house to remember your homeland?

Liebling:-))) said:
Reba :D

Liza, it's interesting to see the kind of norwegian houses like this. I remember from saw the brochure somewhere and also TV that every norwegian houses have color walls and build with wood. Right?

It's interesting & cool to see the kind of house you live... :thumb: Do you furnish American Style in your house to remember your homeland?

hi Liebling, thanks for your reply and question. I don't know if the style I've chosen to use in my house is American or Norwegian... But I would say it's a little mixture of both - with a touch of modern decor and classic decor. For instance, in my living room... I have cherry red wood floor, pink L shaped vinyl couch, black curtains with white floral print, variety of potted plants, maghony shelf, light brown wallpaper with texture, fireplace, white tiled ceiling, and wood frames.

Liza said:
Heh heh, Reba - that's certainly a possibility. Beautiful houses everyone has here!!

I bought a house a little over a year ago, and we're still renovating it. It's sort of an upper fixer, with a jungle for a backyard (taming it now!) and a two story shed with one wall that's actually the side of the mountain. 68 year old house, painted with shit brown and faded red paint on the exterior trims. The house is at the footstep of the mountain.

The pie picture is the scenery we see from our patio at the house. The picture with us looking at the houses on the mountain is when I was on the ferry in the fjord. Typical norwegian house.

The little red house is our two story shed next to the house.

that's a BREATH-TAKING VIEW with the mosiac table!!! :jaw: can i have the table if you don't want it in the future??? ... please be make a note that i get the FIRST DIBS!!! :D :P

Liza said:
I bought a house a little over a year ago, and we're still renovating it. ...
Beautiful view! Fixing up an old house is a challenge but you can really be proud of your results. The red shed is sooo cute!

I am currently living in a house where the upstairs bedroom is hotter than hell. I just sleep on the couch in the living room downstairs. This is only for a couple weeks before I move again.

Sadly, I moved yesterday to this house. I was in a townhouse for a couple months. There was no A/C there either. :(

VamPyroX said:
I am currently living in a house where the upstairs bedroom is hotter than hell. . .(
So for you that should be perfect, right? ;)

FeistyChick said:
that's a BREATH-TAKING VIEW with the mosiac table!!! :jaw: can i have the table if you don't want it in the future??? ... please be make a note that i get the FIRST DIBS!!! :D :P

Hey chick! You're in my will for it.. now don't plan on.. snuffing my candle out anytime soon! :nana: Thanks for the compliment, though ;) You're free to "test" the table out sometime in Norway, though! hehe

Reba said:
Beautiful view! Fixing up an old house is a challenge but you can really be proud of your results. The red shed is sooo cute!

Thanks a lot, Reba!
I know it's plenty of work, but hubby and I knew that would be the case when we bought the house. We bought the house steep cheap, after being thorough with all the damages and estimated fixup costs made by professionals who looked at the house with us. Didn't hurt either that I took a photo of every damage in front of the former owners (many many photos!), and we complied a very thick three binded folder with all these things for the former owners and for the inspecting professionals.

7 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, two toilets without bath, 2 living rooms, 2 kitchens, attic with two bedrooms, basement with 3 bedrooms, 3 good sized storage rooms, and a large laundry room, plus shed and a jungle came with a couple of house keys with a cute little heart shaped keychain from the former owner.

Liza,

7 BEDROOMS.. Damn lucky you have lot spacouis rooms in your house..

I would love steal yours.. (chuckles)
Wha.. lovely view beautiful look out the mountains... more than romantic!

Liza said:
hi Liebling, thanks for your reply and question. I don't know if the style I've chosen to use in my house is American or Norwegian... But I would say it's a little mixture of both - with a touch of modern decor and classic decor. For instance, in my living room... I have cherry red wood floor, pink L shaped vinyl couch, black curtains with white floral print, variety of potted plants, maghony shelf, light brown wallpaper with texture, fireplace, white tiled ceiling, and wood frames.

Sound really cool.

I have 2 British style in some room is:

English Romantic style in our bedroom.
English at 2nd living room (wintergarden).

It reminds me of my homeland... :P It's normal to furnish some of furnture to remind you of your homeland where you born and raise.

One thing I really love is VIEW of your house.... Very beautiful view... I can image when you & your hubby lit the candle on the table and have glass of wine in evening to look the view.... ooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooww... You & your hubby are very lucky to buy the lovely house to fill your dreamwish...

7 bedrooms... :hitit: 6 rooms for 6 kids or 5 kids and 1 guest... right? :naughty: One bathroom for kids and one bathroom for you & your hubby :naughty:

Whoooaaaa, Liebling...I love your huge house!! just gorgeous in summer and
winter!! Lucky you!!!!
Liza!! I love your house too...7 bedrooms!! HOly CoW! girl!! You gonna have to start a family of...ummm like 5 kiddies...hehehe....just kiddin ya, sweetie..
what a gorgeous view!! *droolin*.........
I just love huge houses.........*sigh*

Dad_shouse.jpg

Here is my dad's house and my dad live in Harbor City.
:wiggle:

Wow! The pictures are very nice and cool. What a show off! I was a house inspector - Just to remind you that you do not need to add the square feet for basement and garage because they are not living area. I love to look at the pictures of the house/apartment that you own. Great job! :P

My husband, our children and I moved into this new house last May. It has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room and open space between living room and kitchen. It also has three cars garage and has nice sized yard. We love living in this house!

Attachments

• Our new house!.jpg
    Our new house!.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 14
Peachy Lady said:
My husband, our children and I moved into this new house last May. It has four bedrooms, two bathrooms, dining room and open space between living room and kitchen. It also has three cars garage and has nice sized yard. We love living in this house!
Nice house! I wish I had a third garage.

CODAchild said:
:hug: Congratulations Alleycat on your new home!!!! It's beautiful!!! I wish you and your family the best of luck and much happiness. :thumb:

Thanks! I attached a picture of some landscaping we finished last week - it's only a part of a lot of landscaping we're going to be doing. We will need YEARS to finish it all, but that's okay - I love working outside.

07300503-front-small.jpg

AlleyCat said:
Thanks! I attached a picture of some landscaping we finished last week - it's only a part of a lot of landscaping we're going to be doing. We will need YEARS to finish it all, but that's okay - I love working outside.

07300503-front-small.jpg
Nice. I like landscaping that uses curved lines.

I agree that developing landscaping is long, hard work but it feels good, and the results are worth it. :)

Reba said:
Nice house! I wish I had a third garage.

Thanks, Reba. My husband wanted a third garage because he wanted to use that part for woodshop. He loves to build things, fix, etc. Your house is beautiful too and ur landscaping is sooo colorful with flowers! Do you put black sheet down first, then add dirt, barks, etc? To keep weeds out. Our landscaping didn't have black sheet underneath, so I had to keep pulling weeds out. yikes! Next spring we plan to re-do landscaping.

I also like your landscaping, AlleyCat

Reba said:
Nice. I like landscaping that uses curved lines.

I agree that developing landscaping is long, hard work but it feels good, and the results are worth it. :)

Yes, it's true... but it's worth when you are proud to make your garden pretty and imageable...

Defee said:
Whoooaaaa, Liebling...I love your huge house!! just gorgeous in summer and
winter!! Lucky you!!!!
Liza!! I love your house too...7 bedrooms!! HOly CoW! girl!! You gonna have to start a family of...ummm like 5 kiddies...hehehe....just kiddin ya, sweetie..
what a gorgeous view!! *droolin*.........
I just love huge houses.........*sigh*

Thank you :thumb: :hug:

Back