What type of house do you live in?

Here is my house, the only one I have is either has ice or snow. The one with the ice picture, my house is on the right (it was a royal pain to get my car in the driveway with all that ice). The third picture on the right was taken from my front porch.

Attachments

• icy1.jpg
    icy1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 46
  • snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 41
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 37
CODAchild said:
:thumb: What a beautiful setting your apartment complex is in. Good luck and much happiness Sequoias!!!

Thanks...that's a part of the picture and how do u know if that apt complex is in a beautiful setting is in? Have you been to Seattle before? hmmm

pintnight said:
Here is my house, the only one I have is either has ice or snow. The one with the ice picture, my house is on the right (it was a royal pain to get my car in the driveway with all that ice). The third picture on the right was taken from my front porch.

Whoa, it's beautiful in the 2nd pic. it's pretty awsome pic!

The house I live in belongs to my SO, and it has two living rooms, a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a garage on first floor. In the basement, there is a separate apartment unit, which has 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, bathroom. There is also a 4th bedroom downstairs belonging to the upper unit. In the backyard, there is the garden. The views to the mountains are awesome, mostly because there are no trees around here. Here is a picture of the view from the front door:

Attachments

• 130305wasatch.jpg
    130305wasatch.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 43
We bought this bi-level house in July 1998. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, family room, children playroom, laundry room, storage room, hallway, small attic, and double attached garage. Nice front yard and back yard full of children's toys and homemade playground. It was built in 1970's I believe. It still needs a lot of work to look better. :dunno:

pintnight said:
Brrrr! :cold: But beautiful! :)

kuifje75 said:
The house I live in belongs to my SO, and it has two living rooms, a kitchen, 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a garage on first floor. In the basement, there is a separate apartment unit, which has 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, bathroom. There is also a 4th bedroom downstairs belonging to the upper unit. In the backyard, there is the garden. The views to the mountains are awesome, mostly because there are no trees around here. Here is a picture of the view from the front door:
You are right, that is truly an awesome view!

pintnight said:
:wiggle: Pintnight, your house is so beautiful with all the winter scenery around it.

sequoias said:
Thanks...that's a part of the picture and how do u know if that apt complex is in a beautiful setting is in? Have you been to Seattle before? hmmm
:wiggle: My friend Joanne had lived in Seattle, moving from Rhode Island, and she would send me pictures, and each one I found Seattle such a beautiful city.

kuifje75 said:
:wiggle: Wow the house is so pretty, the mountain view is breathtaking!!

Pintnight, nice looking house, ummm, it snows in Ft Worth, Texas?

kuifje75 said:

wow... Very beautiful view.

I like white fence and gate...

pintnight said:

Very interesting to see how your house is... It's really sooo impression....

Liebling:-))) said:
My country house and double garage with large garden was built with our wish design in 1988-89 and then extended wintergarden for 2nd living room and cloakroom and porch in 1999.

All what we have in our house is:

Ground:
Cloakroom
toilet
big kitchen with dining table
dinning room
2 living rooms (wintergarden for 2nd living room)
Study room (Office room)

Basement:
We have 3 rooms for

1. Children playground
2. Hobby room with small room for vegetables/large freezer, homemade foods to cool.
3. Laundry room.

Upstair

3 bedrooms
Bath/Shower/double sink/toilet in bathroom

Attic

For things to keep....

We would NEVER sell that house as long as we are still alive... That house, we work very hard. Why sale.. .No Way...

Thank moderator for move this thread to picture section. :thumb:

Here is the picture of my house/garage

The picture was taken in 1999 after just finish with extension for wintergarden (2nd living room) and porch/cloakroom. You can see the unplaster wintergarden & porch/cloakroom.

The picture was taken on same year in 1999 where the wall plaster of wintergarden & porch/cloackroom done.
This is back of my house & double garage.

The picture was taken in December 2004 - This is front of our house and double garage.

My both cats love to stay out of our open bedroom window to wintergarden roof every morning.

This is front path of our house. (my son left for school at 7.25 am).

We notice that white wall of our house/garage look dirty thru weather situation so we are planning to change color all at once into "Country Tuscan Style" look on our house/garage within few years later. We also made our garden into "Country Tuscan Style" look, too.

I will take picture of my garden and will add here soon.

Liebling,

You have a beautiful home. :D

Can you please describe a wintergarden room and cloakroom for us Americans? Is a cloakroom like an American mudroom? Is one of your living rooms formal and the other one informal (like a family room)?

Here is my other "house" (actually, it is my backyard storage shed that Hubby built, he, he ;) ).

Attachments

• SHED.jpg
    SHED.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 34
Reba said:
Liebling,

You have a beautiful home. :D

Can you please describe a wintergarden room and cloakroom for us Americans? Is a cloakroom like an American mudroom? Is one of your living rooms formal and the other one informal (like a family room)?

Thank you :D

See this wintergarden (extend for 2nd living room in 1999) We used to have terrasse before built it into wintergarden.

I would like to show you the almost similar example of wintergardens but our wintergarden was built with brick and have plenty of windows to bright our room.

http://images.google.at/imgres?imgu...01&tbnw=127&hl=de&start=96&prev=/images?q=win

This wintergarden, we use for our 2nd living room. Our plants & carcuses go in wintergarden. We also have fire place and TV room in wintergarden.

Cloakroom = mudroom... yes.

I like that word "mudroom" :D

We use cloakroom (mudroom) for shoe cabinet, wardrobe for coats/jackets, chest, and open wall hanger for jacket/coat. Go in cloakroom from front door to take coat and shoe off before open other door to go hallway......... We decorate cloakroom as Country Tuscan Style (Italian Style).

I hope my description match your image well. :)

Reba said:
Here is my other "house" (actually, it is my backyard storage shed that Hubby built, he, he ;) ).

It´s really cool... match color of your house...

We have like this at our garden but yours is really nice one... I show your picture to my hubby... ;) He like it.

Liebling:-))) said:
It´s really cool... match color of your house...

We have like this at our garden but yours is really nice one... I show your picture to my hubby... ;) He like it.
Thank you for the descriptions of your rooms. I think your wintergarden room might be called a "sunroom" or "solarium" here.

Our homeowners' association requires that our storage shed match the outside materials of our house. My Hubby made the shed himself. He built it very sturdy, even with hurricane clips to prevent it from blowing away. It has another room with a separate entrance attached on the back. He keeps his work supplies in the back one. We have inside and outside electric lights for the shed.

I tease my Hubby. I say, "if we ever become too poor, we can rent out our house and move into the shed."

Heh heh, Reba - that's certainly a possibility. Beautiful houses everyone has here!!

I bought a house a little over a year ago, and we're still renovating it. It's sort of an upper fixer, with a jungle for a backyard (taming it now!) and a two story shed with one wall that's actually the side of the mountain. 68 year old house, painted with shit brown and faded red paint on the exterior trims. The house is at the footstep of the mountain.

The pie picture is the scenery we see from our patio at the house. The picture with us looking at the houses on the mountain is when I was on the ferry in the fjord. Typical norwegian house.

The little red house is our two story shed next to the house.

Attachments

• pie2.jpg
    pie2.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DCP_1939_JPG.jpg
    DCP_1939_JPG.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 32
  • DCP_1938_JPG.jpg
    DCP_1938_JPG.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DCP_1951_JPG.jpg
    DCP_1951_JPG.jpg