100_2636.jpg

100_2675.jpg

Shoveling ourselves out

100_2679.jpg

100_2683.jpg

Sledding fun on Monday

100_2696.jpg

100_2698.jpg

Did the little bridge ever emerge from the first storm? What a year you are having! We still have our Christmas snow here. Getting another 10" tonight and tomorrow.

Did the little bridge ever emerge from the first storm? What a year you are having! We still have our Christmas snow here. Getting another 10" tonight and tomorrow.

The first snow all melted the weekend after Dec 18th with 5 inches of rain washing it all away.

You see on the right side of my house in the pic of my house...that is where the little bridge is. Probably a foot of snow on top of it!

The first snow all melted the weekend after Dec 18th with 5 inches of rain washing it all away.
Wow, that would have made a mess of the roads. Amazing year for that area. What is the season total?
Move to Minnesota. We average about 53" a year, but we have better road crews. :wave:

Wow, that would have made a mess of the roads. Amazing year for that area. What is the season total?
Move to Minnesota. We average about 53" a year, but we have better road crews. :wave:

So far it is around 60 inches with another 10 to 20 more coming tmw and Wed.

So far it is around 60 inches with another 10 to 20 more coming tmw and Wed.
WOW! I think the all time record for a year here in Minneapolis area is 93 inches. Good thing it melts fast. We are feeling like moles when we drive. Tunnels instead of roads. Peeking into an intersection before we can go.

Lots of snow for a lowland coastal suburb there.

the mountains here average like 400-600 inches a year, depending where and elevation...with around 80 to over 200 inches on the ground, it melts away by late spring to early summer except up very high elevations are permanent.

Great pictures!! your kiddos look like they were having a ball. ;) lucky you and your silly hubby that you both dont work today. :mad2:

Wow... definitely like the picture of the snow way that leads to your house... :giggle: Showed the pic to my friend and she was like :shock:

Wow, cool pictures... seeing the pictures do make me miss the snow.

We are getting ready for round 2 starting today. Oh boy..hope the roof doesnt collapse because the snow up there is heavier from melting and refreezing for a few days.

We are getting ready for round 2 starting today. Oh boy..hope the roof doesnt collapse because the snow up there is heavier from melting and refreezing for a few days.

Oh yeah. can you put the ladder and sweep them off as much as you can????? we have gutter problem when the major icy are all over it. I have to get rid of the icys preventing from break the roof at the end. :shock:

Oh yeah. can you put the ladder and sweep them off as much as you can????? we have gutter problem when the major icy are all over it. I have to get rid of the icys preventing from break the roof at the end. :shock:

We dont have a ladder tall enough to get to the roof and getting up there would be dangerous due to the ice on it.

Back