Proof of Near-Death Experiences?

I dont really mind if you feel you're the final authority on what is and what isn't. I don't have the energy or interest to convince anyone of anything but linking me or my beliefs to being the cause of so many deaths is a little far out, it's really inaccurate.
Just because a mental health professional might agree with me, and some do, doesn't mean they're going to start boring holes into people's heads, lol. As a matter of fact they might save a liver from being inundated with the pharmeceutical company's agenda, with my outlook of probing spiritual links.

Of course the heart is directly connected to the brain. Without such a connection, the heart would cease to beat. The brain controls autonomic functions. Hence, brain death, heart ceases to beat.

However, the purpose of the heart is to circulate oxygen enriched blood throughout the body, allowing tissues and organs to remain viable and functioning. It does not store memory.

The anecdote about transplant recipients taking on the behaviors of the donor are just that. Anecdote. Behavior is determined through conditioning and past experience, with a large dose of innate personality characteristics thrown in, not by the heart.

Thank heaven the mental health professionals disagree with your etiology of mental illness. Otherwise, we would be reduced to the days of trephining and be guilty of killing millions of people needlessly.

I dont really mind if you feel you're the final authority on what is and what isn't. I don't have the energy or interest to convince anyone of anything but linking me or my beliefs to being the cause of so many deaths is a little far out, it's really inaccurate.
Just because a mental health professional might agree with me, and some do, doesn't mean they're going to start boring holes into people's heads, lol. As a matter of fact they might save a liver from being inundated with the pharmeceutical company's agenda, with my outlook of probing spiritual links.

And your outlook of probing spiritual links could very well result in the death of a mentally ill person who did not have to die had they received proper and valid treatment.

I'm not linking your beliefs to the death of millions. History has already done that for me.

I think you've completely distorted my beliefs. Being sensitive to the unseen has nothing to do with killing millions (or killing at all) OR depriving anyone of treatment OR skull boring.

Uh, yes, it has been concretely defined. Might want to use a source other than Wiki.

I like wikipedia because there are sources at the bottom. Those sources have all provided widely varying definitions of consciousness. All of them claim that "they" specifically have defined it, or presented evidence for possible definitions. Since those definitions don't match up, I don't say how it can have been "concretely" defined. If you have a different source that says otherwise, I'd love to see it. :)

I think you've completely distorted my beliefs. Being sensitive to the unseen has nothing to do with killing millions (or killing at all) OR depriving anyone of treatment OR skull boring.

I'm referring to your statement that reads:

and I'm still a freak because I do think often times mental illness is a case of spirits, or actually a person's sensitivity to spirits.

No way to distort that.

If that is not what you meant, it is not a case of your beliefs being distorted, but of you being unclear in explaining your beliefs.

And the specific belief that is stated in your quote above can and is linked historically not just to the death of millions, but the torture of millions more.

I like wikipedia because there are sources at the bottom. Those sources have all provided widely varying definitions of consciousness. All of them claim that "they" specifically have defined it, or presented evidence for possible definitions. Since those definitions don't match up, I don't say how it can have been "concretely" defined. If you have a different source that says otherwise, I'd love to see it. :)

Let's see, you could use a medical dictionary, as cosciousness is a neurological concept. You could use a cognitive or clinical psychology text, as the function of consciousness is also a neurological and psychological concept. You could use a biology text, as consciousness is a biological concept. Those should get you started.

When you die, do the time stop or does it fly by fast?

I have a theory, when you die, you are born in a different world, possibly a mirror world, and you grew to be a great hunter, but then all of sudden, you woke up with a huge headache, could it be real or just a dream?

When you die, do the time stop or does it fly by fast?

I have a theory, when you die, you are born in a different world, possibly a mirror world, and you grew to be a great hunter, but then all of sudden, you woke up with a huge headache, could it be real or just a dream?

That isn't a theory. It is a hypothesis. Find empirical data to support that, and it will become a theory.

That isn't a theory. It is a hypothesis. Find empirical data to support that, and it will become a theory.

A man went into a coma for 3 years, he woke up and said, wow, what a sleep.

Or

A man blacked out for few seconds and thought he slept through everything.

Don't need data, it's actually common.

Interesting that you couldn't bother to include my entire sentence in bold face print as well you managed to eliminated the very word I emphasized with italics "sensitivity".

I call that distortion.

Back