OUResearchstudy

Disappointed? You should be THRILLED to have 5 people. Do you have any idea how often this happens here? Did you think your idea to post in AD is original? We get several of these a week during the school year. They all start the same; "I just want to ask a few questions, complete a survey, etc." I assume, given your age, that you have participated in online MMORPG. Can you imagine taking time out from WOW to answer questions on why you are there, what is it like to drink 36 Mountain Dews in a day while playing your game? And you get asked this 5 times a week from various sources? Would you perk right up because someone did this?

You are polite enough, as most of them are. It is a tiring situation for us. Bear that in mind when you see only a few participants to your link. There is no pot of gold for us. You are the sole beneficiary, along with your team of other students. If you try to tell me the deaf will someday benefit from your assignment, realize we have heard that several times a week as well.

Same crap, different person. Sorry.

FYI we have emailed over 200 schools to get participants, i just figured we could get quicker responses if we went to forums. We are not trying to upset anyone, no one is being forced to participate. We have learn alot in the 3 days we been on this site.
Thanks for all the comments.

FYI we have emailed over 200 schools to get participants, i just figured we could get quicker responses if we went to forums. We are not trying to upset anyone, no one is being forced to participate. We have learn alot in the 3 days we been on this site.

I wish you good luck. Sorry that some of us have become so jaded.

Hmm. You have responded much better than most of the countless people who question/survey us.

As a reward, I participated in your study.

Unfortunately, I am not fluent in ASL, so I probably skewed your data. Sorry.. I was curious about it.

We are just trying to do a research study, we are not promising anything. But history shows that research does lead to alot of changes in our world of today. So why not help people become more educated. Education and knowledge benifits all who seek and help seek to it. So be apart of history

Please look at post #53! You are not going to get accurate information about the interest in CC when you leave out all of us that do not use ASL at all or do not know it well!

Jane, I wouldn't be so concerned about this study. They are undergraduates learning how to do a study, but this is obviously not a serious study that will affect social policy. The reasons are that the students told us what the purpose of the study is before anyone participated, and the people being studied are self-selected and not random.

I'm pretty sure that most decision makers don't base their decisions on those kind of studies.

For studies that do affect social policies, people being tested or studied are not suppose to know the purpose of the study and they should be selected randomly.

Hmm. You have responded much better than most of the countless people who question/survey us.

As a reward, I participated in your study.

Unfortunately, I am not fluent in ASL, so I probably skewed your data. Sorry.. I was curious about it.

Yes, we knew you would skew it. Yessssss. Precioussssssss data. Skewed.

107vvj6.jpg

Please look at post #53! You are not going to get accurate information about the interest in CC when you leave out all of us that do not use ASL at all or do not know it well!

The way that our study is set up is we are comparing subjects between the two quizes and against the rest of the subjects. So it is essential that the participant is able to understand ASL. We are trying to see which one allows for better comprehension.

It was because of this comment that I decided to find a computer where I could take your quiz. Most people come here complain and leave. you stuck around and learned. I respect that. Thank you.

I don't know why so many had a problem with this. It was so fun I did it 4 times.

Interesting phrasing though. Although I have heard it called OU, I have never heard The University of Oklahoma called Oklahoma University.

Back