Old & NewTestament vs Book of Mormon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling Rocky92620 doesn't have the accurate info on Mormons.

I was born and raised a Mormon and have a pretty good understanding of what it is all about.

Someone mentioned coffee earlier in this thread. The Mormons have this health code to follow called "Word of Wisdom." The Word of Wisdom was established to make sure Mormons have a health guideline to follow.

This is me talking from my point of view, not the Mormon Church, what I think about Word of Wisdom. It is all about balance and moderation in things you do, eat, drink or consume. If you eat little, you'll starve. If you eat too much, you'll get fat. If you sleep too much, you feel "out of whack". If you don't sleep enough, you feel like you're going to drop dead. If you're addicted to computers, your kids or spouse is neglected. If you're not using computers, your friends fall out of touch with you. If you eat healthy, you'll have a good life. If you eat junk food, you'll feel like crap for a long time.

Yeah I got the feeling about him too.

Anyway, thank you for the information about the "Word of Wisdom". My friend kept telling me that I shouldn't smoke, shouldn't drink the soda, etc etc because of the Word of Wisdom, I usually don't understand my friend, but now I understand. :)

Yeah I got the feeling about him too.

Anyway, thank you for the information about the "Word of Wisdom". My friend kept telling me that I shouldn't smoke, shouldn't drink the soda, etc etc because of the Word of Wisdom, I usually don't understand my friend, but now I understand. :)

Also, Mormons are supposed to respect other people's choices as well. Smoking is bad for your health, but it is your choice whether you continue to smoke or not. I have had some run-ins with a few Mormons who were overzealous in their beliefs that they forgot what a Mormon is supposed to be. So, I hope you all keep in mind there are going to be good Mormons and bad Mormons just the same as there are good Catholics and bad Catholics, or good Lutherans and bad Lutherans, or so on..

o_o

I didn't see any that Deaf258 broke the rule.. She just quit the arguing with you.

No, it is his PM note he sent to me. He broke the rules. It's a he, fyi.

Also, Mormons are supposed to respect other people's choices as well. Smoking is bad for your health, but it is your choice whether you continue to smoke or not. I have had some run-ins with a few Mormons who were overzealous in their beliefs that they forgot what a Mormon is supposed to be. So, I hope you all keep in mind there are going to be good Mormons and bad Mormons just the same as there are good Catholics and bad Catholics, or good Lutherans and bad Lutherans, or so on..

Yupp I am with you. There is some bad people, some good people. It's the world, the reality.

No, it is his PM note he sent to me. He broke the rules. It's a he, fyi.

Oh sorry, Deaf258, I will keep that in my mind it's a "he".

And allright I will stay out of the business.

I have a few questions to Rocky, You believe in Jesus but not God? Who is Jesus to you, May I ask? What do you know about Jesus, His life, his practice everything? :)

That reminds me. Mormons believe in Heavenly Father (God), Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are 3 holy beings working together as one.

ALL 2/3 good and ALL 1/3 bad (demon) are 1/3 demon attack
all religions and all politics on Earth from 1/3 demon (Satan/Lucific)
cast out from Pre-Heaven.

//Bro Ormond
PS King Saddam (Iraq) was bad,
Queen Elizabeth (England) are good.
Maybe (deaf) King Jordan are bad,
maybe (deaf) King Ormond (I'm) are good.

ALL 2/3 good and ALL 1/3 bad (demon) are 1/3 demon attack
all religions and all politics on Earth from 1/3 demon (Satan/Lucific)
cast out from Heaven.

//Bro Ormond

Where does that come from, please name your source?

Mormonism

Key Person or Founder, Date, Location:
Joseph Smith, Jr ( 1805-1844 ), founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ( LDS ) in 1830 in New York.
Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Key Writings:
The Book of Mormon; Doctrine and Covenants; Pearl of Great Price; the Bible ( King James Version only or Smith's " Inspired Version " ); authoritative teachings of Mormon prophets and other LDS " general authorities. "

Who is God ?
God the Father was once a man, but " progressed " to godhood. He has a physical body, as does his wife ( Heavenly Mother ). No Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate gods. Worthy men may one day become gods themselves.

Who is Jesus ?
Jesus is a separate god from the Father ( Elohim ). He was created as a spirit child by the Father and Mother in Heaven, and is the " elder brother " of all men and spirit beings. His body was created through sexual union between Elohim and Mary. Jesus was married. His death on the cross does not provide full atonement for all sin, but does provide everyone with resurrection.

Who is the Holy Spirit ?
The " holy spirit " is different from the " Holy Ghost. " The " holy spirit " is not God, but is an influence or electricity-like emanation from God ( or " light of Christ " ).

How to be Saved
Resurrected by grace, but saved ( exalted to godhood ) by works, includin' faithfulness to church leaders, Mormon baptism, tithing, ordination, marriage, and secret temple rituals. No eternal life without Mormon membership.

What Happens after Death
Eventually nearly everyone goes to one of three separate heavenly " kingdoms, " with some achieving godhood. Apostates and murderers go to " outer darkness."

Other facts, beliefs, or practices
No alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or tea. Baptism on behalf of the dead. Two-year missionary commitment encouraged. Door-to-door proselytizing. Secret temple rituals available only to members in good standing. Extensive social network. People of African ancestry were not granted full access to Mormon priesthood and privileges until 1978.

Mormonism

Key Person or Founder, Date, Location:
Joseph Smith, Jr ( 1805-1844 ), founded the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ( LDS ) in 1830 in New York.
Headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Key Writings:
The Book of Mormon; Doctrine and Covenants; Pearl of Great Price; the Bible ( King James Version only or Smith's " Inspired Version " ); authoritative teachings of Mormon prophets and other LDS " general authorities. "

Who is God ?
God the Father was once a man, but " progressed " to godhood. He has a physical body, as does his wife ( Heavenly Mother ). No Trinity. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate gods. Worthy men may one day become gods themselves.

Who is Jesus ?
Jesus is a separate god from the Father ( Elohim ). He was created as a spirit child by the Father and Mother in Heaven, and is the " elder brother " of all men and spirit beings. His body was created through sexual union between Elohim and Mary. Jesus was married. His death on the cross does not provide full atonement for all sin, but does provide everyone with resurrection.

Who is the Holy Spirit ?
The " holy spirit " is different from the " Holy Ghost. " The " holy spirit " is not God, but is an influence or electricity-like emanation from God ( or " light of Christ " ).

How to be Saved
Resurrected by grace, but saved ( exalted to godhood ) by works, includin' faithfulness to church leaders, Mormon baptism, tithing, ordination, marriage, and secret temple rituals. No eternal life without Mormon membership.

What Happens after Death
Eventually nearly everyone goes to one of three separate heavenly " kingdoms, " with some achieving godhood. Apostates and murderers go to " outer darkness."

Other facts, beliefs, or practices
No alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or tea. Baptism on behalf of the dead. Two-year missionary commitment encouraged. Door-to-door proselytizing. Secret temple rituals available only to members in good standing. Extensive social network. People of African ancestry were not granted full access to Mormon priesthood and privileges until 1978.

Mormon don't believe Trinity?
yes, because I think NO proof all in Bible (KJV) scripture! "Trinity"

Pastor? no found Bible!
Minister? no found Bible!
Baptist Church? no found Bible! but found "Saints"
Born-Again? yes but misunderstand word Bible.
John 3:16? bored Bible one think scripture over and over.
so on..

//Bro Ormond

Well, it's true that they don't believe in " Trinity " .......

Mormons believe in Heavenly Father (God), Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are 3 holy beings working together as one.

That's right. Someone can't read.

In the King James Bible where Jesus was being baptized by John, that is the proof there are 3 holy beings.

You're not making any sense. Can you expand more on that please?

YOU can't proof Bible alway
Yourself pray inspire, God will help
and gave truth word your life then read Bible and
Book of Mormon too.

NO game or argue discuss about God.

because Heaven War at your heart!

because don't be lie with you!

YOUR Heaven Father / Jesus Christ will
tell truth with you!
if you have faith and pray inspired
with Lord Jesus and Heaven Father.

Amen!

//Bro Ormond

I will let others to research about Mormonism themselves and they will find the truth. ;)

I have a couple of Mormon friends who came to see me. They told me about their beliefs. They told me that they believe that there's 3 faces, not in one person as Trinity. They DON'T BELIEVE in Trinity meaning the Father, the Holy Spirit, and the Son are IN one. And, yes I can read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back