old grave

This is Titanic cemetery that I seen in Halifax such as this one.

Titanic%20Graves.jpg

There is 121 victims of the Titanic are interred in Fairview Lawn Cemetery located in Halifax. One of several ships were dispatched to recover the bodies in the vicinity of the sinking and brought it back to Halifax for burial. I believe some are unable to be identified there.

how intresting,how many titanic victims are buried there

naughty riding bike in cemetary..
i got one near me really lovely i walk through it look at war graves 19yr old boys who if not been war would be father/ grandfather instead they sons.
saw woman once letting her dog pee on one graves stones (which often happens my ) i angery her lack of respect,then she told us it was her husbands grave dog peeing on not lot you can say to that
You were right, and the wife apparently was glad to see the husband go.

There is 121 victims of the Titanic are interred in Fairview Lawn Cemetery located in Halifax. One of several ships were dispatched to recover the bodies in the vicinity of the sinking and brought it back to Halifax for burial. I believe some are unable to be identified there.
Interesting.

There are older stones in the back, you can see some mixed in with the newer stones I guess plots that weren't used or lost over time? One day I will walk to the back, you can see them from the street but cant make them out, some dating back to 1700's or earlier

naughty riding bike in cemetary..

Not true.

Some cemeteries welcome walkers and cyclists who just want to enjoy the place. You have to be respectful, don't buzz by anyone, remember that the place is for people to come and mourn their dead (or have their dog pee on them, depending on their situation) and act accordingly.

I think some cemeteries have problems with vandalism and other crimes, and having people respectfully using the space helps discourage that kind of thing. Too many witnesses.

Not true.

Some cemeteries welcome walkers and cyclists who just want to enjoy the place. You have to be respectful, don't buzz by anyone, remember that the place is for people to come and mourn their dead (or have their dog pee on them, depending on their situation) and act accordingly.

I think some cemeteries have problems with vandalism and other crimes, and having people respectfully using the space helps discourage that kind of thing. Too many witnesses.
Correct, Jefferson Barracks Military Cemetary where my family is buried allow cyclists and Hikers as long as they respect the Cemetary and the Patrons. I have friends who cycle there and do photography, also the place is full of deer so people look for antlers in the woods after hunting/rut season.

Back