old grave

I walked through an old civil war era when I was at Camp Forty Legends, the rain ate the faces off the limestone headstones, you couldn't read them during the day, but at night you shine a light from the top and you could read them plane as day. This was on a November night, clear skies, shine flashlight on ground and turn off and you could see all the glow worms. We slept outdoors, some in bags others in TeePees made by Indians, woke up covered in 2 feet of snow. It was a field trip when we graduated 8th grade... I went to Notre Dame Elementry at the time.

Two of my CT cemetery pictures. I thought this was interesting how the tree grew up around the stone.

When I saw this picture, first thing that popped into my head is "how amazing how life goes on like nothing happened."

Two of my CT cemetery pictures. I thought this was interesting how the tree grew up around the stone.

Very unique! Rare to see anything like that or maybe that is a first!

That is just what I thought when I read this in the newspaper. Some of the grave sites are so old the headstones are falling right into ground.

Who plays catch with a head? I can't get past that. I keep trying to imagine what these kids must be like, on the inside, you know? Maybe no one's home in some ways. I probably shouldn't think about it too much:shock: <-- there aren't enough of these!

We have a grave yard that is mostly of very old headstones , from the
1800's. There are some tombs there where people that had TB where buried.
Some kids broke into a tomb and coffin and took the head out and started playing catch with it. The health department had to close off the grave yard as they did not know there would a health risk of TB , there was no trace of the disease found on the bones . I was glad to hear that was walking Finlay near the park right next to the grave yard when his happen.

oh no, they didn't! crazy!

Who plays catch with a head? I can't get past that. I keep trying to imagine what these kids must be like, on the inside, you know? Maybe no one's home in some ways. I probably shouldn't think about it too much:shock: <-- there aren't enough of these!

Some kids that where in some kind of program for trouble kids had to do community work and they had to help clean up the graveyard. One of the boys was to break into a small tomb that was used for people that dies from TB . The graveyard had headstones from the 1700 to the present .
The skull came from a person that had TB and the health department was worried the bones where still TB is contagious . I understand what you mean , I shocked to and like I said I walked right pass that graveyard after this happen.

My son and I go to visit G-Pa and Great G-Pa ! as well as other relatives buried here..

Attachments

• gpa.jpg
    gpa.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 7
My son and I go to visit G-Pa and Great G-Pa ! as well as other relatives buried here..

I would loves to go my grandfather grave on my dad side but I have no idea where he is buried . I found a web site that help you find grave site but they want $$.

I would loves to go my grandfather grave on my dad side but I have no idea where he is buried . I found a web site that help you find grave site but they want $$.
go to ancestor.com, join for free ...it will give you dates of birth/death and locations.

go to ancestor.com, join for free ...it will give you dates of birth/death and locations.

How do you join for free ? I have used ancestor.com and when I did find something I was told to giver them $$. I think my grandfather is buried in Maryland , my dad hated his dad and would not take my mother to the grave site. My grandfather was buried so long ago his headstone could be fallen apart by now.

This thread reminds me of my favorite songwriter, Johnny Cash. His song 'Ain't No Grave" was made into a video by his fans (I drew a couple of frames in the fan based video):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MIFHLIzZY]Johnny Cash - Ain't No Grave [Official] - YouTube[/ame]

Fan based video
THE JOHNNY CASH PROJECT

There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

When I hear that trumpet sound
I'm gonna rise right out of the ground
Ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

Well, look way down the river
And what do you think I see
I see a band of angels
And they're coming after me

Ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

Well, look down yonder, Gabriel
Put your feet on the land and sea
But Gabriel, don't you blow your trumpet
Until you hear from me

There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
Ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

Well meet me, Jesus, meet me
Meet me in the middle of the air
And if these wings don't fail me,
I will meet you anywhere

Ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

Well meet me, Mother and Father,
Meet me down the river road
And Mama, you know that I'll be there
When I check in my load

Ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down
There ain't no grave
Can hold my body down

I finally took a walk to HomeDepot to get some stuff while working on my house, this is like 3 long blocks to walk ( about a mile ) took these with my cell...Ill get better ones later.

Every restraunt you can name, homeDepot/Lowes, Walmart, Schnucks and so much more in one area, I love that Im close to everything. The other way just a couple blocks from my house is post office, library, and lots more including several parks.

Attachments

• ready 4 drywall 003.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ready 4 drywall 004.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 004.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3
  • ready 4 drywall 005.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 005.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ready 4 drywall 006.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 006.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3
  • ready 4 drywall 007.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 007.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ready 4 drywall 008.jpg
    ready 4 drywall 008.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2
naughty riding bike in cemetary..
i got one near me really lovely i walk through it look at war graves 19yr old boys who if not been war would be father/ grandfather instead they sons.
saw woman once letting her dog pee on one graves stones (which often happens my ) i angery her lack of respect,then she told us it was her husbands grave dog peeing on not lot you can say to that

Back