My GPS was stolen

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: I hate it when people steal things that doesn't belong to them. :mad:

Sequoias and JClarke-- Why are you giving Chevy such a hard time about a map? If Chevy prefers GPS, that's his choice.

Last friday, a friend of mine got his bmw right window damaged due to stealing gps right outside of gallaudet campus.

Ouch... that sucks.

It seems that people are so obsessed with GPS units. I have no need for one myself though. :)

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: I hate it when people steal things that doesn't belong to them. :mad:

Sequoias and JClarke-- Why are you giving Chevy such a hard time about a map? If Chevy prefers GPS, that's his choice.

Then report the mod about me and Jclarke. It's not your job to tell us what to do in a forum. It is our opinion to suggest when she has no GPS for a while.

Warning: GPS thieves

Use a friction mount instead of the suction-cup windshield mount most GPS devices ship with. Friction mounts rest on the dashboard instead being attached to the glass, and can be easily hidden under the seat when the car is parked. Plus, there's no revealing ring on the windshield to tip off thieves.

If you do use a windshield mount, remove it when parking the car and wipe off the suction cup smudge.

I'm sorry to hear about this happens. It sounds sucks for someone to break in your car and taken things away.

Then report the mod about me and Jclarke. It's not your job to tell us what to do in a forum. It is our opinion to suggest when she has no GPS for a while.

:scratch: I was not telling you what to do, I asked "Why" and that is a question and I'm entitle to my opinion. Chevy created this thread to tell us the news about his/her car, and his/her car got broken in, the last thing he/she needs is lecturing. And by the way I don't see where Chevy had asked for any suggestions either. :hmm:

Ouch sorry to hear that. I do own just like your and I dont use the section or any type of mount. I just put it on my lap and go from there. When I parked then I hide it well.

I'd be a total idiot to leave my GPS out in plain view.:roll: Someone's always looking for a five finger discount...why make it easier for them?

I am sorry about that. Yea, GPS is a popular item for theives to steal.

Stupid thieves are such immature!! When we get GPS, we'll take it with us no matter what...I don't trust nobody these days!

I am sorry about that, hopefully the insurance will cover it for you..

I wish there is a way to track GPS device when it's activate and show to identify through serial number or something like mobile phone with GPS. So, police would able to track and arrest. Or add in the package to engage for better target?

I hope that insurance might cover to pay me for new GPS or not.

be aware that by contacting them to cover the damage.... expect a price hike on your coverage

I wish there is a way to track GPS device when it's activate and show to identify through serial number or something like mobile phone with GPS. So, police would able to track and arrest. Or add in the package to engage for better target?

Yes, I wish that.

I had discussed with my agent of my auto insurance today. Comprehensive deductible on my car is $250. I spoke with Auto Glass Repair service and it would cost $293 + tax to repair. I think that I would probably not submit the claim and just handle the repair on your own. This would maintain the claims-free discount on your auto policy. Also, Garmin GPS unit is not covered by my auto insurance, unfortunately. I m not worth about my insurance. I would pay for for glass repair expense. :(

I had discussed with my agent of my auto insurance today. Comprehensive deductible on my car is $250. I spoke with Auto Glass Repair service and it would cost $293 + tax to repair. I think that I would probably not submit the claim and just handle the repair on your own. This would maintain the claims-free discount on your auto policy. Also, Garmin GPS unit is not covered by my auto insurance, unfortunately. I m not worth about my insurance. I would pay for for glass repair expense. :(

Too bad. I am sorry you didn't have coverage. Maybe someone will give you a new GPS for Christmas.

Aww Jeez! I dislike people who steal someone's things! :( Sorry about that!

Back