Money Color Changes....

Originally posted by wickedeyed
rainbow pride!
Eh? Coming out of the closet already?

Nah - I don't think it will happen. We will be headin' towards cashless society. We will never see green dollars again nor credit cards.

i am in canada and I got american money the other day (we do except it) and it did seem to have slight difference in colour between the different denominations.

Canadian money is different colours and makes it easy for us lol. 100- brown 20 - green 10.00 - purple 5.00 - blue its pretty money

Just thought I would share :)

Y said:
Color change to $20 bills imminent

20_BILL_NEW_COLORS.JPG

The federal government will unveil a new $20 bill that will introduce a predominant but subtle color into the background, marking the first time in modern history that a U.S. bill will feature a color other than green.

http://money.cnn.com/2003/03/05/news/money/index.htm

Ooooooh, pretty!!!

Canada has always had colored currency. Here's a sampling :

currency.jpg

hey
20 dollar bill did get color it looked like green and yellow mix in the paper

sure be very interested if each dollar bill like $1 $5 $10 $20 and $100 each have their own color

I think it cool that you have monopoly game to play with. Our Euro money is shite and boring!!! :cheers:

VamPyroX said:
Yes, it did happen. The $20 has a shade of various colors in the background.

You're right - It did happen but however it did not happen in the exact way with each dollar having it's own color. So you could say it's a moot point.

I'd get too confused using all green money, it's hard to know what's what just by opening your purse, up in Canada you open your purse and you know the blue colour is the 5 dollar bill and the green one is a twenty, and I think the purple one is a ten dollar bill and it makes it so much less complicated!

I did remember being in the US years ago as a kid and handing a teller a $2.00 bill, and she just looked at us like it was some prank or something, but we got that $2.00 from the bank before we went down to Darrin Lake in Buffalo!

Colored money is something the States should of had for years now!

Dannie said:
I'd get too confused using all green money, it's hard to know what's what just by opening your purse, up in Canada you open your purse and you know the blue colour is the 5 dollar bill and the green one is a twenty, and I think the purple one is a ten dollar bill and it makes it so much less complicated!

I did remember being in the US years ago as a kid and handing a teller a $2.00 bill, and she just looked at us like it was some prank or something, but we got that $2.00 from the bank before we went down to Darrin Lake in Buffalo!

Colored money is something the States should of had for years now!

We do have $2 bills but it is rarer and harder to find.

Back