Matador / Bullfight goes horribly wrong - ***GRAPHIC IMAGE TRIGGER ALERT***

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Not exactly news as it doesn't change much in the world.. but not for the faint of heart to see this either.

Julio Aparicio, a matador in Spain gets gored in one of the worst ways possible. During his performance, a bull gets the better of him..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b9hw8hl3vk[/ame]

r25n51.jpg

Image caption: That's not a cigar coming out from his mouth.

Julio Aparicio sufre una cornada muy grave en Las Ventas (Spanish article, video, extra detailed photos)

English viral: Link

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not feel sorry for the Matador! He chose to get in the pen with the bull , the bull was there against it will! It horrible what is done to the poor bulls!

I agree. The matador died the way he chose to live.

The bull didn't have much choice in the matter.

Don't think he's dead yet from what it mentioned, I think he's in critical condition and will probably need to find alternatives to moving on in his life.

How 'bout look at it this way. Looks like the possibility of a +1 to the sign language population as a result of that incident.
1zh1yyt.jpg

Oh snaaaap! Pretty gorey, but the matador is not getting much sympathy from me. Bullfighting is barbaric. If you're gonna participate, be prepared to pay the price.

gosh. Please keep update about this to see if matador is alive and tell his experience about it.

Damn! :shock: You're looking at a 150 lb human vs a 1800 to 2000 lb bull....

It is an (in)voluntary part of their culture, I think. I am not well versed in Spanish lifestyle but I think the reason they do this is a ritual as much as it is a sport.

Kind of similar to how the superbowl is to the Americans, omitting the fact that an animal is slain.

Do you think that the Spanish should fix the habits in their culture?

Actually, it's not a very popular part of the culture, and many people in Spain and Portugal want to see it banned, or at least the style of fighting where the bull is killed. There are several other styles of bullfighting in which the bull is not physically harmed. I would have no problem with those.

Ouch!!

He is expected to live. Wonders if he will try that again.....

other youtube video
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge_WQZ2hgGk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Back