Is being mean and depressed related to being fat?

When I am depressed about something, I normally would pig out :laugh2: but most of the time, I wouldn't eat at all....but, I think it is depending on each person....I do notice that a few people would become depressed and gain the weight and changed their attitdude by becoming meaner...I hope I am not one of them! :naughty:

Deaf258 said:
I wish there was a health forum to post this, but it'll go on general discussions for now.

I have noticed when people gain weight, they get more depressed and meaner to other people they used to be friends with. I think it has to do with the lack of self-confidence and self-respect. I know I used to be mean to others last year because I was a little overweight and depressed. Ever since I have been going to a doctor for a year now, I lost some weight and now being depressed less often. I also noticed that I don't crave for sweets like I used to.

So, do you think being depressed and mean related to gaining weight?

With some people, maybe, but I think that some people are just sour and have lousy dispositions. It's the way they are, and they would be that way regardless of what they weighed. But, that's just my opinion....I think a person dictates his or her own happiness to a certain extent. It's up to them how they view the world, and it's up to them, to change that viewpoint. That's my two cents... :)

Back