super1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 11
  • super2.jpg
    super2.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 12
  • super3.jpg
    super3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
Nothing wrong. I talk about turbochargers everywhere all over AD. Turbochargers rocks!!
Turbochargers are hidden under the hood like sissys, Stuffers are mean and aggressive !!!!! lol
You know Im just pushing your buttons right dereksbicycles...lol:laugh2:

Turbochargers are hidden under the hood like sissys, Stuffers are mean and aggressive !!!!! lol
You know Im just pushing your buttons right dereksbicycles...lol:laugh2:

Of course!! I know :). Maybe more people should go for stuffers and less turbos :)

Turbochargers these days are so much better and much more reliable. I am currently looking at compact cars, as my 10 year old Honda will be my daughter's commuter in about a year. The Chevy Cruze's 1.4L has a turbo, and gets nearly 40MPG on the highway. Kia's new 2014 Forte SX has a turbo as well.

Want a supercharger? I think Ford has them in their big-ass diesels....can't remember.

Turbochargers these days are so much better and much more reliable. I am currently looking at compact cars, as my 10 year old Honda will be my daughter's commuter in about a year. The Chevy Cruze's 1.4L has a turbo, and gets nearly 40MPG on the highway. Kia's new 2014 Forte SX has a turbo as well.

Want a supercharger? I think Ford has them in their big-ass diesels....can't remember.

Yes they do, but stuffers are so much more manly and macho sticking out of the hoods, more dominant looking and meaner stance.
Im more of an old school type 1930-1970's guy

As for street driving, it's illegal in California. Same with custom turbochargers. They are allowed on off-road (racing tracks) and for shows only. Even cold air intakes are illegal for street driving.

over here, we call it blowers, a blown 454 is a supercharged 454...

interesting, never seen it called 'stuffers' before...
its a direct mechanical means of forced induction to the intake...
turbos rely on spent hot gases from exhaust pipes routing into the turbine which drives another set of turbine on other side, with a different sets of blades which 'stuffs' cold air, into the intake. Turbos dont come on from 0 revs to redline, as blowers/stuffers do, they can come in as a bang or as a swoosh from low revs, which is way there's 2 turbos, twin turbos are different..., the idea of 2 turbos was to fight lags, have 1 kick in early , and second to take more as revs highers so even more blowing...

Porsche 930 kicks hard but on higher revs, and that scares some people :giggle:

blowers been around for a looong before turbos

turbos were banned from F1 racing, BMW had the most powerful one back in 1986 it whacked out 1500hp from a mere 1.5 4 pot.

blowers been around for a looong before turbos

turbos were banned from F1 racing, BMW had the most powerful one back in 1986 it whacked out 1500hp from a mere 1.5 4 pot.

Yep I call them blowers as well, Blown 350, 400, 454 and 455
Im a chevy guy mostly but those 289s are awesome too.

Just like in the Matrix movie, "Try not to think of it in terms of right or wrong", it depends on whether you want off the line power or later in the game. The point is moot.

Blowers are later in the game for the long haul... I just like them for their stance, never actally used one, more for the show. A buddy of mine just built a 507 I believe it is , he is a professional racer and motor builder.
This is his motor he forked $15,000 into already.

Attachments

• 426458_579941648697172_1272371223_n.jpg
    426458_579941648697172_1272371223_n.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 6719_581867195171284_130203263_n.jpg
    6719_581867195171284_130203263_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 13
They said they built it tough so, appropriate response! :laugh2:

Yep, I am the owner of big-ass Diesel

And honestly, I wish it don't come in with Turbo!
imgres

Blowers are later in the game for the long haul... I just like them for their stance, never actally used one, more for the show. A buddy of mine just built a 507 I believe it is , he is a professional racer and motor builder.
This is his motor he forked $15,000 into already.

What's the block? A 396, 60 over would be a 408? Or is that the car make, 507 BMW?

I'm old school, but, as I understand it, it's risky putting a blower on a big block.

What's the block? A 396, 60 over would be a 408? Or is that the car make, 507 BMW?

I'm old school, but, as I understand it, it's risky putting a blower on a big block.

why??
look they do this ALL the TIME, for drag racing, so how can it be risky?
hell they even use NITRO, and METHONOL as extras...

why??
look they do this ALL the TIME, for drag racing, so how can it be risky?
hell they even use NITRO, and METHONOL as extras...

I haven't built engines in years. During the time I was doing my GTO, another guy in my town had a non-street-legal Pontaic Lemans. His car had a 455 with a blower, NOS and wheelie bars. The 455 is not a good block to blow out because the force of the blower/NOS or anything else can drop the crank shaft in the street(This is why most custom builders at the time used 327's instead). I believe the main issue was the torque difference between the different blocks.

You can build anything if you have the right setup, the question isn't that you can build it, it's why you are building it.

Back