Have you ever had a butterfly land on your finger?

ChicagoBlue2

Veteran Traveler
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had that happen once; it was a tired butterfly, and looking for a place to rest, so I offered a finger, and it accepted, and it rested. It was a bright yellow butterfly, and beautiful.

At Marine World Amusement park they have a butterfly exhibit. When you go in butterflies land all over you. I think their really pretty too.

I also found out that butterflies are considered deaf which is kind of cool.

Sometimes when I go to a park I see a butterfly and they somehow flock to me and like rest on me :D

At Marine World Amusement park they have a butterfly exhibit. When you go in butterflies land all over you. I think their really pretty too.

I also found out that butterflies are considered deaf which is kind of cool.

May I ask where that is? I know IL has a place for butterflies, but not sure if it's that or not?

68029_original.gif

I had a butterfly land on me. I was home recovering from the flu when I was in grade school and it flew by and landed on me, I think it was my hand. I was delighted, and the next day I was completely well, so I said that the butterfly brought me good luck and cured me. I named it "Jimmy."

Laura

I had a butterfly land on me. I was home recovering from the flu when I was in grade school and it flew by and landed on me, I think it was my hand. I was delighted, and the next day I was completely well, so I said that the butterfly brought me good luck and cured me. I named it "Jimmy."

Laura

That's an awesome story. I like that.

had a Monarch landed on my hand once when i was a little boy (forgot how old, probably 7 or 8 or 9, so long ago now)...it stay me for quite long time, more than few seconds, i tried pat it, it fluttered then flew away...quite magical at the time, like i felt butterfly was saying "hello' from fairy land or something ..you know how a young child might think.....and it was sunny, calm morning i think i was standing still waiting,,,,i can't remember what it was...

had a Monarch landed on my hand once when i was a little boy (forgot how old, probably 7 or 8 or 9, so long ago now)...it stay me for quite long time, more than few seconds, i tried pat it, it fluttered then flew away...quite magical at the time, like i felt butterfly was saying "hello' from fairy land or something ..you know how a young child might think.....and it was sunny, calm morning i think i was standing still waiting,,,,i can't remember what it was...

Magical time indeed. The one I met stayed with me until the CTA bus came.

I had a butterfly land on me but it was not my finger , I can't recall what it looked liked as it was so long ago. I was walking on a mountain road in
Northern , California and I sat down to rest for a second and I guess the butterfly had the same idea . It stay for me for a few second to rest and it was very company .

That's nice I can't remember if a butterfly has ever landed on me. I had a bird poop on my shoe once.

Can I suggest you think a bit about where a good place is to start threads? We have several subforum. For instance this is the Pics and Videos section.....and your post has neither. Just making a suggestion.

True or False...Butterflies live for only 1 Day?....

That would depend if it got eaten by a bird or something. A butterfly can live longer than a day.

ambrosia, I once had bird poop right on the back of my coat as I was going to a meeting for work. My boss told me that was " good luck when a bird poop on you."

It did not feel lucky to me as I had to wash the poop off my coat and I would say the bird ate a good size lunch looking at my coat.

I've had both butterflies and lady bugs land on me......

Back