Guess this city

coloravalanche said:
Do you have more game for us? :D I love challenges..:D

Yea, sure...

Taylor said:
There are plenty of white families in PG County...and like any other place, its a matter of where in the county you are. PG has a lot of minority families than surrounding counties (including hispanics, etc). PG County is a pretty violent county, depending on where you go. Most of that crime happens is closer to the DC side, such as inside of the beltway. Just yesterday I was shopping for some furniture and a place called Marlo was having a huge sale. I went there and out of the dozens of people in the store, I was the only white person. With that said, all of the other shoppers were nicely dressed and polite and did not give the impression that you were in one of the worst areas in PG County. In fact, I felt that I would rather shop there than in the area I live in.

As for families moving out of DC, that very well could be the case. While PG has its downfalls, there are some nice areas so I'm not surprised that people are getting tired of DC and its government and moving out. Montgomery County is one of the nicer counties in Maryland, but it has its problems too. In fact, I believe that Montgomery has more gang crime then that of PG. Many people are moving out of DC into montgomery as well, but montgomery is one of the more expensive places to live so it would make sense for them to go to place where the cost of living isn't so high, such as PG ;)

I'm not sure why this type of conversation would come up in this thread since we are discussing pictures of a place in southern cali.

I have been through these two counties before and there is a considerable Mexican presence there and alots of Mexicans both legal residents and illegal aliens are working and living in Washinton DC and the surrounding counties. That may be why TrippLA was asking also if he wanted to go to Gallaudet University but did not want to live on campus because it is in a black neighborhood and he naturally would not feel comfortable or welcome there then he would want some place where it is nice and safe to live and is still very strong Latino. I also know that if you are in Washington D.C. itself and you take the subway near the Pentagon City train stop, somewhere close by is a very strong Latino neighborhood ( Puerto Rican, Cubano , Mexican , Salvaradon ) but I am not sure if that would be a very safe neighborhood for a Latino family or an individual Latino wanting to live in a very strong Latino neighborhood with low crime rate as much as possible. It really depends where in Washington D.C. , Virgina and Maryland you go. For myself, I would live in a White neighborhood where there is zero crime rate or almost zero crime rate. If my finanical situation does not allow me to live in a White neighborhood then I would consider living in a Latino neighborhood with the lowest crime rate as much as possible for a while until I get a better job then will be able to move to a White neighborhood. Yes, I agree with Taylor this is alittle off topic but it is your thread.

Heath said:
I have been through these two counties before and there is a considerable Mexican presence there and alots of Mexicans both legal residents and illegal aliens are working and living in Washinton DC and the surrounding counties. That may be why TrippLA was asking also if he wanted to go to Gallaudet University but did not want to live on campus because it is in a black neighborhood and he naturally would not feel comfortable or welcome there then he would want some place where it is nice and safe to live and is still very strong Latino. I also know that if you are in Washington D.C. itself and you take the subway near the Pentagon City train stop, somewhere close by is a very strong Latino neighborhood ( Puerto Rican, Cubano , Mexican , Salvaradon ) but I am not sure if that would be a very safe neighborhood for a Latino family or an individual Latino wanting to live in a very strong Latino neighborhood with low crime rate as much as possible. It really depends where in Washington D.C. , Virgina and Maryland you go. For myself, I would live in a White neighborhood where there is zero crime rate or almost zero crime rate. If my finanical situation does not allow me to live in a White neighborhood then I would consider living in a Latino neighborhood with the lowest crime rate as much as possible for a while until I get a better job then will be able to move to a White neighborhood. Yes, I agree with Taylor this is alittle off topic but it is your thread.

I can careless about neighborhood, that where race are live in. I live in neighborhood that's most latino, and many minority (including white, asians). Crime in my area is low, just like anywhere in San Fernando Valley and less gangs problem, many latino has been live in our area for long time since 1980's. It's kinda odd that many latino live in apartments and many white and asians live in houses and townhouses. Our area is used rural and farmland, plant alot of fruits like orange but sprawl is occured in 1950's and cut some of farmland. Until 1970's, massive new apartments, townhouses, condo and houses are built and land is all gone but some part of old area are demolished and redevelopment. Alot of farmland is located in hills area of SFV with horses, also big ranch.

I will post more guess city thread soon.

Back