Gates: Obama is more analytical than Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly middle class is not affluent, Jiro.
they are certainly not poor either as you claim the majority is. BTW - you forgot that it also said "...middle-class and upper-middle class."

And, it was a tradition for the males in my family. I am a female. :cool2:
:lol: I do have several female friends who do carry on "male" military tradition (one of them is Air Force psychiatrist-to-be). oh well! just saying :cool2:

they are certainly not poor either as you claim the majority is. BTW - you forgot that it also said "...middle-class and upper-middle class."

:lol: I do have several female friends who do carry on "male" military tradition (one of them is Air Force psychiatrist-to-be). oh well! just saying :cool2:

Please show me where I said "poor". I believe the term I used was "less than affluent." Middle class and upper middle class are still less than affluent.

My deceased husband carried on the tradition for my side of the family. He served in both the Army and the Navy. He entered college at the age of 16, graduated pre-med at the age of 20. Entrance into med school required that he be 21. He went into the Navy, came out, went to med school, and then went back into the Army as a captain and a physician.

Clinton and Lincoln didnt serve in the military, didnt they? They turned out to be great leaders...

In beginning of Civil War, Lincoln had many problems with military and had to replace some high position in military until he met Ulysses Grant who helped him so much.

Clinton did not do anything with military for eight years.

In beginning of Civil War, Lincoln had many problems with military and had to replace some high position in military until he met Ulysses Grant who helped him so much.

Clinton did not do anything with military for eight years.

well - yes Clinton did do something with the military but he was too shy to use it.

:-o omg!! travis's back from dead!!! did somebody bury him at Pet Sematary?? :cold:

Ohhh nooo, you confused Travis with my loving baby chimp (see picture of 2 chimps, I hold in Travis thread... ;)

Obama could join the military but he preferred academia which is mostly theory. His life at Columbia University is full of blurred.

I guess the fact that Obama refused to take a corporate job by serving as a community activist doesn't count for anything?

As for his life at Columbia, what do you mean it was "blurred?" <confused>

...:lol: I do have several female friends who do carry on "male" military tradition (one of them is Air Force psychiatrist-to-be). oh well! just saying :cool2:
Right on! Men aren't the only ones who can carry on traditions. :P

Right on! Men aren't the only ones who can carry on traditions. :P

It is a tradition of public service. That does not only need to be carried on through the military. There are many ways to achieve it.

It is a tradition of public service. That does not only need to be carried on through the military. There are many ways to achieve it.

:)

cop out...... j/k

Not at all. Remember the women from WWII contributing to the war efforts from our shores? (just one example).:P

yes but that's in past and many men were gone to war. Women are now allowed in military, serving in all functions (except front-line combat). In your case - say...... a psychiatrist at veteran hospital. Air Force or Navy uniform would looks nice on you. or maybe very intimidating. :lol:

beside... 3-5 years are not that long. :cool2:

yes but that's in past and many men were gone to war. Women are now allowed in military, serving in all functions (except front-line combat). In your case - say...... a psychiatrist at veteran hospital. Air Force or Navy uniform would looks nice on you. or maybe very intimidating. :lol:

beside... 3-5 years are not that long. :cool2:

A psychiatrist at a veteran's hospital does not have to be a member of the military. In fact, the large majority are civilians.

I happen to have a very good Muslim friend whose husband practices at the local VA hospital. He is not only a civilian, he is Muslim and an immigrant.

A also know 2 social workers employed at the same VA medical complex that have never served in the military, and 3 psychologists employed there who have not served in the military. Go figure.

Please note that I didn't specify military. I was recognizing women for their roles. Trying to be supportive and positive of women....

Please note that I didn't specify military. I was recognizing women for their roles. Trying to be supportive and positive of women....

No, you didn't specify military. However, Jiro did, and your response was to him.

But thank you for your supportive efforts on the behalf of women everywhere.

No, you didn't specify military. However, Jiro did, and your response was to him.
Just a gentle chastisement of his sexism. :)

But thank you for your supportive efforts on the behalf of women everywhere.
I've been trying for decades, ever since I was a 13-year-old newspaper "boy." :lol:

A psychiatrist at a veteran's hospital does not have to be a member of the military. In fact, the large majority are civilians.

I happen to have a very good Muslim friend whose husband practices at the local VA hospital. He is not only a civilian, he is Muslim and an immigrant.

A also know 2 social workers employed at the same VA medical complex that have never served in the military, and 3 psychologists employed there who have not served in the military. Go figure.

yes but I'm just gently nudging you to carry on proud military tradition within your family. Nothing wrong with serving as military psychiatrist.
67726108.1Je0Ivie.salute.gif

just saying. don't worry about it at all :cool2:

Just a gentle chastisement of his sexism. :)

I've been trying for decades, ever since I was a 13-year-old newspaper "boy." :lol:

:lol: And I was a "bat boy" for my brother's baseball team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back