Driver hit 150 mph on 520 bridge

He still reached 130.

I had a Lexus SC 400 in the 90's. That thing would fly too. It was heavy with great balance. You could serve tea at 120.

ah yes yes. The Lexus. Cadillac and Benz can do it too. But.... my point is - those cars I just mentioned cannot match M-series's acceleration, cornering, and braking all together.... as sport luxury sedan car especially at urban setting. Sure there are plenty of cars like Corvette or Dodge Viper that are lot faster than M-series but only if it's straight road. When it comes to cornering and overall at high speed...... forget about it.

Audi did an amazing job catching up to M-series level. Yes you can say Porsche should be on the list but I can't because Porsche is a "super sportcar". Audi and BMW are sport luxury sedan. completely different category.

It's amazingly remarkable that BMW has nearly 50-50 weight distribution. Current BMW M3 coupe is 51.2 (front) /48.8 % (rear).... and Audi S5 is about 60%/40%. Lexus is front-heavy. So are Cadillac and Benz. That's why they cannot beat BMW M-series and that's why BMW M-series held the title as best car by Cars & Drivers for over 6 years. A few years ago - they lost to Audi S-series but it's only because M-series had outdated interior even though the reviewers graded M-series's overall performance as top-notch.... better than Audi.

anyway..... I ramble..... :lol:

yes, BMW M3 are great cars. My boss at Shared Journey races BMWs on the weekends on the racetrack with other racers. :) She owns a red 2 door BMW 3 series, I think. I don't know about the race BMW.

Wow that is pretty cool. I would love to spend a year in Europe.....Gotta find somebody to go.

He's a great guy to hang with. Absolutely funny. Highly intelligent. Been to Europe (continues to go there though), Middle East, Australia, Japan...business trips, y'know. If like Stoli drinks, he's the guy. He does a lot of contracting stuff, too.

He's a great guy to hang with. Absolutely funny. Highly intelligent. Been to Europe (continues to go there though), Middle East, Australia, Japan...business trips, y'know. If like Stoli drinks, he's the guy. He does a lot of contracting stuff, too.

I think I'd like to meet this guy. what kind of contracting stuff? construction?

Yes....I have driven some fast cars that belong to Enterprise also test drove a Subaru WRX STI....BIG difference compared to my encobox. They handle just like on rails, basically.

WRX doesn't even compare to BMW M-series. Just because WRX was in World Rally Championship doesn't really mean a thing in urban setting. Remember - BMW M-series is a sport luxury sedan. keyword - LUXURY.

Yes WRX is fast. awesome. but uncomfortable. unpleasant.

..... and crude :giggle:

WRX doesn't even compare to BMW M-series. Just because WRX was in World Rally Championship doesn't really mean a thing in urban setting. Remember - BMW M-series is a sport luxury sedan. keyword - LUXURY.

Yes WRX is fast. awesome. but uncomfortable. unpleasant.

..... and crude :giggle:

Jiro, I was just setting an example compared to my encobox that's all.

All of you having your panties in a wad over this?

I drove 130+ ... not one mph under from Salina, UT to Green River, UT.

Well, the 5 of us did.

That was one fun drive.

109 miles in around 50 minutes.

This was in a 89 cressida with '98 supra twin turbo motor dropped in. (Yes I put the motor in.)

ah yes yes. The Lexus. Cadillac and Benz can do it too. But.... my point is - those cars I just mentioned cannot match M-series's acceleration, cornering, and braking all together.... as sport luxury sedan car especially at urban setting. Sure there are plenty of cars like Corvette or Dodge Viper that are lot faster than M-series but only if it's straight road. When it comes to cornering and overall at high speed...... forget about it.

Audi did an amazing job catching up to M-series level. Yes you can say Porsche should be on the list but I can't because Porsche is a "super sportcar". Audi and BMW are sport luxury sedan. completely different category.

It's amazingly remarkable that BMW has nearly 50-50 weight distribution. Current BMW M3 coupe is 51.2 (front) /48.8 % (rear).... and Audi S5 is about 60%/40%. Lexus is front-heavy. So are Cadillac and Benz. That's why they cannot beat BMW M-series and that's why BMW M-series held the title as best car by Cars & Drivers for over 6 years. A few years ago - they lost to Audi S-series but it's only because M-series had outdated interior even though the reviewers graded M-series's overall performance as top-notch.... better than Audi.

anyway..... I ramble..... :lol:

Ive drove the M Series, and still prefer the Audi RS Series over the M. But... yea, im from Boulder... A lot of Audi's around here.

All of you having your panties in a wad over this?

I drove 130+ ... not one mph under from Salina, UT to Green River, UT.

Well, the 5 of us did.

That was one fun drive.

109 miles in around 50 minutes.

This was in a 89 cressida with '98 supra twin turbo motor dropped in. (Yes I put the motor in.)

130+ mph for 109 miles without being caught? Sorry, I find it hard to believe. :roll:

Go ahead and check it out.. You'll understand why and fast.

Middle of nowhere, I would guess? Have you forgotten about the police in the planes scanning for cars down below? You never know but you are VERY lucky that u didn't get caught.

Middle of nowhere, I would guess? Have you forgotten about the police in the planes scanning for cars down below? You never know but you are VERY lucky that u didn't get caught.

You're talking to the guy who showed people how someone could abuse SSDI.

That happened towards the end.

Yea I got lucky. But smarts were involved.

Heres the story: I passed the plane. There was five of us. I did not even know who they all were. I was leading.

Once I realized that the plane was the look out for cops, and Green River was coming up .. ~5-8 miles or so..

I slowed down, so did all of us. Saw cops with sirens and shit rushing up on the other side and turned into the mountains between the interstate to access the side we were onto.. But at the time we were going speed limit.

They were following us.. Nothing happened.

Back