Driver hit 150 mph on 520 bridge

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
State Patrol: Driver hit 150 mph on 520 bridge | KOMO News - Breaking News, Sports, Traffic and Weather - Seattle, Washington | News

SEATTLE -- Washington State troopers on Saturday arrested a man who was allegedly speeding across the State Route 520 bridge at more than 135 miles per hour.
Trooper Dan McDonald said Vladislav O. Orlovskii, of Bellevue, was booked into jail for investigation of DUI and reckless driving.

The incident began about 1 a.m. when a trooper spotted Orlovskii's 2008 BMW M6 speeding in the eastbound lanes of SR-520, but the BMW was still quickly pulling away when the trooper reached speeds of 130 mph.

McDonald said the trooper believed the BMW hit about 150 mph while weaving between other cars on the two-lane bridge.

The trooper slowed down when the chase became dangerous, but another trooper east of the high rise on the bridge was able to stop the BMW on the exit ramp to 84th Street in Medina.

Orlovskii was obviously impaired, McDonald said, but the man gave troopers no explanation for why he was driving so fast.

McDonald said that from the time the trooper spotted Orlovskii's vehicle to the time of stop, the BMW traveled 2.59 miles in 1 minute 8 seconds, which is an average speed of 137 mph.

Orlovskii, 24, has been cited for multiple driving infractions, including at least twice for reckless driving.

"He's just an extremely aggressive driver," McDonald said.

Orlovskii posted bail over the weekend and has not yet been charged.

That's TOO dangerous driving at that speed. The traffic on the bridge is intense and how did he do this? It would be neat to see him lose control of the car and go off the bridge and lose his car in the water and himself. I wish the police tow away the car and fine him lot of money and revoke the license.

But was it safe for the Trooper to pursue???? Two driver's safer at that speed than one? There should have never been a chase.

That's TOO dangerous driving at that speed. The traffic on the bridge is intense and how did he do this? It would be neat to see him lose control of the car and go off the bridge and lose his car in the water and himself. I wish the police tow away the car and fine him lot of money and revoke the license.

2008 BMW M6. trust me - driving BMW's M-series car is nothing like any of these cars you have driven. it's.... that special :cool2:

BMW and Audi are really that good and 150 mph is really nothing. They drive 120mph easy at Autobahn and when you drive it at that speed, it feels like 65 mph.

But was it safe for the Trooper to pursue???? Two driver's safer at that speed than one? There should have never been a chase.

that's why the officer disengaged the chase.

The trooper slowed down when the chase became dangerous,

giddy yup!

I wish I would drive on Autobahn.

They naw give yaw a ticket for Speeding

BUT

You can get ticket for running out of gas!

2008 BMW M6. trust me - driving BMW's M-series car is nothing like any of these cars you have driven. it's.... that special :cool2:

BMW and Audi are really that good and 150 mph is really nothing. They drive 120mph easy at Autobahn and when you drive it at that speed, it feels like 65 mph.

that's why the officer disengaged the chase.

He still reached 130.

I had a Lexus SC 400 in the 90's. That thing would fly too. It was heavy with great balance. You could serve tea at 120.

I knew that but that's still DANGEROUS. I wished he lose his car and stop driving and endangering drivers.

He should belong to the autobahn, not in the US. He needs to go and move to Germany....I think he's just a yuppie.

He should belong to the autobahn, not in the US. He needs to go and move to Germany....I think he's just a yuppie.

He belongs to public bus :lol: Germany would not even issue a license to him.

He belongs to public bus :lol: Germany would not even issue a license to him.

Yup that's for sure. I can't believe what he did. I can't imagine driving at 60 mph on that floating bridge and see him whizzing by at 150 mph. :shock: Must be a stiff gust passing by.

I knew that but that's still DANGEROUS. I wished he lose his car and stop driving and endangering drivers.

no I don't think you understand how heavenly M-series is but you're right - it's still stupidly dangerous and he should not be driving for a long while.

no I don't think you understand how heavenly M-series is but you're right - it's still stupidly dangerous and he should not be driving for a long while.

Yes....I have driven some fast cars that belong to Enterprise also test drove a Subaru WRX STI....BIG difference compared to my encobox. They handle just like on rails, basically.

Back