Do you stop at train railroad?

Which do you tend to do? Wait or Across?

• Total voters
To answer the question, it depends on the situation.

If there was a crossing sign alerting me that a train was coming, then I would stay and wait until it ended. If it lasted longer than usual and there was actually no train, I would still back up and go another way unless there was a worker who let us by cuz it was an error or glitch in the system.

If there was not a crossing sign alerting me, then I would slow down and look both ways before driving through. It I saw a train coming and it's a mile away, I'd be fine. If it would be too close for comfort, then I wouldn't do it.

HI all, on my power wheelchair, I usally stop and look both way.. a MTA city train station have a siren for warning a train coming with red hand icon flashing and "Second Train". You heard about eldery tried to get into a train, a train ran over the woman's and other accidents in Minneapolis, MN. Never beat the trains! it's the laws :)

I live really close to three railways (three blocks west of me) and my school is right next to the railways. I always stop and look around to make sure no train is coming before I can go across. I'm not stupid compared to that deaf Texan woman who got killed by the train while walking on the railroad and stared at her sidekick. :roll:

deaf Texan woman who got killed by the train while walking on the railroad and stared at her sidekick.

Walking on the railroad? She did not.

She was about 1 and half feet away from the railroad. (small side walking path)

Go ahead when it is on "chick" game. :eek:

:giggle: Of course not. I does stop and check both sides at railroad, street, subway, runaway (airport), nursing home hallway and anywhere.

Unforgotten video moment I saw when two young girls ran around to go across railroad when big train was upcoming, One girl stopped and other girl didn't...(splat!). :eek3:

Back