Do you stop at train railroad?

Which do you tend to do? Wait or Across?

• Total voters
ghsh1996 said:
I was talking about some specific area. I live in Aurora they dont have railroad! I know that Downtown do have railroad and they build a new subway also.
the "new subway" is called Lightrail ;) how long have you lived in Denver, I'm currently in southwest Denver around Lakewood/Denver/Littleton but next month from now I'll be moving to Thornton

nozobo said:
the "new subway" is called Lightrail ;) how long have you lived in Denver, I'm currently in southwest Denver around Lakewood/Denver/Littleton but next month from now I'll be moving to Thornton

I live here for 6 years. Someday we would like move to Parker.

We have gates and the red lights to let us know the trains are coming.

We have gates and the red lights to let us know the trains are coming.
This woman saw the trains and lights, and she tried to beat them. The video shows how she tried to outrun the train.

Awful.

This woman saw the trains and lights, and she tried to beat them. The video shows how she tried to outrun the train.

Awful.

and now two of her kids are dead and 2 survived with injuries. Right now, she's in critical condition.

Some people just lack common sense. It makes me angry when a parent would put their children's lives at stake just to beat the train!

If the Railroad crossing comes down I would stop, but at times I got lucky when I across the railroad and the crossing lights weren't down and the Train was like maybe 20 to 25 miles away as I across the railroad track and saw it coming I was like DAMN why didn't they lower the crossing bars and start the RR Crossing lights even if it's 25 or 30 miles away but it was not moving. I wouldn't care whether it's NOT MOVING, they still needs to lower the R&R Crossing Bars. *whew* Next time I would never do that again that was the FIRST TIME it ever happen to me.

Like Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as Stupid Does". That's why people would try speed to beat the Red Light or the R&R Crossing.

One time, i did double dare myself with my wife and two so-so friends that once the gate was down and i waited waited more than 5 to 10 mins so i decided to go around the gates and went safe side and then saw train was coming in about 2 to 5 miles away.... OH GEEZ it was AMTRAK... how stupid of me doing that.... NEVER NEVER do that ever again go around the gate that was down. My heart was beating so hard!!! DANGGONE myself with that... From now on, i stopped all train tracks with gates down. I learned my lesson about that....

when im live in Cabot,Ar for 4 years and i always carefully to watch for trains passby and before trains coming i across before trains come i run across before trains i always kept eyes of trains.

One time, i did double dare myself with my wife and two so-so friends that once the gate was down and i waited waited more than 5 to 10 mins so i decided to go around the gates and went safe side and then saw train was coming in about 2 to 5 miles away.... OH GEEZ it was AMTRAK... how stupid of me doing that.... NEVER NEVER do that ever again go around the gate that was down. My heart was beating so hard!!! DANGGONE myself with that... From now on, i stopped all train tracks with gates down. I learned my lesson about that....

Umm.. Did you check ur underwear to see whether you crapped in ur pants? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO:booty: :giggle:

Awful.
Yes and she got her daughters killed and sons in injuries. I was wondering any charge against the mother??

and now two of her kids are dead and 2 survived with injuries. Right now, she's in critical condition.

Some people just lack common sense. It makes me angry when a parent would put their children's lives at stake just to beat the train!

Agreed...getting to someplace on time is not worth the risks. The mother will live with that burden and guilt for the rest of her life.

Agreed...getting to someplace on time is not worth the risks. The mother will live with that burden and guilt for the rest of her life.

I saw the video... apparently it was 2 trains! Unbelievable.

As if I have a car I would stop before the train coming.... its so crazy if I ZOOM across railroad....

You are lucky that you are safe. That is exactly what my classmate did and lost his life. He waited for maybe 20 minutes at the tracks on the way home from work. He got impatient and drove around the gates. He was profoundly deaf and didn't hear the train. We had finished high school a year earlier. He attended a local college and was about to transfer to Gallaudet in three or two weeks. I stopped at the tracks everytime because of him.

My advice to you guys, when the cars ahead of you stopped at the red light and you are coming up on the tracks. Stop well before the tracks, not on the tracks. If the train is coming and you might not be able to back the car up. The cars behind you might be too slow in backing up. Save you the trouble by stopping before the tracks while at red light.

yes i do stop at the gate and without gate too. never know as i dont want to get hit. it is coming and may look slow but its going fast like a car at 40 mph in the town when they are out of town they go faster.. 55 to 60 mph..

a friend of mine he is deaf and didnt stop at the track and went across it and the train rearended his car. Lucky he came with non-life threatening injuries. Still stupid to go across the track.

You are lucky that you are safe. That is exactly what my classmate did and lost his life. He waited for maybe 20 minutes at the tracks on the way home from work. He got impatient and drove around the gates. He was profoundly deaf and didn't hear the train. We had finished high school a year earlier. He attended a local college and was about to transfer to Gallaudet in three or two weeks. I stopped at the tracks everytime because of him.

My advice to you guys, when the cars ahead of you stopped at the red light and you are coming up on the tracks. Stop well before the tracks, not on the tracks. If the train is coming and you might not be able to back the car up. The cars behind you might be too slow in backing up. Save you the trouble by stopping before the tracks while at red light.

Sorry to hear that your classmate didn't make it. Yeah, i wouldn't dare do that ever again if it comes down and sit and wait until it's clear and then processing to cross the track in safely!

Back