Deaf and HOH are lucky!

I've read many of threads on this site...just want to throw this out there...when people are asking for help or a deaf friend, people responding put the fist negative thing that pops out into their brains into the thread box. Would you do that in real life? Of course not. I like how people magically grow a pair or balls online. I just hope people treat people how other would like to be treated. That's my rant. Have a great day!

You were corrected by multiple people on this and yet you thought the the above was the best way to respond? You are just proving what most of us are already spotting in you... we've ran into you many times before. Your type loves to infest the community and your intentions are not good. Do get lost until you grow up.

The analogy here is you walking into a a predominately black neighborhood and going "WASSUP MY NIGGAS!" and then when you are told to refrain from such ignorance you start talking about people needing to grow a pair. You aren't deaf, sweetheart and cannot begin to grasp the reality of that concept until it happens to you.

i was asking crazypaul. not OP's OP said it already in her first post.

I really didn't know people were so sensitive. I'm sorry everyone. I did not mean lucky that way. I made a lighthearted joke about how sometimes hearing can be annoying. Didn't mean to upset so many people.

I really didn't know people were so sensitive. I'm sorry everyone. I did not mean lucky that way. I made a lighthearted joke about how sometimes hearing can be annoying. Didn't mean to upset so many people.

yeah welcome to real world.

Some of us who dont' mind, or understand what you are talking about. Some of us who DO MIND.

Oh well. :aw:

ashley, just ignore this thread and surfing other threads if they interest you to post there. enjoy posting. :D

best of luck with ASL. no you did not offend you excited that good

I consider myself lucky to have learned ASL and discover the Deaf community. Now, I dont consider myself unlucky to be deaf anymore. Life is too short to cry over something we cant control.

I was unlucky to grow up without ASL and in a hearing world full time as a deaf person.

I consider myself lucky to have learned ASL and discover the Deaf community. Now, I dont consider myself unlucky to be deaf anymore. Life is too short to cry over something we cant control.

I was unlucky to grow up without ASL and in a hearing world full time as a deaf person.

I love your positive attitude :)

Several posts are removed, I'm giving this thread another chance. Have some respect with other members here or this thread will be closed and/or face consequences.

Thank you.

I can't win here. Yea you're right. I'm poking fun at you. Seriously?

Dead.

Seriously?

Your first line "You guys are lucky not to hear half the crap people say."

Ever thought that some deaf people DO want to know?

I think Botts had it right. Just some middle-school deaf wanna-be who got hooked on Switched at Birth and decides she knows it all for the deaf.

Good job!

(I think I'll go find a blind forum and tell them how lucky they are to be blind to not see crap.)

(Or, I'll go to a wheelchair forum and tell them how lucky they are not to have to step in crap.)

And yes, I'm being sarcastic. Never would I go to a forum and tell someone they're lucky for something that I've never experienced and not known myself. Even I have some respect for others.

Like I said a million times before, im sorry. Didnt mean to offend, so why am I being attacked? If you honestly thougt I would come here to purposely offend you....you are extremely wrong.

:laugh2: very entertaining thread. relax AshleyRenee88 .... you just learned that deaf/hoh can be very blunt. its our culture. is it a bad or good thing? thats for another debate. Because of the way we grew up in the "hearing world" and the way we been treated oveer the years just makes us very defensive with comments like yours since its not a common thing for people to say - no matter what the disability or not it is.

:laugh2: very entertaining thread. relax AshleyRenee88 .... you just learned that deaf/hoh can be very blunt. its our culture. is it a bad or good thing? thats for another debate. Because of the way we grew up in the "hearing world" and the way we been treated oveer the years just makes us very defensive with comments like yours since its not a common thing for people to say - no matter what the disability or not it is.

I see that. I'm blunt too. But I didn't know some people thought it was such a bad thing. I was raised to understand that the Deaf do not consider being deaf a disability. Didn't really consider the HOH or late deafened feelings of the issue until now. But hey I certainly didn't mean any harm.

Wirelessly posted

AshleyRenee88 said:

I see that. I'm blunt too. But I didn't know some people thought it was such a bad thing. I was raised to understand that the Deaf do not consider being deaf a disability. Didn't really consider the HOH or late deafened feelings of the issue until now. But hey I certainly didn't mean any harm.

I was not offended. But some do get offended. As I stated in my first post to you is i figured you did not intend any harm. Which I was trying to get you to understand. Blunt as you may be, I was not the enemy as you thought I was. I do not go around this forum to pick on people. It is not who I am. Now if you re read my first two post. I was actually trying to help you.

Wirelessly posted

I was not offended. But some do get offended. As I stated in my first post to you is i figured you did not intend any harm. Which I was trying to get you to understand. Blunt as you may be, I was not the enemy as you thought I was. I do not go around this forum to pick on people. It is not who I am. Now if you re read my first two post. I was actually trying to help you.

Well I do apologize for getting defensive.

Back