Dad unfit parent for not taking son to McDonalds

I wouldn't go so far as to say unfit but she could use some parenting help. Not just because the kid will develop bad eating habits but also because she's not training him to develop character.

Exactly!!! If I was the husband I'd be all, don't you dare call me when he's an out of control teenager!!! Don't you dare.

My ex's ex, yeah that's right my exhusband's ex, the mother of 2 of his children was awful, awful awful awful. She was not the boss, the kids were the boss. If the younger son got in trouble at our house he'd sneak the phone and call his mom and tell her we were being mean to him and to come pick him, she'd do it to. ugh I could go on and on and on. That's exactly what would happen to when they got older, she'd call him crying about him.

That's ridiculous. He's 4 years old. Come on now. Suppose Dad took him to Dad's favorite restaurant and he ordered grilled cheese sandwich with fries for his son but the son didn't like to eat that sandwich. So what would Dad do about it? Force him to eat?

It's ridiculous calling the dad an unfit dad because he refuse to buy his kid junk food. If the dad is an unfit dad for not buying his kid junk food why the HELL is the government trying put a ban on unhealthy foods ? It can't be both way , fast food is either bad or good for you it can't be both. This whole thing is blow way out of proportion. It's a waste of court time and tax payers money.

It's ridiculous calling the dad an unfit dad because he refuse to buy his kid junk food. If the dad is an unfit dad for not buying his kid junk food why the HELL is the government trying put a ban on unhealthy foods ? It can't be both way , fast food is either bad or good for you it can't be both. This whole thing is blow way out of proportion. It's a waste of court time and tax payers money.
I agree that he's NOT an unfit father for not taking his son to McDonald's. If I were him, I would ask the son if he would like an ice cream after eating a grilled cheese sandwich at another restaurant. Parents have to know how to smooth talk to their kids instead of saying no at all times.

Today kids can easily disrespect their parents if they don't get what they want.

I agree that he's NOT an unfit father for not taking his son to McDonald's. If I were him, I would ask the son if he would like an ice cream after eating a grilled cheese sandwich at another restaurant. Parents have to know how to smooth talk to their kids instead of saying no at all times.
I didn't read anything that said the dad said no all the time. He did offer the boy other food options, and I doubt it was all liver and onions.

I didn't read anything that said the dad said no all the time. He did offer the boy other food options, and I doubt it was all liver and onions.
I checked other food options at Corner Cafe. They serve junk food as well. :hmm:

Do you remember ALL of what you did or didn't when you were 3, 4 or 5 years old?
I do, set the house on fire and got my ass busted good too. I remember what I was doing... I couldn't strike matches so I lit them on the stove and threw them in the trash can, well they didn't go out(was in the kitchen on the 2nd floor) we had a window fan there. So I ran outside like nothing happened. My younger sister who couldn't talk yet got my moms attention, my mom got my dad who put the fire out...all without alarming the family ( we had a family reunion that day and a very large family at the time) My dad spanked my ass good for playing with matches, I learned my lesson very well. I was 5 I believe maybe 4.

Today kids can easily disrespect their parents if they don't get what they want.
and they do!

Yup, they are controlling society as we know it... ways to control population with crime.

So... if you have 4 years old son who threw a fit for not getting what he wants that means there is something wrong with discipline and manners. Kids learn a lot from seeing things and parents giving them junk foods or toys he wanted to have. A 4 years old can be smart and can figure things out.

A strict parents would be another story, a 4 years old kid would know a strict parents wouldn't allow it and understand that no means no and things like that.

For a spoiled kids, it's too easy for parents to give in and give him what he wants. The dad knows his boundaries and limit his junk food such as avoid McDonalds. I don't blame the dad for that, but for the mother to make that call went too far.

Last edited:
I don't see the Dad is unfit parent for not taking son to McDonalds.

If I have my own kids... there's no way they're gonna go to McDonalds to eat junk foods as an regular meals. I'm not a big fan of McDonalds, only time I would eat McDonalds if I'm on the road trip and gotta eat something.

Your point is that she should not spoil him?

By letting him get his way is asking for more trouble down the road. Not good for the kid because he wont learn how to work with others.

I checked other food options at Corner Cafe. They serve junk food as well. :hmm:

You seem to be missing the whole point here , it's more about the dad not wanting to give into his son having a tantrum . Dad does not want his kid grow up being a spoiled brat. He was going his job as a parent , he was NOT trying to be his son best friend which was a lot of parents do today. A cop got on TV after teenager committed a mass shooting and the cop said he wish parents would stop trying to be their kids best friends and be best parents instead.

"I wish I had taken him to McDonalds, but you get nervous about rewarding bad behavior. I was concerned. I think it was a 1950s equivalent of sending your child to bed without dinner. That’s maybe the worst thing you can say about it,” he said " The dad said this!

“. .

Back