Dad unfit parent for not taking son to McDonalds

Why was he crying "Mommy" when he was with Daddy?
Because Daddy refused to take him to McDonald. You know what? Many kids do that! Even they cry "Daddy" when Mom says no. That's a part of our childhood. Don't tell me that you never did that when you were a child.

Chicken nuggets aren't necessarily healthy either, and they usually come with fries and soda.

You know what? Even if they were the purest health food, if a parent says "no" that's it--no tantrums. Kids have to learn self control or their lives will be miserable.

Even at 4 years old, he's learning how to play the divorce card with his parents. Very sad situation. :(
Usually a parent says no to a new toy or McDonald or whatever because the parent doesn't have enough money.

Dad's strict mother was puzzled why he didn't take the son to McDonald and get over with it because he can afford it.

Self-control? For 4 yrs old kid? Too young to control self.

Because Daddy refused to take him to McDonald. You know what? Many kids do that! Even they cry "Daddy" when Mom says no. That's a part of our childhood. Don't tell me that you never did that when you were a child.

Usually a parent says no to a new toy or McDonald or whatever because the parent doesn't have enough money.

Dad's strict mother was puzzled why he didn't take the son to McDonald and get over with it because he can afford it.

I never did when I was a child . "NO" meant NO , .

It was not about the dad trying to control his son , he did not want encourage his son to tried to get his way in the future by having tantrum .
And that is good parenting. It's called tough love. One a child know they get their way by having a tantrum they'll do it again.

It was not about the dad trying to control his son , he did not want encourage his son to tried to get his way in the future by having tantrum .
And that is good parenting. It's called tough love. One a child know they get their way by having a tantrum they'll do it again.
That's ridiculous. He's 4 years old. Come on now. Suppose Dad took him to Dad's favorite restaurant and he ordered grilled cheese sandwich with fries for his son but the son didn't like to eat that sandwich. So what would Dad do about it? Force him to eat?

So the boy wanted chicken nuggets, not hamburger. What's wrong with chicken nuggets? Are they as bad as hamburgers? He's only 4 yrs old.

Did you know most chicken nuggets are made from mechanically separated chicken, its not exactly healthy and good for growing bodys.

That's ridiculous. He's 4 years old. Come on now. Suppose Dad took him to Dad's favorite restaurant and he ordered grilled cheese sandwich with fries for his son but the son didn't like to eat that sandwich. So what would Dad do about it? Force him to eat?

Have you see about child obesity?

The father should get a medal and not be punished for not encouraging poor eating habits

Forget about the bad eating habits. If you tell a kid no, and they then throw a fit you DO NOT cave and give them what they're throwing a fit for. It just rewards bad behavior and makes the word "no" completely meaningless and he'll just throw more fits to get his way because he has learned that it works. It's just stupid.

I know that kids do that except in this case Mommy wasn't present with them when it happened.

No, I didn't. I knew that it would be futile and I would get into more trouble that way.

Or because they don't want their children to feel entitled or spoiled and always expect to get whatever they want.

No, I think the grandmother saw the ways of the divorcing mother and knew how she would react.

No, I would say they started too late by the way he acted.

I was fortunate enough to be blessed with reasonable parents that raised me the "right" way. I also grew up knowing that "NO" meant "NO". If I carried on, I was punished. If I did behaved, I was praised.

Not many other children today can say that...

I was fortunate enough to be blessed with reasonable parents that raised me the "right" way. I also grew up knowing that "NO" meant "NO". If I carried on, I was punished. If I did behaved, I was praised.

Yeah, yeah.. Rub it in.. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

Saavik said:

Yeah, yeah.. Rub it in.. :lol:

Of course I should rub it in... I'm far more superior to the spoiled brats called "celebrities" ... :P

Wirelessly posted

Of course I should rub it in... I'm far more superior to the spoiled brats called "celebrities" ... :P

I was referring to rubbing in a good childhood compared to my non-existent one.. But I'll take being called a celebrity..lol

Wirelessly posted

Saavik said:
Wirelessly posted

I was referring to rubbing in a good childhood compared to my non-existent one.. But I'll take being called a celebrity..lol

My statement about not many people being able to say that was intended towards the spoiled brats of today's times.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you had an awful childhood. :( Hope I didn't insult ya!

And what kind if celeb would ya be, if you could choose?

Do you remember ALL of what you did or didn't when you were 3, 4 or 5 years old?

Yes I do remember because my dad made it very clear as soon as we knew how to talk if he said "SHUT UP !" you better do it if you knew what good for you.

I once asked my son who is 24 yrs old why he ate McDonald's one day and then ate In 'n Out Burger next day. He responded that food is food. :laugh2:

For example, an Asian man eats noodles or rice every day. He never eats something else. Food is food.

The correct question should be "Is Mom who took his son to McDonald's afterwards an unfit parent?".

The correct question should be "Is Mom who took his son to McDonald's afterwards an unfit parent?".
I wouldn't go so far as to say unfit but she could use some parenting help. Not just because the kid will develop bad eating habits but also because she's not training him to develop character.

How do you "make" a kid eat?

:confused: The dad was interviewed. Did you read the link?

My ex sister in law would take he child face in her hand and pull her mouth open and yell "EAT EAT ! " and I was like WTF! and I told her to stop doing that to her child. She had twin girls and one would not eat , but she was very smart , she would hide the food in her mouth the spit it out when she got up. I would get to fights with my ex sister in law about the way to treated her girls.

I wouldn't go so far as to say unfit but she could use some parenting help. Not just because the kid will develop bad eating habits but also because she's not training him to develop character.
Come on, he's only 4 years old.

Back