Chinese Food

don't know about the whole baby bird thing...maybe try a nice noodle dish.....

authentic Vietnamese/Cambodian food...... believe me - you ain't seen nothing yet because half of its authentic food is most likely illegal or not "welcomed" in here. here's why -

you go to this place for a nice soup with meat. and for meat - it's a whole baby bird boiled in the soup :barf:

Should try Filipino cuisine... Their national snack item is half-developed bird embryos... which they eat WHOLE after cracking an egg.

I'm not a fan of sticky rice either. Korean rice is sticky and sweet... the most popular choice for many. I prefer chinese or mexican rice (non-sticky type)

okay....not something I 'd go for, but am sure there are plenty of things people eat in the West or U.S, that someone from Cambodia or Thailand would be like:shock:

Have you even try to drink hot sake? This is small cup size like shot with ceramic pottery cups. It make me drunk so quickly! I love it! My husband took me to Japanese restaurant for 1 year wedding anniversary last summer and my 27 birthday last year ago. I love the hot sake!!!! My favorite to eat green tea ice cream. Yummy!

Have you even try to drink hot sake? This is small cup size like shot with ceramic pottery cups. It make me drunk so quickly! I love it! My husband took me to Japanese restaurant for 1 year wedding anniversary last summer and my 27 birthday last year ago. I love the hot sake!!!! My favorite to eat green tea ice cream. Yummy!

lol!! same here. hot sake gets me drunk pretty fast. I had one in Vegas couple years ago and that was one expensive drink!!!! about $120+ per SMALL bottle. I usually drink it cold.

lol!! same here. hot sake gets me drunk pretty fast. I had one in Vegas couple years ago and that was one expensive drink!!!! about $120+ per SMALL bottle. I usually drink it cold.

Really? Wow! It's expensive. Mine was cost about 8 dollar for small sake with 2 mini cups each for me and my husband. I was pig out and get drunk. LoL

Really? Wow! It's expensive. Mine was cost about 8 dollar for small sake with 2 mini cups each for me and my husband. I was pig out and get drunk. LoL

must be cheap sake :giggle:

but the restaurant we went was "high class". damn overpriced!

Sake made my head spin very quickly!

I have read about balut, photos made me :barf:

I live in a small town, and haven't tried a great variety of foreign foods- restaurants near me to tend to be Indian or Italian, and highly Anglicized, but yummy!

When I go to the Chinese takeway I like Singapore vermicelli- dry spicy noodles with mixed meat and veg, peppers etc- but I have no doubt that it's very different to what people actually eat in Singapore. I also like prawn crackers, ribs and anything deep fried...! Though I gather that the usual diet in China doesn't always consist of fried rice and fried food, so it's probably a lot healthier than my local takeaway.

must be cheap sake :giggle:

but the restaurant we went was "high class". damn overpriced!

It's not cheap. The Japanese restaurant are expensive. My husband spent the money about 60 dollars on two meals, salads, soups, appetizer, sake, green tea ice cream. We went to other Japanese restaurant in downtown. It's very expensive than close to my home. They are upper class people. My husband spent the money about 70 dollars and plus TIP because of chef cook in front the table.

I just made pad thai. Not only do I love it, but the whole thing cost $5.78.

i'm pretty picky but im trying to get better...my gf is chinese so i try to try stuff lol i love pho too and spring rolls...loveee spring rolls..i also LOVE italian food! ..prolly cuz im italian hahaha lol

Yes, I have that before in Hawaii...MMM, MMM!

That's why my face turns green and smile :D

:lol:

Chicken Adobo boneless, Filipino Dish...MMM, MMM!
Good Eats 'n Sweet Treats: Chicken Adobo
Chicken Adobo, yes. Baluts, no thanks. :lol:

During our Navy life, we had several Filipino friends who shared their foods with us.

I prefer lumpia to eggrolls and spring rolls. I also like pancit (various combinations), and puto.

Back