Chinese Food

There are times when I wonder where the hell they came up with weird names for some of their food.

One restaurant I went to as a kid had Po Po Platter. We always joked about it being "Poo Poo Platter". ;)

I love to eat Chinese, Japanese, Thai and other Asian food. Yummy!!!! My favorite to eat crab rangoon, Egg rolls, won ton soup, any stir fry, any meats, and SUSHI!!! And MORE!!!! I ate frog's legs, crab legs, swordish and other weird food. LoL! It depend on meats that I don't want to eat it.

hey, i suggestion yours would go chinese-restuant to drink tea when travel in Hong Kong :)
bcoz Hong Kong is genuine!Haha

I like Chinese foods all right - I usually eat at an nationally-chained restaurant called Panda Express.

you should say hello to them! they may not look too friendly when replying back. just give it some time.

Yea, I will...It's just that they're shy and they lived in my building for a year now.

I introduced my ex to Korean food couple months ago and she loves it very much especially kimchi. now she will go on a year-long study abroad next year in Korea so this is a good "transition" for her.

I have heard that many Americans grow to love Korean food especially kimchi and bim-bim-bop since that Olympic held in Korea.

Really, Hmm I'll check that out and I'll try and start with kimchi and bim-bim bop. but not much Korean restaurant in my area, mostly Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Vietnamese. I have to look it up on google.

Thanks for telling me about it.

Peace

yep! basil is my #1 favorite veggie. I frequently ask for double portion of basil for my pho. I wish I can buy a truckload of it straight out of garden because that's how much I can consume in a week but it's not cheap...

I'm pretty picky about basil. Most of them are "low (or mediocre) quality" because it barely has any flavor and the smell is weak. I like the one that gives off strong basil smell and has rich taste. I can easily smell it a mile away! :lol: one day... I will have a nice cozy small house with a little garden to grow my own basil. Last week in my condo elevator.. I smelled something and looked around. I told this guy - that's a very very good basil you got there, sir. I looked at the guy and he's Italian. :lol:

Yes, I wish I had the time and space for an herb garden. I especially like lemon basil! It has a great smell, and just a slight lemony taste.

I have seen herb gardens you can grown on your windowsill. I am always tempted because I love to add herbs to my food, as opposed to salt.

Mmm... I love Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese (think dim sum), Ukrainian and other Slavic cuisines. Dutch, Ethopian, Jamaican are other favourites of mine.

Not too fond of the Korean's experimentation with "fermented" cabbages though, other than kimchi. Not too found of British food either. French can be too rich sometimes, but not always.

Mmm... I love Vietnamese, Japanese, Chinese (think dim sum), Ukrainian and other Slavic cuisines. Dutch, Ethopian, Jamaican are other favourites of mine.

Not too fond of the Korean's experimentation with "fermented" cabbages though, other than kimchi. Not too found of British food either. French can be too rich sometimes, but not always.

same. I ordered some pizza when I left French restaurant serving 5-courses meal in Paris :lol:

Chinese food is least of my favorite, I prefer Japanese food over Chinese food.

I don't care for it much. It has too much French influence, and is an odd grouping of foods.

Might as well stay away from authentic Vietnamese then. ;)

I have a hard time separating Cambodian from Vietnamese in term of taste though. Of course, you get the occasional Malaysian and Thai dishes that make the Cambodian cuisine separate from Vietnamese.

Korean Chapchae (job-chay?) is sooo good. We had a great Korean cafe here, but guess what? Now it's more Texas barbecue. sigh... no more for me...

Might as well stay away from authentic Vietnamese then. ;)

I have a hard time separating Cambodian from Vietnamese in term of taste though.

We have a lot of Vietnamese and Cambodian refuges here who were invited as refuges in the 1970's. Several families have restaurants, so they are still so new to US that they are pretty authentic.

The Vietnamese have great Pho that I enjoy,

Cambodian uses too much sticky rice and fruit.

They used the French influence differently. I have a dislike for the Vietmanes custom of coffee with sweetened condensed milk, but mostly I like it..

They seem very different to me.

Aw... that's why I like Vietnamese, south Chinese, Laotian, Cambodian and so on! The glutenious rice!

I want my glutinous rice in lotus leaf now. :( Off to the dim sum restaurant!

Aw... that's why I like Vietnamese, south Chinese, Laotian, Cambodian and so on! The glutenious rice!

I want my glutinous rice in lotus leaf now. :( Off to the dim sum restaurant!

Ewww! :lol: But you do make me want to run out and get Pho for lunch. With a good tea.

authentic Vietnamese/Cambodian food...... believe me - you ain't seen nothing yet because half of its authentic food is most likely illegal or not "welcomed" in here. here's why -

you go to this place for a nice soup with meat. and for meat - it's a whole baby bird boiled in the soup :barf:

:hmm: I knew about the French-Vietnamese influence and I suppose I can see where it may play into Cambodian too. Am not big fan of sticky rice. Would like to try Cambodian to see, tho....would have probably have to go out of area to find good representation. I do like to try different things,even if it's just once.
I sometimes like milk in some East Indian tea, with cardamom....but I really can't have much milk at all.

Back